doesthisbusstop

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

predictions

top 4 Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U

relegated Wolves, Watford and  Fulham

(toon to stay up thanks to a 95th min own goal by Mitrovic of Fulham which sends Fulham down instead - all part of Rafas master plan)

I don"t know about anybody else but I'll be up early on Sunday and settled in for the 0830 start of Southampton-Burnley.  

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

I don"t know about anybody else but I'll be up early on Sunday and settled in for the 0830 start of Southampton-Burnley.  

a wiser man would be up at time to see Liverpool v west Ham.

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

a wiser man would be up at time to see Liverpool v west Ham.

There was a wee bit of sarcasm there ;)

2 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Hard red card on Jagielka in that Wolverton match.  

No kidding. They’re trying to explain why it WAS a red card right now, but I’m not necessarily convinced. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Jeff said:

No kidding. They’re trying to explain why it WAS a red card right now, but I’m not necessarily convinced. 

I'm thinking it was the cleats up that settled it for endangering a player; not totally buying the goal scoring opportunity myself.  I wouldn't have any trouble with a yellow but sending a man off and giving them a PK on that?  

Harsh.

• Like 1

Think the red was correct decision 

Richarlison will do well at Everton I think. Looks a bit of a diva but he’s just got something about him. Great debut and a good game.

Hopefully Everton can nick it.

Well that was a fun game. 

At the press conference will Silvia declare his team is better with ten men than Wolverton?

Wolverton??

I think autocorrect may have edited Wolverhampton.

5 hours ago, Pastor Jeff said:

At first I thought it was a yellow, but after the slow motion replay its a red for sure.

Well done that ref

9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

At first I thought it was a yellow, but after the slow motion replay its a red for sure.

Well done that ref

I think the powers that be finally settled on the red card was justified on endangering a player as opposed to the initial explanation of interfering with a scoring opportunity.  

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Well done that ref

Roy, you probably know better than I, so I'll bow to your superior football knowledge.

I guess I could see the "endangering a player" issue, but it surely seems a thin, thin line on this fine day.  That's why those refs get paid the big bucks... or quid...

Interesting new development by Sky TV for the new ENGLISH league season, they now show the flag of the nation a player comes from when displaying the team selections at the start of the games, for NUFC v Spurs there were a grand total of 5 ENGLISH flags out of the starting 22, just wondering how far into the season it will be before we get a game where the ENGLISH flag number will reach double figures out if the 22 total ?

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Interesting new development by Sky TV for the new ENGLISH league season, they now show the flag of the nation a player comes from when displaying the team selections at the start of the games, for NUFC v Spurs there were a grand total of 5 ENGLISH flags out of the starting 22, just wondering how far into the season it will be before we get a game where the ENGLISH flag number will reach double figures out if the 22 total ?

I doubt it wont be long as all the best players in the world want to play in the best league. Spain's goalkeepers for example their number one and number two both play in the Premier League. 

The English players on show didn't do too bad at the World Cup btw, in case you forgot England were World Cup Semi Finalists. 

10 hours ago, Pastor Jeff said:

Roy, you probably know better than I, so I'll bow to your superior football knowledge.

I guess I could see the "endangering a player" issue, but it surely seems a thin, thin line on this fine day.  That's why those refs get paid the big bucks... or quid...

I don't think i have "superior football knowledge"  far from it.:D

As I said earlier i thought it was a yellow card, but match of the day replays showed it up as a red, the tackle was out of control but didn't look as bad at first because it was so low.

• Like 1

Waiting to see if West Ham is going to introduce their starting team by driving a small, colorfully painted car out to midfield and have them pop out one by one.

• Haha 1

Impressive starts by Liverpool Man City and Chelsea

canny starts from Man Utd and Spurs. Early days of course but i think Arsenal will be the first out of the so called "big six" to fade away. 

Man city still the team to beat for most people.

2 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Impressive starts by Liverpool Man City and Chelsea

canny starts from Man Utd and Spurs. Early days of course but i think Arsenal will be the first out of the so called "big six" to fade away. 

Man city still the team to beat for most people.

Arsenal got a tough draw out of the starting gate.  You can easily see them 6 points off the pace after two weeks.  

Just now, Patched Tube said:

Arsenal got a tough draw out of the starting gate.  You can easily see them 6 points off the pace after two weeks.  

Aye fair enough but i just  think Arsenal with their new manager will find it tough going.

I predict Arsenal fans will be shouting Emery Out  by christmas

15 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Aye fair enough but i just  think Arsenal with their new manager will find it tough going.

I predict Arsenal fans will be shouting Emery Out  by christmas

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you: they have a challenge with a new manager and they get City then Chelsea to open the campaign.  That is the kind of thing that can get a season off to a bad start that they never recover from.

Just imagine if they lose the first two and then draw with West Ham.  

• Like 1