CrushOnOutlawPete

What are your unpopular Springsteen opinions?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Racing on Thunder Road said:

I don't like the vocal take on the studio version of Badlands. Sounds far too high and unnatural for my take. It's a great song, but I'll take a live version over the studio one any day of the week.

What do you mean with high? I never understand when people use that term in this context. I could understand if it meant that it's sung in a higher octave or a higher key, but that's never the case it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Mary Queen of Arkansas and especially The Angel are among his best songs.

Now, that's an "interesting" opinion! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That it's not 1978 anymore....-_-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, walk like brando said:

To be fair... Or pedantic.... I don't think Hotel California or Born to Run are Rock and Roll songs. Rock songs, yes. But not Rock n Roll

Just gonna quote this for when somebody tries to say "Like a Rolling Stone" or something is the greatest rock n roll song of all time. 

@Kay, so what is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Mary Queen of Arkansas and especially The Angel are among his best songs.

Image result for one flew over the cuckoo's nest

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like The Rising (the album) much.

"They" (i.e. Bruce) could've made a killer 4- or 5-song EP (that would have included Waitin' On A Sunny Day). 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

What do you mean with high? I never understand when people use that term in this context. I could understand if it meant that it's sung in a higher octave or a higher key, but that's never the case it seems.

I guess I just think it sounds kind of feminine, like Bruce isn't singing with his natural voice. It's just my opinion but I much prefer the more gutteral way that he sings it live.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Zoom said:

I don't like The Rising (the album) much.

"They" (i.e. Bruce) could've made a killer 4- or 5-song EP (that would have included Waitin' On A Sunny Day). 

It wouldn't bother me too much if we never got a Rising show as an Archive release :ph34r:

 

Other than Wembley 2002, he said to cover his arse!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I do feel the Spirit......now get on with the song.  

But it was so good on the Wrecking Ball tour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

- "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" is a fun, snappy little song. It's not a bad song by default because some little bairns are shite singers.

 

Agreed. Sunny Day is a perfectly fine song. As is Working On The Highway - especially live.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I do feel the Spirit......now get on with the song.  

Your finest, funniest post ever. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

How long before this thread turns into another WOAD debate?

For the love of Christ, I thought the same thing.  Please no.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, walk like brando said:

To be fair... Or pedantic.... I don't think Hotel California or Born to Run are Rock and Roll songs. Rock songs, yes. But not Rock n Roll

Born To Run is definitely rock and roll in my eyes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 65pacecar said:

LOHAD is the most overrated song he has ever written. 

Don't know about overrated, but defiantly over played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

Born To Run is definitely rock and roll in my eyes. 

To me, true rock n roll has a "swing" to it, which I feel BTR doesn't have. That's why I see it as a rock song.... Its lost its "roll". That's not to say it's not a bad song.... It's one of the greatest adrenaline rushes ever written. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

LOHAD is the most overrated song he has ever written. 

With the best arrangement ever given to it on Broadway.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, walk like brando said:

To me, true rock n roll has a "swing" to it, which I feel BTR doesn't have. That's why I see it as a rock song.... Its lost its "roll". That's not to say it's not a bad song.... It's one of the greatest adrenaline rushes ever written. 

 

Haha that's funny because originally my post was a little longer and I used the very definition of rock and roll as having a "swing" to it as well before taking it all out. So it goes without saying that I actually do feel a little swing in Born To Run. All Shook Up, it ain't, but I can feel it in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.