"Springsteen on Broadway" is coming to Netflix Dec 15

11 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

You can use it for free for much longer than a month as long as you use different login credentials and billing details. Netflix does not track IP address. Whether it is a principled thing to do is a different matter altogether.

Yes, it is quite easy to get away with it. Although that’s easier said than done for most people!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My main concern is people worrying or thinking that they can’t watch this. I had hoped since August last year when the first round of tickets went on sale and so many of us missed out that there would

49th & 7th I believe  

I'm still hoping betamax will make a comeback.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

My main concern is people worrying or thinking that they can’t watch this. I had hoped since August last year when the first round of tickets went on sale and so many of us missed out that there would eventually be a way we could all see it. Seeing the show myself just made me feel this way even more so. Finally we have confirmation that it’ll be available to all, and I want to make sure that no one is worried about accessing Netflix or not being able to see this. So if anyone is unsure, as I know technology isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, I will do all I can to help you. If anyone needs a guide on how to sign up to Netflix or cancel their subscription or anything about this at all I will be more than happy to email/message you! This show meant the world to me, and I just want everyone to finally be able to enjoy it and see the magic for themselves. 

This. You've expressed my thoughts better than I did!

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

My main concern is people worrying or thinking that they can’t watch this. I had hoped since August last year when the first round of tickets went on sale and so many of us missed out that there would eventually be a way we could all see it. Seeing the show myself just made me feel this way even more so. Finally we have confirmation that it’ll be available to all, and I want to make sure that no one is worried about accessing Netflix or not being able to see this. So if anyone is unsure, as I know technology isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, I will do all I can to help you. If anyone needs a guide on how to sign up to Netflix or cancel their subscription or anything about this at all I will be more than happy to email/message you! This show meant the world to me, and I just want everyone to finally be able to enjoy it and see the magic for themselves. 

i may well take you up on that offer

thank you and everyone else offering encouragment and help

i have no idea how i ever managed to sign up on here :D

it was by the will of God or something 

i once got completely locked out and i had to email our great Danish  leader for help getting back in

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

I’m more than happy to help you :)There’s no way you’re missing out Daisey!!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

I’m more than happy to help you :)There’s no way you’re missing out Daisey!!

thank you dear Rachelle 

• Love Love Love! 1
7 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Yes, it is quite easy to get away with it. Although that’s easier said than done for most people!

True. The other advantage with Netflix is that you can access from multiple devices. My brother uses my credentials to access. Anyway, after I sold my tickets which I had for Sept 4th as  a 24 hour trip with a 20 month old would have been extremely cruel to him as well as co-passengers I was gutted. While this will not stand up to what you experienced/ will experience in person, it's the next best thing.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

True. The other advantage with Netflix is that you can access from multiple devices. My brother uses my credentials to access. Anyway, after I sold my tickets which I had for Sept 4th as  a 24 hour trip with a 20 month old would have been extremely cruel to him as well as co-passengers I was gutted. While this will not stand up to what you experienced/ will experience in person, it's the next best thing.

Definitely! Plus you can watch it wherever you are, so would make journeys a little less boring. 

So sorry to hear you had to give up your tickets, I can imagine how horrible that must’ve been. But it does come down to priorities at the end of the day. This makes me feel even more glad that it’s being released for all, I can’t wait for you to see it. It was the most life changing, life affirming thing I’ve ever witnessed, and I don’t doubt it will still come across that way on screen. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

thank you and everyone else offering encouragment and help

i have no idea how i ever managed to sign up on here :D

it was by the will of God or something 

i once got completely locked out and i had to email our great Danish  leader for help getting back in

Daisey, as long as you have a decent amount of internet data with your phone plan, you will literally be able to warch this anywhere. Sign up to Netflix (with Rachel or others help if needed), download the Netflix app onto your phone, and you can watch this on your daily train commute. There and back. Everyday if you wish. No need to wait until you get home and /or the Bruce hating OH vacates the premises.:D

• Like 2

Agree with everything which has been said about this being on Netflix - it's easy to use and there will be no restrictions on how often I watch or where I watch. The other streaming services we use (for films) charge per film, which at between £3 and  £7 per film is fine, but, if I had to pay that every time I wanted to watch this, I would be seriously peeved!

Like others, I suspect a blu ray will come out in due course, but in the meantime, I am really happy.:D

• Like 4

Awesome stuff - looking forward to this.

For info; Mellencamp's Plain Spoken show premiered on Netflix on 1st Feb and was then released on DVD/BR on 11th May - apart from the timescale, can't imagine that BoS will be any different.

• Like 2

I have no doubt what so ever that the show will be released on dvd/br. My take on this is that Netflix is paying Springsteen for the right to use it as a "subscription-bait" for people like us. After a period of time there will be a dvd/br aimed for the broader market of people that are intererested but not obsessed enough to sign up to a streaming service to watch the show. Of course people like us will still buy the dvd/br after signing up to Netflix . This way Netflix pays for the production and Springsteen gets a dvd/br to sell. Maybe there will even be some bonus material on the dvd/br.B)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Perisic said:

A Springsteen Broadway show on Netflix. If you told him that 40 years ago he'd be like what the fuck you talking about. Very cool and really looking forward to this.

"It's just a new way of extending the ongoing conversation with my audience, in some fashion". Bruce Springsteen, 2018

"It's just another way of extracting more money from your pocket, in some fashion" Jon Landau, 2018

23 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

I have no doubt what so ever that the show will be released on dvd/br. My take on this is that Netflix is paying Springsteen for the right to use it as a "subscription-bait" for people like us. After a period of time there will be a dvd/br aimed for the broader market of people that are intererested but not obsessed enough to sign up to a streaming service to watch the show. Of course people like us will still buy the dvd/br after signing up to Netflix . This way Netflix pays for the production and Springsteen gets a dvd/br to sell. Maybe there will even be some bonus material on the dvd/br.B)

Yup... I said pretty much the exact same thing further back in this thread... :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheBuff said:

Awesome stuff - looking forward to this.

For info; Mellencamp's Plain Spoken show premiered on Netflix on 1st Feb and was then released on DVD/BR on 11th May - apart from the timescale, can't imagine that BoS will be any different.

I was excited about the Mellencamp release... It was not offered on the South African Netflix bouquet, sadly.

I am more confident that with the SOB release saying 'worldwide' that we will get it.

34 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

I was excited about the Mellencamp release... It was not offered on the South African Netflix bouquet, sadly.

I am more confident that with the SOB release saying 'worldwide' that we will get it.

So you've not seen Plain Spoken Steve?  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Mellencamp has got some wise things to say that's for sure.  

And he is hilarious.  

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

So you've not seen Plain Spoken Steve?  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Mellencamp has got some wise things to say that's for sure.  

And he is hilarious.  

I have not, sadly. You know how much I love Mellencamp and I would love to see this. It's crazy that this is pretty much the first and only live concert video he has officially released.

1 minute ago, Kay said:

It's a good mix of speaking and talking.  His voice does sound pretty shot on some of the songs but that's him and it kinda suits some of the songs.  

Maybe I need to invest in another Amazon order...

Thanks for the heads up @Kay

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kburke said:

Did anyone post this yet?  Made me laugh. 

81EF83DC-31DC-4CFC-8CA5-11EF173F7C02.jpeg

I saw this this morning, and thought “Yup!”  :D

(Although I did a pretty good job of weeping in my seat in the theatre lemme tell ya...) 

• Bruuuuce! 1
6 hours ago, TheBoss said:

After a period of time there will be a dvd/br aimed for the broader market of people that are intererested but not obsessed enough to sign up to a streaming service to watch the show. Of course people like us will still buy the dvd/br after signing up to Netflix . This way Netflix pays for the production and Springsteen gets a dvd/br to sell. Maybe there will even be some bonus material on the dvd/br.B)

I think the reverse is true- millions of people subscribe to Netflix already who wouldn't buy a DVD. They might check it out to see what Bruce is all about. As others have mentioned, you can get a month of Netflix free if you just wanted to watch the show. Even if you paid, a month of Netflix is cheaper than a DVD. 

I don't doubt they'll release a DVD eventually, though. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Yup... I said pretty much the exact same thing further back in this thread... :)

Oops! Didn't see that. Didn't mean to rephrase what you've already said.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, misty rain said:

I think the reverse is true- millions of people subscribe to Netflix already who wouldn't buy a DVD. They might check it out to see what Bruce is all about. As others have mentioned, you can get a month of Netflix free if you just wanted to watch the show. Even if you paid, a month of Netflix is cheaper than a DVD. 

I don't doubt they'll release a DVD eventually, though. 

The release of a dvd is the important part of my reasoning. I know about the free month of Netflix. I have had a couple of them myself. The idea behind a free month is that they want you to develop a habit to watch Netflix, start following series etc. Some of the people that sign up with the intention of having only a free month in order to watch SOB will get hooked and start paying.