ThePhisherman

New Setlist for Broadway last night

Without Patty, both her duets dropped, Long Walk Home dropped, Long Time comin added, This Hard Land premiered. 

Growin’ Up
My Hometown
My Father’s House
The Wish
Thunder Road
The Promised Land
Born In The USA
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Long Time Comin
The Ghost Of Tom Joad
The Rising
Dancing In The Dark
Land Of Hope And Dreams
Born To Run
This Hard Land

• Like 5

if only we had setlist vision i.could at least pretend to feel part of it

hope the peoole there last night appreciate what they get

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

if only we had setlist vision i.could at least pretend to feel part of it

hope the peoole there last night appreciate what they get

There are 2 videos if that is what you mean.

7 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Could the boredom finally be setting in? Joking (honestly) ;)

Finally.

Now will he finally announce the obvious: the High Hopes tour is coming to Europe in 2019. We've waited long enough. Is Frankie still in love? Are they still Harry's girls? Do we not need the wisdom of "This Is Your Sword" more than ever?

This album only got played in Aussie-NZ. That's not fair. Harry has never been played live. That's not right.

Before dismissing this, listen to the friggen album again. It's damn good, better than a lot of stuff he did in the '90's. Sort of flew under the radar.

Finish Broadway, celebrate the holidays and get over here with or without the band. High Hopes for Europe. We've waited long enough!

(Does that This Hard Land video get anyone else's juices flowing? Memories of Kilkenny. It's time.)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

Without Patty, both her duets dropped, Long Walk Home dropped, Long Time comin added, This Hard Land premiered. 

Never understood the love for LTC. Yes, it has some good lines but it's still a bit of an uninspired plodder music-wise. Gus, if you're out there - before you say it, no I haven't written anything remotely as good or produced and performed in a successful Broadway show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wolfinthepines said:

Never understood the love for LTC. Yes, it has some good lines but it's still a bit of an uninspired plodder music-wise. Gus, if you're out there - before you say it, no I haven't written anything remotely as good or produced and performed in a successful Broadway show.

I'm with Gus, I never understood the need to express every friggin opinion you have at every opportunity.   Maybe it is the listener who is uninspired plodder taste wise!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

I'm with Gus, I never understood the need to express every friggin opinion you have at every opportunity.   Maybe it is the listener who is uninspired plodder taste wise!

Ha! Good for you. And I'm sure you're right.

• Like 1

What?  He's STILL on Broadway?  Bloody hellfire.  I thought he was in retirement buying horses and counting his money.

I really ought to try and keep up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

Without Patty, 

Patti.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So not really a “new” set list; just the “without Patti” set list, but an encore added.  Hope he continues with the encore part.  No matter what the song... 

I LOVE Long Time Comin’, it’s one of my personal favorites.  But if it’s not anybody’s cup o’ tea... that’s just fine and dandy.  :D

• Like 2

Well, I must say he looks a lot more relaxed in that video than when we saw the show last October. Will be interested to hear from people who saw an early show and a more recent one.

37 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I LOVE Long Time Comin’, it’s one of my personal favorites.

Yes, but only Seeger Style. :P

26 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Well, I must say he looks a lot more relaxed in that video than when we saw the show last October. Will be interested to hear from people who saw an early show and a more recent one.

What video are you guys talking about? I don't see a video posted here in this fred? 

54 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I LOVE Long Time Comin’, it’s one of my personal favorites. 

Preach it sista.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

For me... Any style my friend!  Same with GOTJ. Different styles fit different moods. 

But if you feel differently, that’s why the good Lord invented the next button, the personal playlist, and (if it’s really a problem at a show) the bathroom break... :D

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

What video are you guys talking about? I don't see a video posted here in this fred? 

I have been told not to post links to Broadway material. There are now 3 videos. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Absolutely.

• Like 1

Judging by the reaction of folks to This Hard Land (they hadn’t a clue what they were hearing) Springsteen on Broadway has jumped the shark, somersaulted over the shark and jumped over it again on the way back down. Wise up with this shot Bruce and get back amongst your audience. Forget the high rollers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You know I have to jump in on the Seeger LTC love.  I love the changes made last night and though I'd prefer if Patti is there, tomorrow night baby, I'd be thrilled to hear LTC and This Hard Land.  

I am so fucking excited.  

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 2

9 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

Judging by the reaction of folks to This Hard Land (they hadn’t a clue what they were hearing) Springsteen on Broadway has jumped the shark, somersaulted over the shark and jumped over it again on the way back down. Wise up with this shot Bruce and get back amongst your audience. Forget the high rollers. 

Yeah, one of the best successes of his career, Broadway has really jumped the shark.  

Good grief. 

• Like 3

We’re the spoken parts of the show any different? Anyone know?

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Springsteen on Broadway encores and Football coming home.

If Carlsberg did Wednesdays!!!

Footballs home is in France or Croatia ??? :lol: