Jump to content

"Springsteen on Broadway" is coming to Netflix Dec 15


Recommended Posts

They are showing it on Netflix, why does anyone care if they release it on a dead medium afterward? Once it streams on Netflix you will be able to see it anytime on Netflix, or put a capture on your hard drive, or burn it to a DVD or Blu-Ray to watch forever even if you cancel Netflix. They could release a DVD in 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years or 6 decades. Come Dec 15th we all have it at our fingertips already.

How many days after Dec 15 do you think it will be before a LarryRulz 1080p capture is being shared? 24 hours? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My main concern is people worrying or thinking that they can’t watch this. I had hoped since August last year when the first round of tickets went on sale and so many of us missed out that there would

49th & 7th I believe  

I'm still hoping betamax will make a comeback.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ThePhisherman said:

They are showing it on Netflix, why does anyone care if they release it on a dead medium afterward? Once it streams on Netflix you will be able to see it anytime on Netflix, or put a capture on your hard drive, or burn it to a DVD or Blu-Ray to watch forever even if you cancel Netflix.

Now you're getting way too techy.  I wouldn't have the first clue as to what you're talking 'bout.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kay said:

OK.  Expect a PM. 

once I have a copy I will be able to send you a link to watch it. Just click the link, if you can watch you tube then u can watch a video on my Google Drive. So if on 12/15 you really have not figured out a way to watch this thing go ahead and send that PM. I will upload the LarryRulz capture which I have no doubt there will be one to my private google drive (if it's under 15gb but if not I will figure that out for you too) so all you have to do is click my link and it will play. Don't share it, I am not going down for Netflix pirtacy but I can certainly claim fair use if I share it with you.

 

If you want a disc, ask a friendlier more organized Laker. I will agree to do it but by the time you get it Bruce will be in his late 70's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is a good point.

The world is changing, DVDs aren't the future or even the present, Netflix and online streaming is. 

Us 40+ something’s still like a physical disc, or we’d worry it’s not ours to keep. But I don’t do DVD’s anymore. The difference in picture quality compared to a blu ray disc is too noticeable now on my big tv screen. 

If SoB is available in 4K though on Netflix, I may do without the blu ray disc downgrade. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Us 40+ something’s still like a physical disc, or we’d worry it’s not ours to keep. But I don’t do DVD’s anymore. The difference in picture quality compared to a blu ray disc is too noticeable now on my big tv screen. 

If SoB is available in 4K though on Netflix, I may do without the blu ray disc downgrade. 

I turned 50 this year, that qualifies me as 40+ and I have been discless for several years.  Age is irrelevant. I have a disc burner in my PC and aside from that I have no disc players at all, no DVD player, no blu ray player, No CD player. Not in the house, not in the car. I have a 3TB cloud drive in my house that feeds any device I want. An Amazon stick on both TV's which can stream direct from the internet or right from my cloud drive.  I have a BluTooth MP3 player for the car (though before I got a blu tooth one I just used a cheap FM transmitter.) 

Discs are like smoking, you think you can't live without them until you quit and realize how bad they sucked! (and how much simpler music collecting, sorting and playing has become).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

I turned 50 this year, that qualifies me as 40+ and I have been discless for several years.  Age is irrelevant. I have a disc burner in my PC and aside from that I have no disc players at all, no DVD player, no blu ray player, No CD player. Not in the house, not in the car. I have a 3TB cloud drive in my house that feeds any device I want. An Amazon stick on both TV's which can stream direct from the internet or right from my cloud drive.  I have a BluTooth MP3 player for the car (though before I got a blu tooth one I just used a cheap FM transmitter.) 

Discs are like smoking, you think you can't live without them until you quit and realize how bad they sucked! (and how much simpler music collecting, sorting and playing has become).

I’m nearly there with audio and don’t bother with CDs that much now. I’ve got all the archives in HD and most of the 2016/17 River tour, again all in HD, saved on two external hard drives. One as back up. 

But for some reason I still prefer visual to be on a disc. Love blu ray discs. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm still hoping betamax will make a comeback.

I know this is just a joke but it makes a great point. VCR's were Analog. We have entered another realm of quality. We are digital now. CD's and DVD's have only survived this long because they are Digital. We have not really moved far past the technology. What we have done is created ways to hold larger amounts of digital data than the old discs would hold. So they still bring the same quality. In fact CD's are higher quality than many of the files we now use for music. But the amount of data each disc holds is ANCIENT and means those who stick with them require a ton more physical space to hold your ever shrinking data. They are bulky and space costs money, they are heavy. 

What if I could walk into a hoarders house and say, you don't have to throw anything away and I will put it all into a box that fits in the palm of your hand? A music hoarders dream is to be disc free. Like Mathew McCaughnahy (sp?) said "My music collection keeps getting bigger but the box I keep it in stays the same size" (Or he said something like that)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

I know this is just a joke but it makes a great point. VCR's were Analog. We have entered another realm of quality. We are digital now. CD's and DVD's have only survived this long because they are Digital. We have not really moved far past the technology. What we have done is created ways to hold larger amounts of digital data than the old discs would hold. So they still bring the same quality. In fact CD's are higher quality than many of the files we now use for music. But the amount of data each disc holds is ANCIENT and means those who stick with them require a ton more physical space to hold your ever shrinking data. They are bulky and space costs money, they are heavy. 

What if I could walk into a hoarders house and say, you don't have to throw anything away and I will put it all into a box that fits in the palm of your hand? A music hoarders dream is to be disc free. Like Mathew McCaughnahy (sp?) said "My music collection keeps getting bigger but the box I keep it in stays the same size" (Or he said something like that)

The main reason I started moving away from Cds is because I like my music in 24 bit. CDs can only fit 16 bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The main reason I started moving away from Cds is because I like my music in 24 bit. CDs can only fit 16 bit. 

I would hope your switch out of necessity has lead to appreciating how much better (for many reasons besides the quality jump) life is being disc free.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several MP3 players, some used to be phones. One of them is a tin 8gb MP3 player that does nothing else, it's tiny like the old shuffle, but has a display on it. It is about 1" x 2"  and as thick as maybe 6 credit cards. I love this thing. I have over 20 shows on it. it weighs nothing, 2 ounces maybe. on CD a show uses 3 discs (sometimes 4) Do people put them in costly binders or bulky jewel cases or back on the spindle? 20 shows is 60+ discs. I can't imagine still living like that. 

 

A player that has an SD slot can hold 300-400 shows. On disc that would take a lot of trips out to the car to bring your collection on a road trip. I remember the days of hiking 100 cassettes around in my car. Pulling over to pick something new cause the same tape has played 4 times already. Now I have my whole collection at my fingertips, click click at a light. Shuffle is a never ending radio station that only plays music from my personal collection and no commercials. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

I know this is just a joke but it makes a great point. VCR's were Analog. We have entered another realm of quality. We are digital now. CD's and DVD's have only survived this long because they are Digital. We have not really moved far past the technology. What we have done is created ways to hold larger amounts of digital data than the old discs would hold. So they still bring the same quality. In fact CD's are higher quality than many of the files we now use for music. But the amount of data each disc holds is ANCIENT and means those who stick with them require a ton more physical space to hold your ever shrinking data. They are bulky and space costs money, they are heavy. 

What if I could walk into a hoarders house and say, you don't have to throw anything away and I will put it all into a box that fits in the palm of your hand? A music hoarders dream is to be disc free. Like Mathew McCaughnahy (sp?) said "My music collection keeps getting bigger but the box I keep it in stays the same size" (Or he said something like that)

All good points, well said. But I'd miss the art work, the liner notes. I even miss the "crackle of a LP" on an old fashion record player :D

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, newcastle roy said:

All good points, well said. But I'd miss the art work, the liner notes. I even miss the "crackle of a LP" on an old fashion record player :D

I am long past missing my heavy scratchy records. The artwork is in the folder with the music. . I just want the music in my ears. The easiest, cheapest way possible. As much as I can afford without tripping over crates all over my house. Our grandchildren will put it all in the rental dumpster when we're dead anyway. I am over collecting forever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheBoss said:

I have no doubt what so ever that the show will be released on dvd/br. My take on this is that Netflix is paying Springsteen for the right to use it as a "subscription-bait" for people like us. After a period of time there will be a dvd/br aimed for the broader market of people that are intererested but not obsessed enough to sign up to a streaming service to watch the show. Of course people like us will still buy the dvd/br after signing up to Netflix . This way Netflix pays for the production and Springsteen gets a dvd/br to sell. Maybe there will even be some bonus material on the dvd/br.B)

 

better me no flamming Q&A like on the bonus material that came on the extra release of the peomise doco so i could see the carasoul show

most of the questions were idiotic and i would rather have had longer watching C - i did get a nice t- shirt :P in the box

....yes its going to be interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, misty rain said:

I think the reverse is true- millions of people subscribe to Netflix already who wouldn't buy a DVD. They might check it out to see what Bruce is all about. As others have mentioned, you can get a month of Netflix free if you just wanted to watch the show. Even if you paid, a month of Netflix is cheaper than a DVD. 

I don't doubt they'll release a DVD eventually, though. 

My thoughts too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePhisherman said:

I am long past missing my heavy scratchy records. The artwork is in the folder with the music. . I just want the music in my ears. The easiest, cheapest way possible. As much as I can afford without tripping over crates all over my house. Our grandchildren will put it all in the rental dumpster when we're dead anyway. I am over collecting forever. 

:lol: Fair enough mate, i did laugh at  "tripping over crates all over my house"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Us 40+ something’s still like a physical disc, or we’d worry it’s not ours to keep. But I don’t do DVD’s anymore. The difference in picture quality compared to a blu ray disc is too noticeable now on my big tv screen. 

If SoB is available in 4K though on Netflix, I may do without the blu ray disc downgrade. 

i stil need something to hold in my hands

blueray would be nice

sonce i brought my seemingly Netflix compatable blue ray player i actually dont think ive got around to buying any blue ray

i brought the player so i could watch u tube on the flat screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

I am long past missing my heavy scratchy records. The artwork is in the folder with the music. . I just want the music in my ears. The easiest, cheapest way possible. As much as I can afford without tripping over crates all over my house. Our grandchildren will put it all in the rental dumpster when we're dead anyway. I am over collecting forever. 

your dead right about collecting stuff

but im using all my stuff  so we'll be scratched and tired and worn out together 

i just dont trust any cloud to keep my stuff safe 

but cover art is still beautiful

over on the  amusement park forum is a thread that is one of the most beautiful on the internet

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/117782-album-cover-tag/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jmw said:

So can you record  Netflix to your set top  box thing?

 

Depends what your set top box thingy is and what is hooked up to it and how. If your set top box thingy is a DVR or a VCR or a DVD recorder and your Netflix compatible device can be plugged into the INPUTS of that device then most likely you could though some may find their equipment has DRM software in it's flashware which could give you a scrambled recording, most equipment will record it no problem. Especially if you are connected via RCA cables and not an HDMI.

 

With all that said, people using high powered desk top computers with anti DRM software will capture perfect stream captures which will not lose any quality like recording does. And that will be shared. Probably not on Jungleland because it is an official release but it will be shared on pirate sites and from friend to friend via email or snail mailing discs. My point is, other people will make a better copy than you will be able to and a copy of theirs will be super easy to come by. I promise. Do people actually record things for themselves anymore?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThePhisherman said:

Depends what your set top box thingy is and what is hooked up to it and how. If your set top box thingy is a DVR or a CVR or a DVD recorder and your Netflix compatible device can be plugged into the INPUTS of that device then most likely you could though some may find their equipment has DRM software in it's flashware which could give you a scrambled recording, most equipment will record it no problem. Especially if you are connected via RCA cables and not an HDMI.

 

With all that said, people using high powered desk top computers with anti DRM software will capture perfect stream captures which will not lose any quality like recording does. And that will be shared. Probably not on Jungleland because it is an official release but it will be shared on pirate sites and from friend to friend via email or snail mailing discs. My point is, other people will make a better copy than you will be able to and a copy of theirs will be super easy to come by. I promise. Do people actually record things for themselves anymore?

I will read this properly in the morning.:) I record things, films or programs I want to keep for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...