Sign in to follow this  
Patched Tube

Scottish football

It's always struck me as hilarious that Raselickbyrawaybutbigman girn about being hard done to by officials when they are captained by Mutant Broony who is reffed to a wholly different standard of accountability.

I don't know if refs in Scotland are bent or if they are just really that bad, but it looks pretty bent to me when Sevco are getting what they've been getting this season (desperation to manufacture a "title race"?).

Mind you, it's been the same for a long time.

The sinister minister, Mike McCurry, was the worst of recent times, but going back further......t'was ever thus.

12 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Fair play to Stevie Clarke.

Time for this, high time, and places the obsequious sycophancy of those at the helm of my club into sharp contrast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47313458

Glad to see this. I'd somehow avoided going to any games featuring Rangers for most of my life, then went to a couple in quick succession the year before Old Rangers went bust. The bullshit from their stand was above and beyond anything I'd heard before or since. It was a vast majority of their away support and so unsubtle I can only assume the SFA, SPFL and the various TV companies have created a special audio filter just to block it out.

Reckon they're no better or worse than anywhere else. As the article says, they're getting plenty of International and Champions League games, so they must be doing something right outside of the goldfish bowl.

We all grow up thinking some teams get everything from the Ref (for me it was always Liverpool). Maybe it's true, maybe its confirmation bias when we only see the things that go for them. Dunno.

Mind you, McCurry, there was a "character..."

2 hours ago, thomam said:

Reckon they're no better or worse than anywhere else. As the article says, they're getting plenty of International and Champions League games, so they must be doing something right outside of the goldfish bowl.

Goldfish bowl is right, that's part of the problem. Also, the West/Central Belt's ……"unique" social issues tend to polarise. Was it Beaton or Madden that was seen drinking in a known, Sevco-minded boozer?

2 hours ago, thomam said:

Mind you, McCurry, there was a "character..."

Aye, was he not caught enjoying happy time with a lady from the congregation to whom he preached? (Lay preached...….if you will.)

2 hours ago, At The Border Guy said:

Glad to see this. I'd somehow avoided going to any games featuring Rangers for most of my life, then went to a couple in quick succession the year before Old Rangers went bust. The bullshit from their stand was above and beyond anything I'd heard before or since. It was a vast majority of their away support and so unsubtle I can only assume the SFA, SPFL and the various TV companies have created a special audio filter just to block it out.

My Dad is a Current-Bun.

When  I was a nipper it was the Nick Hornby route into watching fitba for me, parents divorced, access visits with Pa to the match.

I was already a Dons fan when I was 6 or 7 and my auld fella took me to watch the Dons.

But he had a shot at converting me and took me to a few Deadco games in the early 70s, in amongst their support.

This was the Waddell/Wallace era which was just laden with unfettered toxicity.

My immersion in amongst them engendered within me a hatred that subsisted until they died and has carried over to the new Sevco Scotland 5088 era.

Yet they get away with....everything.

Scotland's shame.

• Like 2

It's a good day for scottish football as nobody has been hit by a bottle thrown from the crowd and no footballer has been attacked by a fan.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Well, got a bit lairy at Berwick/Cowdenbeath.........

Take your face for a shite

:D 

It takes a lot to get me to laugh these days, but that had me pissing myself laughing, thanks mate 

13 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

It's a good day for scottish football as nobody has been hit by a bottle thrown from the crowd and no footballer has been attacked by a fan.

Cos the troublemakers were playing on Friday night, that`s why.

20 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Another laugh for JJ (it is just the kinda guy I am)...but it would seem that Birmingham is now part of Scotland.:P

• Haha 2

Great result for Aberdeen tonight...hope they go on to win the cup.

McIness has been the top manager in Scotland over the last five years in my opinion and deserves a trophy.

Hearts should get to the final, the draw has been kind to them.

Gerrard has improved the huns a lot which is no surprise given the amount of money he has spent on his squad but they are still very much second best in Scotland.

19 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Aberdeen fans ?  Surely not 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47576091

In other news, a second defeat for rxxxxxx this week....good old Mike Ashley, keep up the good work big man.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/rangers-lose-latest-round-of-merchandise-legal-fight-with-mike-ashley-1-4888731

48 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Aberdeen fans ?  Surely not 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47576091

Never believe the Scottish media nor underestimate the corruption within Scottish football Roy.

Some context, the home support spend the majority of games singing bile about Irish history including a song about being "up to their knees in Fenian blood".

That and other "party tunes" were heard being belted out by the home support on TV and radio all night.

No investigation as I understand it.

The song that dibble are, allegedly, investigating is the one to the tune of "Sleepy Jean"...."Cheer up Stevie G...…".

The allegation is that the Aberdeen fans referred to him being a "sad orange bastard".

Now, this is obviously much more egregious and offensive than singing "fuck the Pope" or "we're up to our knees in Fenian blood"...…..but wait.

I've spoken to numerous guys who were at the game, every one of whom said that what was actually sang was "you're a sad Scouser bastard".

Is that sectarian?

If it is I'll wager pretty much every football fan in England outside Liverpool has sang sectarian songs.

You have to understand Roy, how fundamentally rotten Scottish football is.

Every Aberdeen fan has been waiting for a media campaign like this.

The cheeks have been at it bad this season and that has attracted some attention, when this happens the Glasgow media immediately set phasers to deflect.....and over the years Aberdeen have been the primary recipients of this deflection.

It's been going on for decades and it ain't changing anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Celtic V Rangers 2-1 

apparently this is allowed in Scottish football  

e5c749aa-e27a-4d1f-bf58-5003e77c9f38.jpg

That has been allowed for years if you play for a glasgow team in blue...remember they r i peepl

btw for those who do not know the culprit is english.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Celtic V Rangers 2-1 

Different rules for both of "Scotland's shame" Roy 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 2:03 PM, newcastle roy said:

Celtic V Rangers 2-1 

It would seem this IS NOT allowed in Scottish Football, the english culprit was banned for two games.

And guess what, he is appealing against the decision, incerdible.

12 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

It would seem this IS NOT allowed in Scottish Football, the english culprit was banned for two games.

And guess what, he is appealing against the decision, incerdible.

Have they appealed it?

Jaysus, you couldnae mark their necks with a blowtorch.

Only 1022 fans turned up for Livingston V Hamilton in the Scottish Premier league last week, are all the Scottish football fans watching the English Premier league on the telly saturday afternoons ?