Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Bootleg Artwork Thread


Recommended Posts

On 8/1/2018 at 9:22 PM, Tim1218 said:

Thanks to @lilbud, I've updated the previous ones i added to change the font style.  I've also create some additional covers.  The shows are as follows:

7/31/1973 - My Father's Place Roslyn, NY
3/3/1974 - Gaston Hall, Washington DC (Best picture quality I could find of the show)
8/13/1975 - Bottom Line, New York City
8/15/1975 - Bottom Line, New York City
10/2/1975 - Uptown Theater, Milwaukee
11/24/1975 - Hammersmith Odeon, London
4/29/1976 - Ellis Auditorium, Memphis
11/4/1976 - Palladium, New York City

1973 My Fathers Place.jpg

Gaston Hall 1974.JPG

Bottom Line 8:13:1975.JPG

Bottom Line 8:15:1975.JPG

Uptown Theater 1975.jpg

Hammersmith Odeon 1975.jpg

Ellis Auditorium 1976.png

Palladium 1976.JPG

Hi lilbud, any chance you have done any of the 1978 boots in this style?  I love the B&W and would definitely use them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 6:33 AM, lilbud said:

Some ones I've done over the last few months. (Small preview cuz there is a lot of them)

50843940876_2d09ec35fe_o_d.png50844001012_4ba6515cb7_o_d.png50843916991_a4123df1b5_o_d.png50843999697_25fc29c4a6_o_d.png50843915576_a316fbcc26_o_d.png50843186473_baff46c070_o_d.png50843184438_d9e3cd152c_o_d.png50843184098_172792f439_o_d.png50843995152_0b110e364a_o_d.png50843183488_91179fa618_o_d.png

This stuff is great, you got any more audio projects going, love the ones you’ve already kindly shared xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, This is The Way said:

This stuff is great, you got any more audio projects going, love the ones you’ve already kindly shared xx

Not at the moment, school's actually starting soon for me, so I won't have the free time necessary for a little bit

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

People can feel free to offer alternatives - no commentary is needed - choose the artwork you like, feel free to move along if you don't like it or think it is unnecessary

And yes, comments have been deleted

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lilbud said:

Whipped up some artwork for @JimCT's LA 1984 "box set" double release from yesterday.

frontcover_copy.png

backcover_copy.png

Here's the full res versions (the above are downscaled PNG files, CMYK JPG files look weird when uploaded and embedded): https://mega.nz/folder/YthEHIKI#iqLloGJM4EX4oyYp68_g4A

 

I don't frequent this thread usually, but I have become aware of this cover art that uses my name and refers to a release that I had a great deal of responsibility for. So I want to point out that the download link for each show in the Bootleg Collector's thread contains a full set of art - front, back, booklet, even each CD. That artwork was created with respect and appreciation by hrubesh with resources including the pictures of the actual master tapes used for the recording, and is fully approved by me. Everyone is certainly free to create their own artwork for their private collection if they prefer. But promoting your own artwork while using my name, and others who labored so hard to make this release possible and have not, to the best of my knowledge, consented to their inclusion in this artwork, is lame.

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I don't frequent this thread usually, but I have become aware of this cover art that uses my name and refers to a release that I had a great deal of responsibility for. So I want to point out that the download link for each show in the Bootleg Collector's thread contains a full set of art - front, back, booklet, even each CD. That artwork was created with respect and appreciation by hrubesh with resources including the pictures of the actual master tapes used for the recording, and is fully approved by me. Everyone is certainly free to create their own artwork for their private collection if they prefer. But promoting your own artwork while using my name, and others who labored so hard to make this release possible and have not, to the best of my knowledge, consented to their inclusion in this artwork, is lame.

Okay, that's fine. I didn't set out to disrespect you, hrubesh, hobbes, or anyone else involved with the release of your tapes. Making covers is just what I do in my spare time and I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. 

I'll remove the three of your names from the back. And I'll upload new covers. 

I apologize again for any hard feelings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Okay, that's fine. I didn't set out to disrespect you, hrubesh, hobbes, or anyone else involved with the release of your tapes. Making covers is just what I do in my spare time and I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. 

I'll remove the three of your names from the back. And I'll upload new covers. 

I apologize again for any hard feelings

So you are removing the name's of those who created this project? Jim the taper, Hobbes who transferred and hrubesh the remasterer so you can do artwork?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

So you are removing the name's of those who created this project? Jim the taper, Hobbes who transferred and hrubesh the remasterer so you can do artwork?

well apparently using their names to "promote my own artwork" is lame (as per Jim's post above).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...