Sign in to follow this  
JimCT

Goal of the season nominations

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Not sure, but I think because it's a penalty shoot out it should count as a miss. 

I would think the ball is still live until it stops moving or goes out of play. I don't think this is the only time this has happened, as well as seeing this one before I think I've seen another one much the same.

3 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Not sure, but I think because it's a penalty shoot out it should count as a miss. 

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I would think the ball is still live until it stops moving or goes out of play. I don't think this is the only time this has happened, as well as seeing this one before I think I've seen another one much the same.

As I read it, Law 14 (FA, IFAB, etc) means that BTW is correct - as long as the kicker doesn't touch the ball a second time. But I'm happy to be educated.

2 hours ago, JimCT said:

As I read it, Law 14 (FA, IFAB, etc) means that BTW is correct - as long as the kicker doesn't touch the ball a second time. But I'm happy to be educated.

I think I once read that the rules differ for penalties during the game to penalties during a shoot-out. I don't know if Law 14 applies to both. It doesn't specifically say.

But then again, I now remember the penalty shoot-out at the 86 World Cup between Brazil and France. There was that penalty that went on the post, from there on the keepers back and into the goal.

7 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I got a "video unavailable" from your embed, so try this. 

17 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

This is exactly why Pele named it "The Beautiful Game"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

This is exactly why Pele named it "The Beautiful Game"

Pele also said...

"The level of football in England is the top. English football is the leader in the world"

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Pele also said...

"The level of football in England is the top. English football is the leader in the world"

But he also said that Messi is a one-trick-pony and only has one skill. So... ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2019 at 12:23 PM, newcastle roy said:

Pele also said...

Yes, I think that was after he had his fall wasn`t it..:rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yes, I think that was after he had his fall wasn`t it..:rolleyes:

No, before. What he said about Messi was after the fall :D

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

The time of flight seems to be between 2 and 3 seconds. I’m sure the goaltender would say it was much longer, based on the sinking feeling in his stomach. 

Neymar, stoppage time winner last night. A start towards repairing his broken relationship with the fans of PSG, but  a long way to go yet.