This one is so freaking awesome! 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

The Archive Series is a funny thing.

You spend the majority of time hoping for shows you deep down know are unlikely to be released, so you spend a month presuming an era is coming and start looking forward to that. Then they throw a curveball at you. There's an immediate sense of "hm", but you listen, and you're struck. 

But sometimes, sometimes you anticipate an era, you anticipate a show. And that faith in Springsteen, that faith in Nugs, that faith in the Archive, is rewarded. 

Listening to this perfection that is The Roxy '78, hearing the anger, the passion, the jubilation from Bruce singing "Darkness on the Edge of Town", and it fills me with joy. It excites me for the times I'm going to spend listening to this song, this show, for what's to come from this amazing project. 

The Roxy '78 and Football's coming home. If Carlsberg did weekends, ey?

• Like 4

Oh wow. I’ve read all your posts about this show during the last weeks, so this is very exciting. How did you all make it happen?:)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The Archive Series is a funny thing.

You spend the majority of time hoping for shows you deep down know are unlikely to be released, so you spend a month presuming an era is coming and start looking forward to that. Then they throw a curveball at you. There's an immediate sense of "hm", but you listen, and you're struck. 

But sometimes, sometimes you anticipate an era, you anticipate a show. And that faith in Springsteen, that faith in Nugs, that faith in the Archive, is rewarded. 

Listening to this perfection that is The Roxy '78, hearing the anger, the passion, the jubilation from Bruce singing "Darkness on the Edge of Town", and it fills me with joy. It excites me for the times I'm going to spend listening to this song, this show, for what's to come from this amazing project. 

The Roxy '78 and Football's coming home. If Carlsberg did weekends, ey?

The exact same feeling came over me hearing Darkness just now. Music this present is moving, it's life-affirming. 

There is magic in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

Oh wow. I’ve read all your posts about this show during the last weeks, so this is very exciting. How did you all make it happen?:)

I tweeted at Bruce and Nugs 13 times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

Nugs clearly thought I deserved a nice present leading into my Uni Graduation :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

The exact same feeling came over me hearing Darkness just now. Music this present is moving, it's life-affirming. 

There is magic in it.

It reminds you why you're a fan. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

What an improvement of the sound!! I’m really happy with this archive release. It sound fresh while the broadcast had some muffled compressed sound. You hardly can imagine that this show was 40 years ago!! 

It’s a great way to celebrate the anniversary of this show!! 

1 minute ago, Marnix said:

What an improvement of the sound!! I’m really happy with this archive release. It sound fresh while the broadcast had some muffled compressed sound. You hardly can imagine that this show was 40 years ago!! 

It’s a great way to celebrate the anniversary of this show!! 

You can definitely hear the distance on the bootleg, but that's nonexistent here. 

Digging a grave for another beloved bootleg.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If you're lucky, at the right time, you come across music that is not only "great," or interesting, or "incredible," or fun, but actually sustaining. Through some elusive but tangible process, a piece of music cuts through all defenses and makes sense of every fear and desire you bring to it. . . . You hear that this is what life is all about, that this is what it is for. Yet it is this recognition itself that makes you understand that life can never be this good, this whole. With a clarity life denies for its own good reasons, you see places to which you can never get. --Greil Marcus, "[Bruce Springsteen] Live at the Roxy"

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I'm trying to think about it from the perspective of some of you guys. 

You've waited 40 years for this moment. I know that this show has circulated heavily and that the tapes have been there for it to be listened to, but it's just so amazing that this has happened.

The Roxy, officially released, in this stunning audio quality. It delivers hope that anything can happen. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

The 12 minutes of "Second Encore Break" are pure genius.  :)

I was thinking I'd use it to replace every Children of the Corn version of Waitin' On A Sunny Day spread across the downloads.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Nugs clearly thought I deserved a nice present leading into my Uni Graduation :D

Congratulations on graduating, Paolo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Congratulations on graduating, Paolo. 

Thanks, MG. 

Hopefully someone will give me a nudge when my name's called on the day, because I'm playing this show LOUD and I can sense an eardrum rupturing before the night is done :lol: :lol:

Worth it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know it was Roxy '78 and not Wembley 2002, right? Just sayin' / clarifying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There I was one night... Just a normal guy....

Still one of my favourite bits which have stuck in my mind ever since I got the Live box....

• Like 6

Solo piano. Acoustic guitar. It's stunning every time.

But nothing - nothing - on God's green Earth compares with the elegance, the beauty and the quintessential existence of the full band "Racing in the Street." 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, wolfinthepines said:

It’s a day to remember alright. Gonna smash open the piggy bank for this one.

Going to treat myself to an early Birthday present.

• Like 2

On the various bootlegs of the radio broadcast there is not the 10 minute encore break. How is that possible if the show was live on the radio ??

4 minutes ago, Marnix said:

On the various bootlegs of the radio broadcast there is not the 10 minute encore break. How is that possible if the show was live on the radio ??

Did they not go back to the studio after "Raise Your Hand" and then came straight back when they realised "he was still alive" and playing "Twist and Shout"?

• Thanks 1