sonicramone

2019 College Football

http://jessicawluther.com/thelist/

Here's a pretty extensive list of sexual assaults from different football programs across the spectrum....Big 10, ACC, Pac10, Ivy League, you name it.

Of course, one is too many.  Exposing it, and holding people accountable is paramount.

However, blanket repudiations of entire institutions because of individual crimes is not helpful.  It actually creates an animus environment.

54 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

http://jessicawluther.com/thelist/

Here's a pretty extensive list of sexual assaults from different football programs across the spectrum....Big 10, ACC, Pac10, Ivy League, you name it.

Of course, one is too many.  Exposing it, and holding people accountable is paramount.

However, blanket repudiations of entire institutions because of individual crimes is not helpful.  It actually creates an animus environment.

It crosses the line from individual crimes to institutional failures when the coaches help cover up and try to block prosecution, surely you must know that by reading the list you yourself posted. Also, nice to see the service academies represented - we're paying an average of $250,000 per student to educate them and that's the quality of their recruits. However, that's a little political so no need to get into it. At least the Air Force players seem to have been actually punished.

12 minutes ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

It crosses the line from individual crimes to institutional failures when the coaches help cover up and try to block prosecution, surely you must know that by reading the list you yourself posted. Also, nice to see the service academies represented - we're paying an average of $250,000 per student to educate them and that's the quality of their recruits. However, that's a little political so no need to get into it. At least the Air Force players seem to have been actually punished.

Yes, anytime someone purposefully covers up crimes and blocks prosecution, they should be held accountable.  No doubt it's happened many, many times in the past.  I just don't think the OSU case with Urban Meyer is an example of that.  Others do, and choose to vilify an entire institution over it.

As for the Air Force recruits, isn't being punished and being held accountable the end goal here?  Air Force recruits are human.  Humans do wrong and evil things.  How we handle the result is the question....

If we shut off or shut down every institution that has covered up a crime or swept things under the rug, we wouldn't have much to put our faith in now, would we?

25 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

Yes, anytime someone purposefully covers up crimes and blocks prosecution, they should be held accountable.  No doubt it's happened many, many times in the past.  I just don't think the OSU case with Urban Meyer is an example of that.  Others do, and choose to vilify an entire institution over it.

As for the Air Force recruits, isn't being punished and being held accountable the end goal here?  Air Force recruits are human.  Humans do wrong and evil things.  How we handle the result is the question....

If we shut off or shut down every institution that has covered up a crime or swept things under the rug, we wouldn't have much to put our faith in now, would we?

I don't think anyone is saying we should shut down universities. Just hold their sports programs accountable when possible, as you say. (By the way I think the main issue with Ohio State is their wrestling program violations, though the Zach Smith situation is pretty disgusting as well.) But look at Penn State. They were given sanctions, which were lenient relative to the magnanimity of the crimes committed, and then the sanctions were overturned. BBB compared them to SMU, but as far as I know SMU wasn't given a Rose Bowl invite a couple of years after their violations. In fact, SMU has never recovered from their punishment. Penn State is back on top and has no incentive to tighten up their culture - which explains why they've hired a coach with a questionable past regarding sexual assault (read this article https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/08/james-franklin-vanderbilt-rape-case-penn-state-video .) Of course the Paterno cult loves him.

And I agree, the Air Force did their job properly with the case discussed in the list. Maybe not in the Naval Academy case, which doesn't surprise me somehow.

• Like 1

Pitt made some very embarrassing mistakes tonight and the Sons of Sandusky are very happy.

No matter how much PSU wins by, their fans should never forget: Your team's entire history is based on aiding and abetting a sex criminal, and your current coach is equally complicit. Your team is as foul as rotten garbage and any undeserved success your team attains does nothing to obscure their vast and unequaled moral failings.

Good night.

22 minutes ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Pitt made some very embarrassing mistakes tonight and the Sons of Sandusky are very happy.

No matter how much PSU wins by, their fans should never forget: Your team's entire history is based on aiding and abetting a sex criminal, and your current coach is equally complicit. You are as foul as rotten garbage and any undeserved success your team attains does nothing to obscure your vast and unequaled moral failings.

Good night.

Don't hold back on my account.

53 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

Don't hold back on my account.

Slightly changed to be more charitable to the average fan but the sentiment is largely intact.

This is why I hate college football. Good things happen to bad people. I'll stick to watching my Eagles and Liverpool.

This week's rankings are out.  Foul garbage remains undefeated and ranked 11 while Despicable Institution holds onto the number four spot.  All That Is Glorious had a strong second week and jumps two places to 19 while Don't Even Get Me Started deservedly falls ten spots to the number 25 ranking.

What isn't Mizzou ranked? They beat the powerhouse Wyoming by 25 this last weekend. Again Why. 

Ohio State vs. TCU...craziest game that i've seen in a while.

TCU is as fast as any team i've seen...Buckeyes' defense and special teams coming up with big plays and bigger scores.

OSU 33  TCU 28 with one more quarter to go....

edit:  Whew!  Bullet officially dodged.  40-28 final.

0-3 Old Dominion beats Virginia Tech by 2 touchdowns 49-35 :lol:

VT was favored by 4 touchdowns.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, Jimmy James said:

OK Mizzou -14 v Georgia at home or is Georgia that good?  

On 9/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, WhereLoveRuled said:

Yes, Georgia is that good.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:41 PM, Wasted in the heat said:

Yep.  Almost exactly that good.   :rolleyes:

I hardly ever bet on college football, and when i do very seldom talk about it, but i have to. Mizzou +14 1/2. Show me the money!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I hardly ever bet on college football, and when i do very seldom talk about it, but i have to. Mizzou +14 1/2. Show me the money!!!

It's hard to do. I don't gamble because it's for mugs, but I have noticed that the Vegas line is rarely far off from the final score.

Ohio State looking to come into Rotten Garbage Stadium and shut their idiot fans up tonight in primetime.

Pitt playing #13 UCF in Orlando this afternoon, looking to shock the world. And none more than myself.

11 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Paterno heir and trash human James Franklin embarrasses himself on national TV.

Not sure where this is coming from, but Franklin didn't lose it as much as Urban crushed it.

Congrats to the Buckeyes on another victory!!!  That was their toughest game of the year in front of a really, really raucous crowd.  The rest of the schedule should pretty much be a cakewalk until the Big 10 Championship against probably Wisconsin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Alabama

Georgia

Ohio State

Notre Dame

BCS playoff bound?

If the season ended now that would be close.... I believe Clemson has a razor edge on ND at the moment....But still a long way to go.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, VABOSSFAN said:

If the season ended now that would be close.... I believe Clemson has a razor edge on ND at the moment....But still a long way to go.

Notre Dame got through the thick of their schedule 6-0 beating Michigan, Stanford and Virginia Tech. I hate Michigan but I hope they keep winning.  Benching Wimbush had to be done because he is just not a QB.  Offense has taken off under Book and getting Dexter Williams back at RB was huge. Did not expect this from this Irish team but Kelly made the right move at QB. We will see what happens, this has been exciting to watch. 

42 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Notre Dame got through the thick of their schedule 6-0 beating Michigan, Stanford and Virginia Tech. I hate Michigan but I hope they keep winning.  Benching Wimbush had to be done because he is just not a QB.  Offense has taken off under Book and getting Dexter Williams back at RB was huge. Did not expect this from this Irish team but Kelly made the right move at QB. We will see what happens, this has been exciting to watch. 

I hope Michigan keeps winning as well.  Will make the final game of the regular season that much more sweet in Columbus.