Sign in to follow this  
JimCT

Champions League/Europa League 2018-2019

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A Manchester derby final it is then! 

Most people will have Manchester City as heavy favourites to beat Tottenham in the Champions League quarter-finals.

However, something to bear in mind.

If the Premier League matches over the last 10 seasons had been played over two legs, City would have won five and Tottenham four.

City have won the last three games between the pair - but Tottenham did not lose any of the previous four.

Just now, LeoGetz said:

It's a shame they can't hang on to their young players anymore.

Yes, i agree. The big clubs just have to much money. 

36 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

United v Porto semi would be good :D

Who doesn't love an underdog coming far?! It would be Porto's first final in 15 years. ;-)

5 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Who doesn't love an underdog coming far?! It would be Porto's first final in 15 years. ;-)

I’m sure United are huge underdogs to reach that semi final. 

55 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’m sure United are huge underdogs to reach that semi final. 

What do you think will be Ole's approach? Sit back and hit them on the counter or have a go at them?

18 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

What do you think will be Ole's approach? Sit back and hit them on the counter or have a go at them?

I think he will know we have to win the game at Old Trafford and that Barca will score. He will use the crowd, attack them and go all out to win the game on the night. Even 3-2 gives us something to defend at the Nou Camp. 

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Most people will have Manchester City as heavy favourites to beat Tottenham in the Champions League quarter-finals.

However, something to bear in mind.

If the Premier League matches over the last 10 seasons had been played over two legs, City would have won five and Tottenham four.

City have won the last three games between the pair - but Tottenham did not lose any of the previous four.

Over two games Spurs are underdogs, but they have a non-zero chance of winning. I was going to guess 1-in-3, but your stats suggest 4-of-9.

55.5%-44.4%  - let's play! 

UEFA will be expecting a Barca v Juve final. Just 17000 tickets for each finalist will be carnage if an English club makes it to Madrid. 

and hoping for an all English final in the Europa league in lovely Baku :o

If united can’t win it then I hope Juve do. They have been unlucky losing 7 finals I think it is. Ronaldo will bring them better luck. 

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

UEFA will be expecting a Barca v Juve final. Just 17000 tickets for each finalist will be carnage if an English club makes it to Madrid. 

Edit. A Juve v LFC final would be UEFA’s biggest nightmare, created by themselves by giving just 17000 tickets to each team. Given the tragic history of that fixture let’s hope it’s not the final.