49 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

He should've gotten Clarence to do that then. 

He was already standing on Clarence's shoulders I think.

And then they had to leave because guards discovered There were intruders in the building-or better-on the roof.

This all from memory reading the story years ago-I can try if I can find it somewhere

Edit:could also be the story is in a famous radio interview.

downloaded it.  Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but nevertheless, very happy with this release. 

• Like 2

This may sound funny to members of this forum.... but i don't own any of the live releases.... even though i have been to lots of shows!, but my casettte copy of this in the loft has gone missing..... who remembers cassettes!!

So I will have to buy this one one ... 

21 hours ago, frankie80 said:

I do not have a discerning ear. Do I really need to buy this release if I' already have the bootleg? Seriously, it's not the money - it's the fact that I just don't hear things like "more instrumentation" "subtle blah, blah, blah." I've read people's comments and am amazed at their insights, but I just wonder if my tin ear will be able to pick up on them. Any thoughts? Thanks. 

It sounds less muffled... or not muffled at all... and the music definitely has a lot more drive to it. I would get it if I were you... such a great show, such great energy, no silly summer renditions of Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town... the whole thing is just awesome from start to finish. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DryBonesLive said:

This may sound funny to members of this forum.... but i don't own any of the live releases.... even though i have been to lots of shows!, but my casettte copy of this in the loft has gone missing..... who remembers cassettes!!

So I will have to buy this one one ... 

You'll probably have seen it, but if you're ever contemplating getting some shows and need a little 'help':

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 3:25 PM, Buddhabone said:

The only problem I have with it is the cover, which was a photo from Philadelphia in May. I used the one I found off google, which seems to fit.  1978-07-07-roxvox-cd.thumb.jpg.fa94a3cc765d4679845ea9f100bbbbe2.jpg

I bet you had an issue with every 2016/17 release that had photos from 190-81 for shows that were 30 something years later.  Who cares.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, frankie80 said:

I do not have a discerning ear. Do I really need to buy this release if I' already have the bootleg? Seriously, it's not the money - it's the fact that I just don't hear things like "more instrumentation" "subtle blah, blah, blah." I've read people's comments and am amazed at their insights, but I just wonder if my tin ear will be able to pick up on them. Any thoughts? Thanks. 

If the improved sound quality isn't going to improve your enjoyment of the show, then I wouldn't bother.

It's down to individual taste. As I've said before, they can improve the sound quality, but does that improve the excitement? I actually like the DJ links on the radio version, to me they add the excitement of what it must have been like hearing this on the radio at the time. Horses for courses.

The best way to listen to this is to drop acid, turn the speakers up to max volume, go outside, lay down and let the music take you to the moon and back. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Outlaw Darin said:

The best way to listen to this is to drop acid, turn the speakers up to max volume, go outside, lay down and let the music take you to the moon and back. 

Seriously, I've never felt the urge take drugs with Springsteen's music. It's such a natural high. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Horses for courses.

finally !

im on a bus heading to the hell hole that is Palmetston north

meeting the OH at bus stop then going to airport to pick up my 12 year old nephew who is coming to stay for a week

this bus is positively luxurious compaired to my ususal ride home to Wanganui

over to you Bruce ....

9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

finally !

im on a bus heading to the hell hole that is Palmetston north

meeting the OH at bus stop then going to airport to pick up my 12 year old nephew who is coming to stay for a week

this bus is positively luxurious compaired to my ususal ride home to Wanganui

over to you Bruce ....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

thats so awsome

thank you 

15311694963512109315418.jpg

• Like 1

ive just had this odd thought

...no particular reason ;)

Candy's room is the ultimate song when you dont want to go on a bathroom break but want to :lol:

2 hours ago, Outlaw Darin said:

Boy I haven't done that in about 35 years, and when I did it wasn't Bruce on the turntable, but The Doors, Jimi, Pink Floyd and The Beatles. 

• Like 2

OK, I haven't bought yet, wanted to her all the good and bad before jumping in. I'm not a audiophile like unclejosh and others here. I have Agora,  Passiac and Houston. What special about this one over the others. And keep in mind it's going to be downloaded onto my I-Pod and will listen in the car and out at the pool. Not in some studio, that it sounds like some have. 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, I haven't bought yet, wanted to her all the good and bad before jumping in. I'm not a audiophile like unclejosh and others here. I have Agora,  Passiac and Houston. What special about this one over the others. And keep in mind it's going to be downloaded onto my I-Pod and will listen in the car and out at the pool. Not in some studio, that it sounds like some have. 

You have a pool?  Who needs a studio when you have a pool?!  

But in seriousness, if you like the show as a bootleg, get it.  Personally, I think this sounds like a good quality bootleg and nowhere near as good as Passaic or Agora but it is an improvement on Roxy Night.  The drums seem to sit above everything else to me though.  It certainly doesn’t sound as good as the Phoenix clips from The Promise DVD.

Plus I have always felt many of the key tracks just got better performance wise as the tour progressed.  But lots of people seem to love it so if you like the show, you probably won’t regret buying it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Boy I haven't done that in about 35 years, and when I did it wasn't Bruce on the turntable, but The Doors, Jimi, Pink Floyd and The Beatles. 

Springsteen would never be my go-to soundtrack for hallucinogens.   Europe ‘72 and The ABB Live at Fillmore East.   I recall a particular evening in  Boston with Pink Floyd, and then letting the folks at BCN call the shots.  Great night.  Springsteen and drugs?  Not my thing.  

• Like 1

After 3 full listens between car stereo and my desktop stereo at work, I must admit, in my opinion the Live ‘75-‘85 mixes of the performances from this show are easier on the ears when listening at reasonable volumes.

Maybe it is the more polished production, or simply the fact that the Live ‘75-‘85 CD set has been my second bible for the past 20 years and is the gold standard for my Bruce live ears, I dunno.

The Archive Series has taught me that rigid no-frills rawness and hearing a show strictly “as it happened” may not stand up to repeated listens as well as I previously thought.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badlands78 said:

After 3 full listens between car stereo and my desktop stereo at work, I must admit, in my opinion the Live ‘75-‘85 mixes of the performances from this show are easier on the ears when listening at reasonable volumes.

Maybe it is the more polished production, or simply the fact that the Live ‘75-‘85 CD set has been my second bible for the past 20 years and is the gold standard for my Bruce live ears, I dunno.

The Archive Series has taught me that rigid no-frills rawness and hearing a show strictly “as it happened” may not stand up to repeated listens as well as I previously thought.

I really think the loudness wars are a thing .... I can't really explain it ....But it sucks

2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

I really think the loudness wars are a thing .... I can't really explain it ....But it sucks

No need to explain it when you've got stuff like Metallica's Death Magnetic.

15 hours ago, Karembu said:

The drums seem to sit above everything else to me though.

That’s the Altschiller trademark with his mixes. Not sure why. It’s not something you find with the Bob Clearmountain mixes. 

• Like 1

75-85 actually needs some volume added to it as it sounds like it was mastered without any.  It is one of the best and most beautifully mixed live albums ever but man you have to pump the volume to hear it properly.