Pregnant Sally

Sting - we gotta talk

1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

Absolutely no problem with them at all... Used to have a Best of or Greatest Hits on a cassette I played to death...

Can I ask a question though? What is happening to all these rock stars guitars that they constantly need new strings?

They never had lessons so they don't know how to play properly. I'm so good I only need to change my strings once a year. Amateurs. 

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

Absolutely no problem with them at all... Used to have a Best of or Greatest Hits on a cassette I played to death...

Can I ask a question though? What is happening to all these rock stars guitars that they constantly need new strings?

Haha no worries man, I have no opinion on Hall & Oates one way or the other. I just wanted to riff on that guy who hated Sting and his guitar-string-changing abilities!

Riff - see what I did there? 

• Haha 1

I have never seen Hall & Oates in concert--never wanted to until recently, when I realized I really enjoy their music whenever I hear it. I rarely choose to play them (I have the Greatest Hits, too), but I'd like to see them before I die.

There was just talk of them on the radio here the other day, didn't make out the context but not sure if I heard something about some shows or a tour.  

I could go for that.  Yes can do.  

Been watching some YouTube today and randomly came across this.  Then I had to trawl through the Sirkutt to find this thread :) Is this fantastic or what?

And I don't mean to be rude, but does anyone know why Gregory wears that net around his face? I've often wondered ...

While we're about it, this is fantastic too.  I don't know much about Rufus but my! what a voice! I need to investigate further.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Been watching some YouTube today and randomly came across this.  Then I had to trawl through the Sirkutt to find this thread :) Is this fantastic or what?

And I don't mean to be rude, but does anyone know why Gregory wears that net around his face? I've often wondered ...

From wiki:

"For public appearances, Porter always wears a hat reminiscent of an English hunt capincorporating fabric that covers his ears and chin, like a Balaclava.[24] In an interview with Jazzweekly.com by George W. Harris on November 3, 2012, when asked "What's with the weird and wonderful hat?" Porter replied: "I've had some surgery on my skin, so this has been my look for a little while and will continue to be for a while longer. People recognize me by it now. It is what it is.""

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 3:08 PM, Skin2Skin said:

I have never seen Hall & Oates in concert--never wanted to until recently, when I realized I really enjoy their music whenever I hear it. I rarely choose to play them (I have the Greatest Hits, too), but I'd like to see them before I die.

Yeah, me too! 

Would like to see them live some time :) 

I'm enjoying that best of H&O a lot as well.

1918511165_Schermafbeelding2018-09-30om09_47_12.thumb.png.efc034ac08836d5e546f86433291fbdf.png

• Like 1

Never really paid this thread much attention as I'm not a Sting fan; I don't mind some of his stuff but I've never been inspired to delve any deeper than the obvious hits. Anyway, I head Bruce's version of 'I Hung My Head' last night and was blown away. Great song, even better delivery. Anyone aware if it was ever officially released? At the moment I'm having to make do with an MP3 ripped from youtube.

On 9/30/2018 at 8:48 AM, Wout said:

1918511165_Schermafbeelding2018-09-30om09_47_12.thumb.png.efc034ac08836d5e546f86433291fbdf.png

Totally O/T, but how the hell is "She's Gone" not on that list?

(Open goal there) ;)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Never really paid this thread much attention as I'm not a Sting fan; I don't mind some of his stuff but I've never been inspired to delve any deeper than the obvious hits. Anyway, I head Bruce's version of 'I Hung My Head' last night and was blown away. Great song, even better delivery. Anyone aware if it was ever officially released? At the moment I'm having to make do with an MP3 ripped from youtube.

Never released. 

I’m not a fan but I do love that he wrote Fields of Gold.  The late Eva Cassidy (I found her back in the days of Napster) did a beautiful version that had me listening for weeks and weeks. 

I was drunk when I started this thread.  If I'm posting about Sting and Philip Seymour Hoffman for the love of Christ (which I didn't recall until now when I re-read it) at all hours in the morning, I've had a few pops.  

One the greatest bands of all time...Great musicianship and showmanship...

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

I’m not a fan but I do love that he wrote Fields of Gold.  The late Eva Cassidy (I found her back in the days of Napster) did a beautiful version that had me listening for weeks and weeks. 

Fields of Gold is a true classic.  So timeless, it could have been written centuries ago.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Eva Cassidy though.  Give me Sting any day.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, bobfan1976 said:

What was the date of the Sixtieth Birthday Performance? That was better than the Kennedy one in my opinion.

Bruce Springsteen Live at Sting 60th Birthday - October 1, 2011 - New York City's Beacon Theater

• Like 1