Sign in to follow this  
sonicramone

2018 College Football

First 4 team play off, then 8, then 16 where will it end? Some one will always be bitchin they didn't get in. 

As far as Georgia not getting in. I dig the point of not winning there conference, but if they played in the Big 12, they would be in, as they would beat OU to a pulp.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

First 4 team play off, then 8, then 16 where will it end? Some one will always be bitchin they didn't get in. 

As far as Georgia not getting in. I dig the point of not winning there conference, but if they played in the Big 12, they would be in, as they would beat OU to a pulp.

Thats why you need more teams.  I take your point that it has to end somewhere.  There will always be somne with hurt feelings.  But to me you need at least 8 teams to make the playoff field representative.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Thats why you need more teams.  I take your point that it has to end somewhere.  There will always be somne with hurt feelings.  But to me you need at least 8 teams to make the playoff field representative.   

Without an expansion beyond 4, teams like UCF will never get a chance to get included.  Maybe they wouldn't win a game in the playoff, but they should certainly get the chance.  Remember Boise State knocking off Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl?  But the NCAA doesn't like the underdog beating Goliath so I doubt more than 4 will ever happen.

• Like 1

The powers that run D1 sports are all evil and corrupt. It's all about the money, baby. I quit watching D1 football and basketball about three years ago. I now watch my alma mater streaming. D3 is so much more fun. And student-athletes are exactly that in D3. Not athletes-who-occasionally-also-happen-to-be-actual-students.

Missouri wins the Kelly Bryant sweepstakes....The ex Clemson QB announced his pick tonight...He makes his decision after visiting a number of schools including UNC.

• Love Love Love! 1

10 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Missouri wins the Kelly Bryant sweepstakes....The ex Clemson QB announced his pick tonight...He makes his decision after visiting a number of schools including UNC.

Huh. I kept hearing Arkansas.

He will immediately make a difference there.

Swampy's ND officially exposed for the overrated team they annually are. Oklahoma and Alabama looking good but both of Bama's touchdowns were at least partially a result of really bad calls. I'm ACC for life so Clemson but Oklahoma making it to the final instead of Bama would be really refreshing.

In the wake of Michigan getting crushed (again) this wonderful exchange was observed:

Q: How did Jim Harbaugh get an NFL team to the Super Bowl?

A: Kapernick :D 

I have come to the conclusion that I hate Penn State more than I like any team. Watching their comeback get snuffed out just now was a thing of pure beauty. Now go Clemson and then adiós to another season of CFB.

9 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

There will be an 8-team playoff soon enough. Many of these games were not competitive. 

6- team playoff more likely, but I do t think so in the next five years   

2 games and 2 byes in the first round. 

Fantastic beatdown. I hope this spells the beginning of the end of the Saban Era. Pitt lost to Clemson by a similar margin - Pitt wants Bama??? Anyway great season, any season without Bama's clown show winning a title is a great season.

• Like 1

I believe that’s what you called ROLLED Tide. Their defense was never that good this year. Even in games where they scored a lot they also gave up points. The first legitimate team they played was Georgia and should have lost that one as it is. Trevor Lawrence is the real deal and he will be making a living on Sundays in a few years. 

On 1/7/2019 at 11:27 PM, JudgeBrown said:

This is an absolute beat down.

"I haven't seen an Alabama unit this soundly defeated since Little Round Top." :D