Greasy Lake Community

What are your unpopular Springsteen opinions?

On 9/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, Rizla said:

Compare the very simple set-up on the recent Rolling Stones tour - four tall vertical screens extending way above the stage with constantly changing content, and angled so that everybody got a view.

http://www.stufish.com/zh/project/no-filter-tour

Totally agree, all stadium shows should be this way.

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, berlintramp said:

One very unpopular opinion (which not even I really like to own up to) is the fact that I didn't much like the halftime show at the Super Bowl. Tenth Avenue has a lot of significance for Bruce fans, but not for the general public, Working on a Dream might have been a newish song but not one of his strongest ones, I thought he could have picked better ones to showcase his career. :ph34r:

It could have been better I agree. I also think his Glastonbury appearance was a huge missed opportunity. He more or less played the standard WOAD tour setlist whereas it should have been a 2 hour showcase of his most popular and successful songs in order to reach out to a new generation of music fans.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 9/10/2018 at 10:10 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

my posts, on this thread won't be "unpopular Springsteen opinions" as much as they'll be "unpopular Greasy Lake opinions".

Here's one:

31/12/80 is a flawless Archive release sound-wise and every time I listen to it I ask myself "why the hell do people whinge about this?"

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Here's one:

31/12/80 is a flawless Archive release sound-wise and every time I listen to it I ask myself "why the hell do people whinge about this?"

I agree with you.  Also listened to this at work today and it does sound fantastic.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 6:37 AM, WhereLoveRuled said:

No, it's "Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes.

Greatest rock and roll song of all time:

Not necessarily the greatest recorded rock and roll performance of all time. That would go to either of the following:

On 9/11/2018 at 8:17 PM, Cissa said:

"Light of Day" will never be a good song. 11 minutes long? No.  11 seconds? No. But better.

I realize this is an unpopular opinions thread. I realize that. I accept that. I am calm.

But I would just like to tell you that Light of Day has saved me from pits of abject depression more times than I can count. This song, in my life, is literally medicine.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:33 AM, MacBruce said:

I also think his Glastonbury appearance was a huge missed opportunity. He more or less played the standard WOAD tour setlist whereas it should have been a 2 hour showcase of his most popular and successful songs in order to reach out to a new generation of music fans.

100% agree!! If you look up best ever Glastonbury performances on line and Springsteen never features, which shows a definite missed opportunity

As U2 did perfectly a year or so later, Glastonbury was a perfect opportunity to smash it by playing hit, after hit after hit. But he chose Seeds, Outlaw Pete and Hard Times Come Again No More.

Instead of a walking on with an acoustic guitar to play a Joe Strummer song that nobody knew, imagine the impact had he done this: 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1