Sign in to follow this  
Patched Tube

Scottish football

12 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I've just seen the video of the Jambo's goalie getting "punched".

Hmmmmmmm............

Oh, I think he was punched, but perhaps not in a manner that would be recognised in the Diggers...

3 minutes ago, thomam said:

Oh, I think he was punched, but perhaps not in a manner that would be recognised in the Diggers...

If that's a punch then I punch my dogs in the stomach every time they roll over on their back trying to look cute. :D

I'm no "tough guy"  by any stretch, but I'd like to think I'd have managed to stay upright there!! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Anyway, Diggers is quite a classy gaff these days. 

A new wider selection of ales and the pies come on clean plates!

Aye, had heard that if not actually gentrified, it was now at least potentially survivable

To be fair, it was never a proper rough bar (maybe I have low standards :D) it was just a good drinking man's "Howf".

And it kept the best beer in Embra.

I remember when it had, what, twenty taps of the stuff from the brewery up the road and one tap of lager.

You never needed to speak to the barman, just held up the number of fingers that you wanted pints. On busy days they'd be on the bar by the time you got there.

It was always the best beer in Embra. To be fair, even my soft southern shandy drinker accent barely used to raise an eyebrow. Except that time I ordered a Campari and Soda...

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, thomam said:

He didn't deserve it, but the "he was just trying to calm the home support down" line is arrant bollocks too!

Both assistants also hit by "objects" from the crowd.

And I'm still trying to work out why the goal was actually disallowed...

It was disallowed correctly because a Hearts player was offside and blocking Efe Ambrose from getting to the ball so therefore interfering with play.

Lennon was getting constant sectarian abuse throughout the game which he gets at every stadium in Scotland bar two. He decided after the goal was disallowed to wind-up the barrackers behind him a bit and was rewarded by getting a coin thrown at his head. Remember he hs previously been attacked at the same stadium whilst doing his job. If Lennon was Islamic and got constantly abused for that and attacked at stadiums because of that there would be a national outcry, but because it happens due to him being a Northern Irish Roman Catholic it is ignored, laughed off, and swept under the carpet.  He gave an outstanding damnining of sectarianism in Scotland in his press conference yesterday. It's was uncomfortable listening for a lot of people but it had to be said.

I know he is no angel and crosses the line at times but I admire the guy hugely and always have done, even before he came to be Hibs manager. The fact that he has also been a fantastic manager for  Hibs is yet another reason I admire him. Hope he is our manager for a long time yet.

I can tell you that Lennon gets dogs abuse at the Pitt.....none of it sectarian.

Nae justifying the abuse but it is neither motivated by sectarianism or of a sectarian nature.

33 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I can tell you that Lennon gets dogs abuse at the Pitt.....none of it sectarian.

Nae justifying the abuse but it is neither motivated by sectarianism or of a sectarian nature.

:lol:

Lennon is a horrible bloke just look at this clip when he viciously assaulted Alan Shearers boot.

57 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

:lol:

Lennon is a horrible bloke just look at this clip when he viciously assaulted Alan Shearers boot.

In all honesty Lennon doesnae bother me. The back and worth with oppo fans gets everyone wound up and I'll call him for everything during the game ( nowt to do with his religion or nationality though).

3 hours ago, MacBruce said:

It was disallowed correctly because a Hearts player was offside and blocking Efe Ambrose from getting to the ball so therefore interfering with play.

That's what I originally thought, which would have been reasonable, but the whistle had already gone at that point

I couldn't see anyone offside and active at any other time in the move.

I did ask the question a few posts back if Hearts could stay at the top

this week Celtic beat them 3-0 in the LC and 5-0 in the league

I guess i got my answer 

To be fair to the Jambos they've been absolutely ravaged by injuries.

But it probably was just a question of time before Raselickbyrawaybutbigman got their shit together.

9 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

No place else to put this but too good not to post some place.

Yup a real rib tickler that one.:rolleyes:

Cup final day.

One of the more ironic cup final tunes......

• Like 1

Have a look at all the english and Scottish league tables and it is quite clear that the most competetive league in the UK is the Scottish Premier league where the top 8 teams are seperated by only 8 points going into the week before xmas, whereas every other league only have 3 teams within 8 points of the league leaders, great entertainment.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, dr winston oboogie said:

Have a look at all the english and Scottish league tables and it is quite clear that the most competetive league in the UK is the Scottish Premier league where the top 8 teams are seperated by only 8 points going into the week before xmas, whereas every other league only have 3 teams within 8 points of the league leaders, great entertainment.

Interesting point, i think Celtic will win it still :D

• Like 1

In all honesty ............. the great Jock Stein said many years ago, if you have two blokes of 80 running a 100 metres it'd be a close race, but it wouldnae be good.

This season is a bit like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First win for MR's hated Rangers in Old Firm derby since 2012. Top four in SPL are separated by 3 points. Could this be the year somebody else wins? 

8 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

First win for MR's hated Rangers in Old Firm derby since 2012. Top four in SPL are separated by 3 points. Could this be the year somebody else wins? 

Celtic still have the strongest squad and will strengthen in January so I still expect them to win the league. It will be closer though this year as The Rangers have improved a fair bit but are still far from being a decent team. It's been good to see improvement from other teams like Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Livingston. I also expect Aberdeen to challenge for second spot again. Hearts it pains me to say have also improved. My team Hibs on the other hand have went backwards and will do well to finish in the top six which is nowhere near good enough for us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Fair play to Stevie Clarke.

Time for this, high time, and places the obsequious sycophancy of those at the helm of my club into sharp contrast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47313458

Yup he is spot on..."it is every week", just a disgrace.