Sign in to follow this  
Patched Tube

Scottish football

Scottish FA have been out and bought some common sense.

Murryfield it is.

Cancel the riots 

9 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Cancel the riots 

Not really, if the hun bxxxxxxs get beat there will still be match officials getting hurt and trouble after the game.

So, Hollywood teeth is bleating about Hearts having an advantage.

In their long history Celtic have played many, many, many cup semi finals on "neutral" grounds.

Take a wild guess when they last played a domestic cup semi final outside of Glasgow?

Who said 1926.......we have a winner.

12 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

So, Hollywood teeth is bleating about Hearts having an advantage.

In their long history Celtic have played many, many, many cup semi finals on "neutral" grounds.

Take a wild guess when they last played a domestic cup semi final outside of Glasgow?

Who said 1926.......we have a winner.

wow ! that's a hell of a stat

Roy, I've said it before and I'll say it again you guys have no idea what it's like up here.

The game is as bent as a 5 bob note, it's run for the benefit of two clubs....the rest of us are just peripheral.

I'm close to jacking it in, I really am.

The latest is our centre half Scott McKenna has been given a two game ban retrospectively for making a clearance and having a Celtic forward run into him.

Scott Brown and Alan MacGregor have both kicked people off the ball on film this season....no action.

Morellos of Sevco does the same, gets sent off but has it overturned on appeal.......the same appeal panel that failed to overturn Mikey Devin's straight red card for a foul forty yards from goal, with a covering player coming across.....having been fouled first himself.

Steven Gerrard calls refs biased ..... no action, Steve Clarke of Killie calls out the ref for a joke of a red card and gets cited.

They're not even trying to hide it now and I'm sick of putting money into a rigged game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Roy, I've said it before and I'll say it again you guys have no idea what it's like up here.

The game is as bent as a 5 bob note, it's run for the benefit of two clubs....the rest of us are just peripheral.

I'm close to jacking it in, I really am.

The latest is our centre half Scott McKenna has been given a two game ban retrospectively for making a clearance and having a Celtic forward run into him.

Scott Brown and Alan MacGregor have both kicked people off the ball on film this season....no action.

Morellos of Sevco does the same, gets sent off but has it overturned on appeal.......the same appeal panel that failed to overturn Mikey Devin's straight red card for a foul forty yards from goal, with a covering player coming across.....having been fouled first himself.

Steven Gerrard calls refs biased ..... no action, Steve Clarke of Killie calls out the ref for a joke of a red card and gets cited.

They're not even trying to hide it now and I'm sick of putting money into a rigged game.

It really is time for Glasgow's teams to join the FL.  It makes no sense to me that Swansea and Cardiff are in the English league but not Celtic and Rangers. I see no reason why the club's owners should be opposed, either. They would make a lot more money hosting Man United than Kilmarnock.

4 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

It really is time for Glasgow's teams to join the FL.  It makes no sense to me that Swansea and Cardiff are in the English league but not Celtic and Rangers. I see no reason why the club's owners should be opposed, either. They would make a lot more money hosting Man United than Kilmarnock.

Please God never ever ever ever ever let that happen. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

The pair of them can fuck off tomorrow, to the moon preferably, as far as I'm concerned.

It won't ever happen though, the Moneyball league doesn't need them and it doesn't need the ........"tradition"........ they bring with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

Please God never ever ever ever ever let that happen. 

Nowt to worry about Roy, the guys behind your league are greedy..........but they ain't stupid.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 1:39 AM, WhereLoveRuled said:

It makes no sense to me that Swansea and Cardiff are in the English league

Your sentence needed to end there.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:39 AM, WhereLoveRuled said:

It makes no sense to me that Swansea and Cardiff are in the English league

As far as I'm aware, this is only allowed because they were in the English league system before UEFA were a thing (same with Berwick Rangers in Scotland). UEFA have stated they wouldn't allow cross-border moves of clubs now.

As for Rangers and Celtic, there is almost no support from the English leagues to allow them to join. Every few years, one club chairman will stick it on a league meeting agenda and it'll be voted down by all others.

Personally, I've been bored of all football for a while now, but being Scottish was always going to be a good way to begin that particular branch of apathy.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, At The Border Guy said:

As far as I'm aware, this is only allowed because they were in the English league system before UEFA were a thing (same with Berwick Rangers in Scotland). UEFA have stated they wouldn't allow cross-border moves of clubs now.

As for Rangers and Celtic, there is almost no support from the English leagues to allow them to join. Every few years, one club chairman will stick it on a league meeting agenda and it'll be voted down by all others.

Personally, I've been bored of all football for a while now, but being Scottish was always going to be a good way to begin that particular branch of apathy.

The reason Swansea are in the English League along with Cardiff, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay, Merthyr Town and Newport is because, when these clubs were formed, there was no Welsh League, so their only option was to join the English League. 

BTW, what the hell is happening to the Scottish Premier League ???

Celtic are not top  of it  !!!    Ut just looks weird seeing another team on the top spot.

Can Hearts stay there ??? 

On 10/25/2018 at 6:26 AM, newcastle roy said:

BTW, what the hell is happening to the Scottish Premier League ???

Celtic are not top  of it  !!!    Ut just looks weird seeing another team on the top spot.

Can Hearts stay there ??? 

It'll be interesting to see how the season progresses. Hearts aren't run by wannabe oligarch who will sack everyone, so they're certainly in a better position than last time they went on a run like this.

• Like 1

Scottish League cup semi finals day 

Celtic easy beat Hearts 3-0 in a game that seemed to be more about who could cheat the best

Rangers V Aberdeen now seem to be doing the same with an Aberdeen player making on he got hit in the face and some dodgy elbows.  0-0 ht

boogieman and the Aberdeenrat jumping for joy as Aberdeen take a 1-0 lead over Rangers who are now trying to cheat to get a penalty 

It's all over Aberdeen in the final to no doubt get beat off Celtic ( I hope Aberdeen win it btw )

Stevey Gerrard looks like he's going to cry..but he always looks like that :lol:

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

boogieman and the Aberdeenrat jumping for joy as Aberdeen take a 1-0 lead over Rangers who are now trying to cheat to get a penalty 

Sweetest feeling in the world Roy, beating those *****......think of Newcastle beating Sunderland to win the Champions League and multiply that feeling by 50 and you might get close to how it really feels.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Sweetest feeling in the world Roy, beating those *****......think of Newcastle beating Sunderland to win the Champions League and multiply that feeling by 50 and you might get close to how it really feels.

Delighted for you. Always great to see Gerrard the loser. 

35 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Glad to see Aberdeen reaching the final..although I was gutted when Hibs lost on penalties to them in the quarters in a match we should have won off the park. Any team beating the Rangers is always a good thing.

• Like 1

Scottish football fans in the news again for the wrong reasons

Hibs manager Neil Lennon hit with a coin and their goalie punched by a fan.

and Scottish football want to lift the ban on alcohol at matches 

Some people are saying Neil Lennon deserved it :o

"People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46052581

22 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Scottish football fans in the news again for the wrong reasons

Hibs manager Neil Lennon hit with a coin and their goalie punched by a fan.

and Scottish football want to lift the ban on alcohol at matches 

Some people are saying Neil Lennon deserved it :o

"People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46052581

He didn't deserve it, but the "he was just trying to calm the home support down" line is arrant bollocks too!

Both assistants also hit by "objects" from the crowd.

And I'm still trying to work out why the goal was actually disallowed...

The thing about the big pink bus shelter (as Hearts' ground is "affectionately" known by us Dons fans) is you are SO close to the pitch it's unreal, the positive of this is it creates a mental good atmosphere, the negative is that EVERYTHING becomes ramped up to eleventy-stupid.

Lennon's a nugget, of that there's no doubt, but he doesn't deserve a coin in the dish.

He does need to reign in the antics though. He's always at it with oppo fans, the dibble should've probably got involved straight away when he started last night.

He can bleat about the abuse all he wants, my argument is, pay me what he's on and I'll take whatever verbal abuse you want to throw at me.

I'll laugh about it all the way to the bank.

• Like 2

I've just seen the video of the Jambo's goalie getting "punched".

Hmmmmmmm............

• Haha 1