"Springsteen on Broadway" is coming to Netflix Dec 15

7 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Some of the people that sign up with the intention of having only a free month in order to watch SOB will get hooked and start paying.

Well, that's true, but it's also true of any show that Netflix puts out.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My main concern is people worrying or thinking that they can’t watch this. I had hoped since August last year when the first round of tickets went on sale and so many of us missed out that there would

49th & 7th I believe  

I'm still hoping betamax will make a comeback.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

I have several MP3 players, some used to be phones. One of them is a tin 8gb MP3 player that does nothing else, it's tiny like the old shuffle, but has a display on it. It is about 1" x 2"  and as thick as maybe 6 credit cards. I love this thing. I have over 20 shows on it. it weighs nothing, 2 ounces maybe. on CD a show uses 3 discs (sometimes 4) Do people put them in costly binders or bulky jewel cases or back on the spindle? 20 shows is 60+ discs. I can't imagine still living like that. 

A player that has an SD slot can hold 300-400 shows. On disc that would take a lot of trips out to the car to bring your collection on a road trip. I remember the days of hiking 100 cassettes around in my car. Pulling over to pick something new cause the same tape has played 4 times already. Now I have my whole collection at my fingertips, click click at a light. Shuffle is a never ending radio station that only plays music from my personal collection and no commercials. 

My Fiio X1 portable High Resolution HD audio player was life changing. I’ve got two micro SD cards packed with 256 GB of Bruce HD official downloads. Even in my car, the quality upgrade from my CD’s is phenomenal, and as you say, it’s feels almost unbelievable to have my whole collection available to choose from on any given journey. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jmw said:

So can you record  Netflix to your set top  box thing?

Not in the same way as you record something off BBC to watch later Jen. I think this would be more complicated than that. You don't need to record it though, as it is available 24/7, to watch whenever you feel like it, as long as you have Netflix.

As someone above said, you might find there are other programmes and films you would like to see and end up keeping Netflix anyway. It's cheaper than a trip to the cinema...

• Like 1

The show is on Netflix 15 December.

Then a DVD/Blu Ray release comes out X months afterwards. And it contains additional bonus content. Maybe rehearsal footage, a behind the scenes documentary, whatever. Landau purposefully does this to entice us to buy the physical medium to keep and enjoy at home. What then? Just decide you're happy with having seen the show on Netflix and not worry about the additional stuff you don't have? Or find a way to download it illegally?

Me, I want the damn Blu Ray and I don't care how old fashioned some people here might think it is, or how 'dead' the medium is. If it's released and I have the choice to buy it, I will do so, thank you very much. It's my choice.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3
4 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Not in the same way as you record something off BBC to watch later Jen. I think this would be more complicated than that. You don't need to record it though, as it is available 24/7, to watch whenever you feel like it, as long as you have Netflix.

As someone above said, you might find there are other programmes and films you would like to see and end up keeping Netflix anyway. It's cheaper than a trip to the cinema...

Thanks Ann, I only do simple.:) How much is Netflix?

22 hours ago, Kay said:

It's a good mix of speaking and talking.  His voice does sound pretty shot on some of the songs but that's him and it kinda suits some of the songs.  

This is a bit OT ... but im a huge JCM fan as well (I grew up in Indiana!). While i enjoyed Plain Spoken, I thought the format was hard to watch.   I kept finding myself wanting to mentally sign along with the songs on the concert but then i would miss what he was saying.  Did the DVD have just a plain concert feed as well?  That would be good to be able to watch just that and then again with his narration.

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

About £10 a month I think, but you definitely get a 30 day free trial. I would certainly recommend you watch The Crown whilst you have it.

My Brother-in-law was watching it one time I stayed with them.

30 minutes ago, Bear Down Boss said:

This is a bit OT ... but im a huge JCM fan as well (I grew up in Indiana!). While i enjoyed Plain Spoken, I thought the format was hard to watch.   I kept finding myself wanting to mentally sign along with the songs on the concert but then i would miss what he was saying.  Did the DVD have just a plain concert feed as well?  That would be good to be able to watch just that and then again with his narration.

I really thought that JCM concert was boring. Wish there was a way to only hear the show.

6 hours ago, Bear Down Boss said:

What does OT mean?  Didn't watch the DVD so can't answer that but now that you mention it, I can see how some would find it hard to follow the speaking when they want to mentally sing along.  The switch between song and speak are often.  But I really enjoyed it.  He had some insightful things to say.  

1 hour ago, Kay said:

What does OT mean?  Didn't watch the DVD so can't answer that but now that you mention it, I can see how some would find it hard to follow the speaking when they want to mentally sing along.  The switch between song and speak are often.  But I really enjoyed it.  He had some insightful things to say.  

Ha ha ... OT = Off topic.  Some message board moderators get cranky when you go too far off the topic of the thread (because you should start another thread).  Greasy Lake is a pretty laid back board in that aspect (which i like!)

Yeah, i would love to just see a full version of that concert.  He’s still great.  I saw him probably 10 times (at least) in the 80s and 90s and he always put on a great show.  The last time i saw him was 96sh in theatre outside of Chicago (Rosemont Theatre) that is smalller (4400 seats).  I think Bruce played there on the Joad tour but i missed it.

10 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

About £10 a month I think, but you definitely get a 30 day free trial. I would certainly recommend you watch The Crown whilst you have it.

That's exactly what I did when I wanted to watch The Crown.  I haven't paid for a sub yet though. 
I'll probably sign on again when the next series of The Crown comes out, and watch Bruce then.  Depending on how long they keep him for, of course  :D

On 7/21/2018 at 10:09 AM, ThePhisherman said:

I turned 50 this year, that qualifies me as 40+ and I have been discless for several years.  Age is irrelevant. I have a disc burner in my PC and aside from that I have no disc players at all, no DVD player, no blu ray player, No CD player. Not in the house, not in the car. I have a 3TB cloud drive in my house that feeds any device I want. An Amazon stick on both TV's which can stream direct from the internet or right from my cloud drive.  I have a BluTooth MP3 player for the car (though before I got a blu tooth one I just used a cheap FM transmitter.) 

Discs are like smoking, you think you can't live without them until you quit and realize how bad they sucked! (and how much simpler music collecting, sorting and playing has become).

wow :lol:

you dont look your age at all 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jmw said:

My Brother-in-law was watching it one time I stayed with them.

Jen, ask your brother in law if he will allow you to piggyback on his account, you can do that up to 4 different people. That way you won't need to buy anything.

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Jen, ask your brother in law if he will allow you to piggyback on his account, you can do that up to 4 different people. That way you won't need to buy anything.

Ok, I will ask big sister, when they return from Wales.

How does this work?

On 7/21/2018 at 3:41 PM, Bear Down Boss said:

Ha ha ... OT = Off topic.  Some message board moderators get cranky when you go too far off the topic of the thread (because you should start another thread).  Greasy Lake is a pretty laid back board in that aspect (which i like!)

Yeah, i would love to just see a full version of that concert.  He’s still great.  I saw him probably 10 times (at least) in the 80s and 90s and he always put on a great show.  The last time i saw him was 96sh in theatre outside of Chicago (Rosemont Theatre) that is smalller (4400 seats).  I think Bruce played there on the Joad tour but i missed it.

Every damn thread goes off topic, but most eventually wander back home

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i have a question now too

is there just the one monthly fee ?

and you get everything ?

That's how the one here in Australia works, and I assume worldwide

The monthly fee depends on what picture quality you want and how many devices you want to allow streaming on simultaneously at any one time.

For example, do you want High Def of just Standard Definition picture.

Also, note that the 'number of devices' refers to how many different users are likely to be using the service at any one time, not how many different products you yourself are likely to watch Netflix on. For example, we have two devices enabled so that us parents can watch Netflix on one TV at the same time as the kids are watching on another TV. For yourself, I assume one device at a time will be sufficient (unless you and the OH are likely to want to watch different things on Netflix at the same time).

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

That's how the one here in Australia works, and I assume worldwide

The monthly fee depends on what picture quality you want and how many devices you want to allow streaming on simultaneously at any one time.

For example, do you want High Def of just Standard Definition picture.

Also, note that the 'number of devices' refers to how many different users are likely to be using the service at any one time, not how many different products you yourself are likely to watch Netflix on. For example, we have two devices enabled so that us parents can watch Netflix on one TV at the same time as the kids are watching on another TV. For yourself, I assume one device at a time will be sufficient (unless you and the OH are likely to want to watch different things on Netflix at the same time).

we always watch diffetent stuff at the same time ! :lol:

On 7/21/2018 at 9:03 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

your dead right about collecting stuff

but im using all my stuff  so we'll be scratched and tired and worn out together 

i just dont trust any cloud to keep my stuff safe 

but cover art is still beautiful

over on the  amusement park forum is a thread that is one of the most beautiful on the internet

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/117782-album-cover-tag/

I'm with you Daisey but for slightly different reasons.

I like the physical act of putting a cd in the tray, or vinyl on the player. I don't particularly like this whole pick or program a playlist etc...

I do use non-physical for gatherings or entertaining at home from my computer audio player and just pick a few albums and either play them through or shuffle. Sometimes go and pick another when they are done. 

But if I'm home without guests I prefer the old school, though given much of my collection is CD that is not so old school really. But I have and will continue to buy some vinyl. It's also nice to be able to show my daughter what Bruce means when he sings "drop the needle and pray" - (she does love that song).

Slightly more on topic: I don't have and don't want to do Netflix or any other streaming service. Firstly the geoblocking/geo-limiting is annoying from down under. I know I could go the VPN but really its all just corporate greed and I refuse. (note - I have no cable TV and haven't paid for cable in 20 years - gave up the bong and gave up the need :) )

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1