Sign in to follow this  
Patched Tube

Scottish football

7 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

As a Hearts fan, I fear we'll get trounced by Celtic in this weekends cup final.:(

All the pressure is on Celtic rd...don't lose an early goal and score first and I think you have a chance.

I know the odds are stacked against Hearts as they would be against any team playing Celtic on Saturday, but anything can happen in a cup final.

52 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

All the pressure is on Celtic rd...don't lose an early goal and score first and I think you have a chance.

I know the odds are stacked against Hearts as they would be against any team playing Celtic on Saturday, but anything can happen in a cup final.

If it was Hibs, I'd reckon they could win but Hearts can't score goals.

22 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

At least you've still got McInnes.

Maybe a safe pair of hands and will keep us in top 6, but ideal situation for me would have been for McInnes to take Scotland job and for us to get Clarke, only way I can see any progress happening, McInnes plays sterile football and has done all he can or will ever do in his present job.

58 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Maybe a safe pair of hands and will keep us in top 6, but ideal situation for me would have been for McInnes to take Scotland job and for us to get Clarke, only way I can see any progress happening, McInnes plays sterile football and has done all he can or will ever do in his present job.

Maybe but like most, McInnes is hampered by a low budget. Clarke did wonders for Killie on a low budget but he just made them hard to beat, pretty sterile football too.

1 minute ago, riverdude2 said:

Maybe but like most, McInnes is hampered by a low budget. Clarke did wonders for Killie on a low budget but he just made them hard to beat, pretty sterile football too.

I do not think it is a coincidence that Killie finished 3rd due to a better goal difference, (a lets try to win attitude compared to a lets not lose attitude), you make a fair point but Killie still look far more liable to score than any of the teams McInnes has put out in the last few seasons.

59 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I do not think it is a coincidence that Killie finished 3rd due to a better goal difference, (a lets try to win attitude compared to a lets not lose attitude), you make a fair point but Killie still look far more liable to score than any of the teams McInnes has put out in the last few seasons.

Fair enough but Killie scored less goals than Aberdeen and Hibs and it was their defence that often saw them win games often from a late goal. Bizarrely, Hearts won twice at Rugby Park but lost the home games against them. Hearts problem (minus Naismith) has been their inability to score.

6 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Doc, you recall when Killie came to the Pitt and got a 0-0?

Nil shots on target from them.......in fact was it not nil shots on goal?

16 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Doc, you recall when Killie came to the Pitt and got a 0-0?

Nil shots on target from them.......in fact was it not nil shots on goal?

Maybe I should be careful what I wish for....but top 6 next season is best prospect methinks.

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Maybe I should be careful what I wish for....but top 6 next season is best prospect methinks.

I get where you're coming from, this is a massive summer for Del recruitment wise.

Him and Russ Richardson need to get it spot on.

Well Hearts played well apart from 2 errors which cost them the game. Celtic time wasting at the end shows they were rattled.

6 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

Well Hearts played well apart from 2 errors which cost them the game. Celtic time wasting at the end shows they were rattled.

Thought Hearts were the better team for most of the match and they got their tactics spot-on. Celtic were poor and still managed to win the cup. As u say it was two bad defensive errors which cost Hearts the game. 

• Thanks 1

New improved use for the Tynecastle dugouts

IMG_20190802_181156.thumb.jpg.ff6f3bd353973dfa73985b2b3028361f.jpg

It's usually them.

It's a shame because Scotland's youngest club is such a fairytale.

Only seven years after they came into existence they're in the top league with a Petrofac Cup on their roll of honour.

Yet their fans let them down again.

Sad.

btw

i was waiting for  one team to win on sunday for a tenner 4 timer for just over £100.

you can still hear the echo in my house...."Howay you MagicRatAFC, Boogie Man fuckers :D !! "  

fanks Aberdeen B)

4 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

btw

i was waiting for  one team to win on sunday for a tenner 4 timer for just over £100.

you can still hear the echo in my house...."Howay you MagicRatAFC, Boogie Man fuckers :D !! "  

fanks Aberdeen B)

I wasn't at the game, I was listening to the radio while walking the dog........I hope no-one saw me when Hedges got the third!!!

Whisper this..........I did a wee mugs line on Sunday, took us to draw (thought we'd be leggy after the Euro tie, Hearts often anti-football their way to a result at the Pitt).

That was the one that burst me.........that'll learn me to back against my own team.

Incidentally, keep an eye on Cove Rangers' price over the next few weeks (third division), They were even money Saturday and won 5-0.

8/11 away to Albion Rovers Saturday coming.

I reckon they'll storm that league and it might take the bookies a week or two to cotton on.

They'll be un-back-able in a while.

• Like 1

Incidentally, this picture probably won't mean much to those of you not well versed in Scottish Football........

EBKnXTUXsAAQgQK.jpg

The fella giving it the big un in the blue baseball cap is Derek Ferguson, older brother of Barry, former Rangers (1872-2012) and Hearts player.

The young Don in the middle of the three is his boy, Lewis.

It's really, really impossible to convey the unlikeliness of this scenario, particularly as -

1) Derek F may have played in  "that" game in October 1988, if not he was in the squad.

2) Several of the fans in that picture were dressers back in the day. I'm fairly certain none of them would have believed you had you advised that many years in the future they'd be celebrating a Dons' goal with Derek Ferguson.

16 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

NOT Scottish fans Roy, but fans of that new club on the block rxxxxxx, been said many many times on here, if there is ever any trouble it will inevitably be "them" involved and they are more english than a bus load of morris dancers, they don`t even support the Scottish National team in international games, only saving grace is that it was their own fans who were under the disabled roof that they collapsed.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:43 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

NOT Scottish fans Roy, but fans of that new club on the block rxxxxxx, been said many many times on here, if there is ever any trouble it will inevitably be "them" involved and they are more english than a bus load of morris dancers, they don`t even support the Scottish National team in international games, only saving grace is that it was their own fans who were under the disabled roof that they collapsed.

Been said many times before ?

Glasgow Rangers are a Scottish football club, the clue is in their name

7 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Been said many times before ?

Glasgow Rangers are a Scottish football club, the clue is in their name

Pedants corner......

They were never officially called Glasgow r*****s, they were simply called r*****s from their formation in 1872 until their death in 2012.

In 2012 Sevco (Scotland) 5088 bought the assets of the departed club and put together a football team known as "The r*****s".

The rest of us just call them arseholes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BTW Roy, I mentioned Cove R in an earlier post...... already in from 8/11 to 1/2 for today's game.

Seems the bookies have cottoned on rapid (as I can't believe a game in the 4th tier in Scotland has attracted that level of betting that quick) so my predicted few weeks of a banker at decent odds seems to have gone for a burton.

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

BTW Roy, I mentioned Cove R in an earlier post...... already in from 8/11 to 1/2 for today's game.

Seems the bookies have cottoned on rapid (as I can't believe a game in the 4th tier in Scotland has attracted that level of betting that quick) so my predicted few weeks of a banker at decent odds seems to have gone for a burton.

4/9!!!!!

Well, that's my Cove Rangers love in officially over.

• Haha 1