doesthisbusstop

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

6 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

That's an embarrassing loss for Man United.

Not really, every top 6 team will have a match like that. That why it called TGLITW, right @newcastle roy

The difference is it usually happens latter into the season, when clubs are jogging other competitions.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Not really, every top 6 team will have a match like that. That why it called TGLITW, right @newcastle roy

The difference is it usually happens latter into the season, when clubs are jogging other competitions.   

Yeah it"s early,  world cup, yadda yadda, but...

On paper MU should have won walking away and they got beat like dogs; the score doesn't reflect what happened on the field.  GIven the situation with the manager's relationship with the front office and the locker room that was a disquieting loss.  Sure we could look back and say this didn't mean anything but equally we could look back and see it as the handwriting on the wall.  Next week they go up against the spurs and they need to get the taste of this week out of their mouths. 

All eyes on you Mourinho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

There are competitions for JOGGING??? :D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

On paper MU should have won walking away and they got beat like dogs; the score doesn't reflect what happened on the field.  GIven the situation with the manager's relationship with the front office and the locker room that was a disquieting loss.  Sure we could look back and say this didn't mean anything but equally we could look back and see it as the handwriting on the wall.  Next week they go up against the spurs and they need to get the taste of this week out of their mouths. 

Dropping the occasional 3 points is not really the issue. That happens. It was about that complete lack of display though yesterday.

That said, they won’t be that poor too often you’d think.

17 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Dropping the occasional 3 points is not really the issue. That happens. It was about that complete lack of display though yesterday.

I hope they are at least that bad next week ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Exactly my point.  They looked passive even timid.  It's not so much they got beat it's the way they got beat.

You'd think they will right the ship and with the talent they have there is no reason they shouldn't. In theory anyways. 

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

They looked passive even timid.  It's not so much they got beat it's the way they got beat.

But can't that be said about any of the top 6 that gets beat by any lower half table club? "they looked terrible" not the other club played great. 

Even in the NFL, If the Colts beat the Pats, it's not that the Colts played a great game, it the Pats played terrible. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

But can't that be said about any of the top 6 that gets beat by any lower half table club? "they looked terrible" not the other club played great. 

Even in the NFL, If the Colts beat the Pats, it's not that the Colts played a great game, it the Pats played terrible. 

No I wouldn't say that.  Especially in soccer the ball sometimes takes funny bounces and you can get beat on a cheap goal.  How many times have you heard "could easily have won that with a bit of luck" or something similar. 

It's one thing when shots aren't dropping and very much another when you get bullied by a less talented side.  

10 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

The physios better watch their steps for a while. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

So who do Manchester City beat by 6 or 7 goals this week then ?

That would be Wolves, but only by 2 in my books! 

20 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

No 1-1 tie. TGLITW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

homer-simpson-doh.png

• Like 1

bunch of sendings off at Bournemouth and then Michael Keane stretchered off with a neck brace on - several players who will have a month or more off now including Richarlison Evertons big money signing.

13 minutes of Fergie Time at the end

couple of sendings off elsewhere including apparently a Headbutt at Huddersfield....

West Ham let me down today I'm afraid.  A  deflection off one of their defenders for a goal isn't living down to their usual standards.

17 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

homer-simpson-doh.png

Roy, there was no other games on at that time yesterday so oddly I did watch this match on Sky and surprisingly was mildly entertained.

However it was clear to see that Manchester City were far more pre-occupied with their, FAR MORE IMPORTANT, upcoming Champions League games and their performance reflected this, also I may have to reduce their projected seasons points total from 100 to only the 98.

Also, being on Sky the viewer is this season able to see which country the players participating come from and it was astonishing that for a game in the ENGLISH premier league off the 27 players involved in this ENGLISH game there were only 4 ENGLISH players in total.

39 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Also, being on Sky the viewer is this season able to see which country the players participating come from and it was astonishing that for a game in the ENGLISH premier league off the 27 players involved in this ENGLISH game there were only 4 ENGLISH players in total.

It makes England being World Cup semi Finalists an even more remarkable achievement.

I see La Liga had 3 wonderful games yesterday a 0-0 and two 1-0s including Barcelona beating some team that sounds like piles

Keep on watching the best league in the world ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

It makes England being World Cup semi Finalists an even more remarkable achievement.

I see La Liga had 3 wonderful games yesterday a 0-0 and two 1-0s including Barcelona beating some team that sounds like piles

Keep on watching the best league in the world ;)

Just for the record, I have seen some 0-0s and 1-0s that were up there with the best matches I have ever seen. But definately not last nights matches. :-) And a disgrace for Spanish football to have a league match played on a pitch like the one at Valladolid. That would never, NEVER, happen in the PL.

• Like 1

Watford and Crystal Palace this morning. Can't say this is the match I've been waiting for but I've got a $20 bet the Harry the Hornet gets a yellow for unsportsmanlike behavior.

should have been a sending off in the first couple of minutes that tackle on zaha was horrible

18 minutes ago, AMIW said:

should have been a sending off in the first couple of minutes that tackle on zaha was horrible

Commentator: "there was some football in the first 11 minutes but it was incidental."

Nasty game and the ref is making it worse with missed calls and bad calls.

• Haha 1

Wonderful goal by Pereyra.  Just a wonderful goal from start to finish.

Today's hot take: "City tumbles to third on the league tables: time to panic?"