sonicramone

2019 College Football

8 hours ago, bbb said:

BTW, that's Casey Anthony.  When I saw this thread, I immediately said didn't Casey Anthony have an OSU picture that was pretty famous.  

We should have realized when there were no kids in the background.

• Haha 1

sugar-bowl-osu-buckeyes-10.jpg

Week of November 24, 2019

1.  LSU (50) 11-0
2. Ohio St. (9) 11-0
3. Clemson (3) 11-0
4. Georgia 10-1
5. Alabama 10-1
6. Utah 10-1
7. Oklahoma 10-1
8. Florida 9-2
9. Minnesota 10-1
10. Michigan 9-2
11. Baylor 10-1
12. Penn St. 9-2
13. Wisconsin 9-2
14. Oregon 9-2
15. Notre Dame 9-2
16. Auburn 8-3
17. Memphis 10-1
18. Cincinnati 10-1
19. Iowa 8-3
20. Boise St. 10-1
21. Oklahoma St. 8-3
22. Appalachian St. 10-1
23. Virginia Tech 8-3
24. Navy 8-2
25. USC 8-4

• Like 1

a905242e8fe6fd785b9d93c6932fe7fb.png

For the week of December 1, 2019

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Utah
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. Baylor
9. Alabama
10. Wisconsin
11. Auburn
12. Penn State
13. Oregon
14. Notre Dame
15. Minnesota
16. Memphis
17. Michigan
18. Iowa
19. Boise State
20. Appalachian State
21. Cincinnati
22. Virginia
23. Navy
24. USC
25. Air Force

• Like 1

So will LSU v Georgia knock one or the other out of the top 4, or are both good no matter the result next Saturday? 

35 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

So will LSU v Georgia knock one or the other out of the top 4, or are both good no matter the result next Saturday? 

I think LSU is in no matter what.  Georgia has to win to get in.  

10 hours ago, bbb said:

I think LSU is in no matter what.  Georgia has to win to get in.  

Yes, I read that OSU and LSU are definitely in no matter what happens during their Championship conference games.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bowl-projections-ohio-state-and-lsu-have-locked-up-college-football-playoff-bids/

A couple of College Football Playoff contenders fell to the wayside on Saturday, and in doing so, helped to clinch berths in the playoff for current No. 1 Ohio State and No. 2 LSU. Even if the Buckeyes and Tigers wind up 12-1 with losses in their respective conference championship games, the strength of their schedules and dominance over the course of the season will place them ahead of even 12-1 conference champions from the Big 12 or Pac-12. 

BTW, some local commentators are suggesting that next year in Columbus, the Ohio State v. Michigan game have a running clock for the second half as a way to ease the pain felt by Michigan fans, players and coaches.  In the last two meetings, Ohio State has scored 118 points....which might come across as running up the score even though OSU coaches put the brakes on during their last couple of drives.

I personally don't think a running clock is necessary, but it's out there.

• Haha 1

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/college/2019/11/30/ohio-state-extends-ownership-of-michigan-harbaugh/stories/20191130086

The scoreboard in Michigan Stadium read: Ohio State 56, Michigan 27.

For a record eighth consecutive year, the Buckeyes beat their archrival, turning the sport’s greatest rivalry into their own personal fantasyland, except it’s reality. And for the fourth time in Jim Harbaugh’s five years as Michigan head coach, the Wolverines lost to the Buckeyes by double digits — 29, 29, 23, and 11.

Ohio State used its superior offensive line to bully Michigan, opening up Grand Canyon-sized holes, as the Buckeyes rushed for 264 yards on 50 carries, an average of more than five yards per touch. Michigan’s defensive line was mauled by OSU, a massive mismatch where the outcome is often decided.

For Michigan, it’s another third-place finish in the Big Ten East and a trip to either the Citrus or Holiday bowls. And 364 days of disappointment and questions.

“They played really well,” Harbaugh said of Ohio State. “They made those plays, they made those drives, they got those stops, and they played good football.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbb said:

8 straight?  This "rivalry" is like that of a hammer and a nail. 

Michigan managed to draw 112,000 fans (at least for the first half) to watch this beatdown...again.  Although, I did hear a lot of cheering over the radio during OSU scores.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Definitely lost some of the best posts in the history of Greasy Lake because of disruption.

What a shame!

1fqw70.jpg

8 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Definitely lost some of the best posts in the history of Greasy Lake because of disruption.

What a shame!

Well what's the latest poll? 

aaa43b1c0a8fa4ddbd2759f9c77aa20b.jpg

For the Week of December 9, 2019

• 1. LSU
  • 2. Ohio State
  • 3. Clemson
  • 4. Oklahoma
  • 5. Georgia
  • 6. Florida
  • 7. Oregon
  • 8. Baylor
  • 9. Alabama
  • 9. Auburn
  • 11. Wisconsin
  • 12. Utah
  • 13. Penn State
  • 14. Notre Dame
  • 15. Memphis
  • 16. Minnesota
  • 17. Michigan
  • 18. Boise State
  • 19. Iowa
  • 20. Appalachian State
  • 21. Navy
  • 22. USC
  • 23. Cincinnati
  • 24. Air Force
  • 25. Oklahoma State
  • Like 1

I don't know which I would enjoy more, Ohio State losing in a close game when they blow a chance to win in the last minute or getting blown out.  But I'll take either.

I don't know if they show any replays in the stadium but the OSU fan that they showed after targeting was called was classic.  The replays on TV made it look pretty obvious that targeting should be called, shot to the head of the QB, but the fan they showed was in utter shock that they called it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, burghfan said:

I don't know which I would enjoy more, Ohio State losing in a close game when they blow a chance to win in the last minute or getting blown out.  But I'll take either.

You got your wish.  Fantastic end to that game! 

Just saw on ESPN.COM that 41 years ago today Ohio State & Clemson were playing in the Gator Bowl.  Almost like the BCS game yesterday, it was near the end of the game, Clemson was leading, OSU had the ball and threw a pass that was picked off with a couple minutes left in the game.  But what happened after that play was a little different.  Woody Hayes, the head coach for OSU, grabbed and threw a punch at the Clemson player who intercepted the pass.

It may be a good thing for the Clemson player that picked off the pass last night that the play ended in the end zone and not near the OSU bench, and it may also be good for Ryan Day the Head Coach for OSU also, since the punch cost Woody Hayes his job.  Since Day never had a chance to throw a punch he won't be fired for that.

41 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Just saw on ESPN.COM that 41 years ago today Ohio State & Clemson were playing in the Gator Bowl.  Almost like the BCS game yesterday, it was near the end of the game, Clemson was leading, OSU had the ball and threw a pass that was picked off with a couple minutes left in the game.  But what happened after that play was a little different.  Woody Hayes, the head coach for OSU, grabbed and threw a punch at the Clemson player who intercepted the pass.

It may be a good thing for the Clemson player that picked off the pass last night that the play ended in the end zone and not near the OSU bench, and it may also be good for Ryan Day the Head Coach for OSU also, since the punch cost Woody Hayes his job.  Since Day never had a chance to throw a punch he won't be fired for that.

Hahaha!  I remember that like it was yesterday.  I graduated from Michigan in 1978 and that Gator Bowl was the next year. The Clemson player intercepted the ball and then got tackled near the OSU bench and Woody grabbed him and punched him in the throat. It was really shocking. I laughed my ass off when Woody got fired. 

Not bad for a first year coach....next year could be a toughie though.

77d96a77b86db8b84549c55ff0c314d9.jpg

Final 2019 AP Top 25

1. LSU (62) 15-0
2. Clemson 14-1

3. Ohio State 13-1
4. Georgia 12-2
5. Oregon 12-2
6. Florida 11-2
7. Oklahoma 12-2
8. Alabama 11-2
9. Penn State 11-2
10. Minnesota 11-2