Junglelander

Anyone care to listen?

So I've been writing more and more. I came up with the phrase American Romeo out of nowhere and thought I'd see what I could come up with. I haven't officially recorded it yet but figured I'd share what I had do far. I think its safe to say there is a definite Bruce influence on this one. There will eventually be some type of solo or instrumental. Here is my official video debut of American Romeo taken from the foot of my bed. Enjoy!

• Like 5

Enjoyed that. Cool song.

Your voice reminds me of Joe D'urso.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:34 PM, Junglelander said:

So I've been writing more and more. I came up with the phrase American Romeo out of nowhere and thought I'd see what I could come up with. I haven't officially recorded it yet but figured I'd share what I had do far. I think its safe to say there is a definite Bruce influence on this one. There will eventually be some type of solo or instrumental. Here is my official video debut of American Romeo taken from the foot of my bed. Enjoy!

Great job!

On 8/23/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

Enjoyed that. Cool song.

Your voice reminds me of Joe D'urso.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, Junglelander said:

Is that a compliment?

On 8/23/2018 at 8:48 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

I dunno. I like him.

I like him too.

I like your stuff, but that last one is leaning very hard on Devils & Dust isn't it? 

It’s a combination of devils and dust with some blood brothers. That was my tip of the hat song to Bruce. It’s also the very first one I wrote and recorded

I tried finding that balance where it’s original but at the same time, you can tell the influence is there. It’s my least favorite track out of everything I have written

Did you post that one some time ago? I'm wondering if I heard it once before.

Pretty good memory you have there. It was earlier this year after the cover contest. We all started sharing our own music 

Oddly enough, it’s a lot of people’s favorite.  I can’t stand playing it because with all of my songs minus Romeo, they are written on first hand accounts. I wrote Scarecrows at a point where my love life was falling apart and it was my own fault. Now that my life has sort of straightened itself out, having to sing those lyrics takes me back to a place that I don’t like being in. It was painful to write and a huge pain in the ass to record. And it’s still not done. There is well over 50 hours of work into that song production wise. If we tweaked one thing, something else wasn’t audible or didn’t work anymore. I’m sure I’ll get around to finishing it someday but for now, I tend to stay away from it

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 4:23 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

Music sticks in my head.

I have since redone the drums for Romeo and decided to officially release it via iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, and a bunch of other streaming services. It will be available October 19th.

07FCCB1F-C590-4256-8F32-09DAE6F660B1.jpeg

Nice.

I don't know what your first two albums should be titled, I think your third album should be called Shane Thurston Howls The Third.

• Haha 2