Greasy Lake Community

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

doesthisbusstop

10 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

The Championship, without doubt TGLIE* (The Greatest League In englandshire), just so competetive.

You're correct it's very competitive, it just shows the desire, determination and hunger clubs in England's second tier league have to get into the best league in the world.

It wouldn't surprise me to here that England's second division had higher TV viewers worldwide than La Liga/ Seria  A etc  

• Haha 1

My youngest son has got his ticket for Wembley to watch Derby in the play off final,he was only 11 when they had the one season in the Prem but insisted on a season ticket which meant he couldn't go on his own so his Mum had to get a ticket too & if she couldn't go I took him & had a great time watching them get stuffed every week.

I haven't heard from my eldest son but would be surprised if he didn't get a ticket from somewhere.

It would be worrying if they went up because Frank might just have the nouse to keep them there,though he probably won't be allowed to have anybody from Chelsea & also depends if Klopp will flog him Wilson.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:49 PM, High As Hope said:

My youngest son has got his ticket for Wembley to watch Derby in the play off final,he was only 11 when they had the one season in the Prem but insisted on a season ticket which meant he couldn't go on his own so his Mum had to get a ticket too & if she couldn't go I took him & had a great time watching them get stuffed every week.

I haven't heard from my eldest son but would be surprised if he didn't get a ticket from somewhere.

It would be worrying if they went up because Frank might just have the nouse to keep them there,though he probably won't be allowed to have anybody from Chelsea & also depends if Klopp will flog him Wilson.

Derby's taken our skipper Graeme Shinnie.

He's an absolute talisman for us. He's had an unusual lineage, he was a top, top left back as a youngster but, after he came to us, he was converted to a full time central midfielder.

He's an inspirational player, his energy, drive and work rate are second to none.

But I have my doubts if he's physically big enough to cut it in the second division and I don't think he's skilful enough for the first.

I really wish him well though, if he could play this weekend Derby could use him as he has a stelar history of putting John McGinn in his back pocket.

Ironic he's signing for the Rams from the sheep........ :D

20 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Usually some half decent games this weekend, I wonder if yer man Dean will be giving it some at the Newport v Tranmere game?

I've got no grievance against Tranmere but it would be kind of funny if Tranmere conceded a dodgy late penalty and the cameraman  zooms in on Mike Dean in the crowd as the ref sends off a Tranmere player and his heard saying “Off you pop” to the unlucky player 

• Haha 1

playoff for promotion to TGLITW today,

Villa field loanees from Chelsea, Man U and Bournemouth

Derby counter with  2 Chelsea loanees and a Liverpool loanee and 80 year old Ashley Cole

lots of other Chelsea connections Derby managed by Frank Lampard, Villa coached by John Terry

10 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Anywhere to watch this match here in the States?

ESPN+ I think... so if I'm going to see it I'll have to go to my local tavern.  I'm debating on getting my arse up and going but I find myself curiously uncaring about which team goes up.  I don't particularly like either team but I don't particularly dislike them either.  When I can't even muster spite as a motivation....

An interesting look at the differences in press relations in the US and the UK.  I was dimly aware of some of this but as an American, this is truly mind boggling.   

https://www.theringer.com/sports/2019/5/29/18643311/uk-sportswriting-embargo-access-champions-league-independent

• 2 weeks later...
  • judyg unpinned this topic