Greasy Lake Community

What are your unpopular Springsteen opinions?

1 minute ago, stillilllife said:

"Candy's boy" is a much better song than "Candy's room".

them's fightin' words!!!

Why do you feel this? Do you dislike Candy's Room, or just really like Candy's Boy? Candy's Room is in my all-time top THREE(!!!) so I can't abide negative words about it -- but I'd be interested in a defense of Candy's Boy!

• Like 2

I really "hate" Mansion On The Hill from this months archive release. I think it´s almost pathetic the way they try to squeeze out some fake feelings with their forced trembling vibrating voices....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

them's fightin' words!!!

Why do you feel this? Do you dislike Candy's Room, or just really like Candy's Boy? Candy's Room is in my all-time top THREE(!!!) so I can't abide negative words about it -- but I'd be interested in a defense of Candy's Boy!

No, I definitely don't dislike Candy's room. I think it's a good song, but I think the vocal melody in the verse is a bit boring.
I love Candy's boy though. Whatever season it may be at the moment it always brings summer to me for those minutes and seconds. It instantly fills me with joy when I hear that beautiful simple organ melody. I think the song overall has good melodies, but first and foremost I love the atmosphere of it.

• Like 2

The early extended live versions of NYCS were a travesty. At least five extra minutes of noodling around as if he's deciding where the song should go next whilst imploring us to listen to the junk man!

Just sing it like on the record will you!!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

I feel the posts, or at least my posts, on this thread won't be "unpopular Springsteen opinions" as much as they'll be "unpopular Greasy Lake opinions". For example: 

- The RiverTunnel of LoveWrecking Ball, Reunion. All better tours than Darkness.

- "Kitty's Back" is dull and plodding.  

- "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" is a fun, snappy little song. It's not a bad song by default because some little bairns are shite singers.

- "The Ghost of Tom Joad" with Tommy Morello is far superior to the original version. 

That's it off the top of my head for now. 

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1