Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

What are your unpopular Springsteen opinions?


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

Do you think they're boring because they're slow tempo of just badly written.

Hm, can I say neither? I like several of his slow tempo songs and I don't think they're badly written, but I guess it's just not my type of song. Maybe they're a bit too...jazz-y for me. I like the cinematic quality of both songs, but mostly just in theory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

Totally the same for me.  People go apeshit in concert when it comes on live and I'm always like whatever. 

So when everyone else are having the time of their lives, you're just sitting or standing there watching the fools? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I erred in judgement when I decided to participate in this thread and thereby wasting my time making myself angry and getting offended over the stupidest shit possible...other peoples' meaningless bloviations. I should've stuck to relying on the most important and simplest lesson I've learned right here on this very forum when it comes to threads like this: 

Opinions (my own included) are like poop shoots. Everyone has them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JustDan said:

I erred in judgement when I decided to participate in this thread and thereby wasting my time making myself angry and getting offended over the stupidest shit possible.

As someone who has been prone to get a bit agitated over meaningless shit on here, honestly mate don't stress about the opinions and don't fret about getting wound up reading them.

These opinions are unpopular for a reason so you might as well just have a laugh if you disagree or just enjoy reading what everyone thinks - expect for @borntorunsean's opinion on "Racing in the Street", he can get outta here with that one ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

As someone who has been prone to get a bit agitated over meaningless shit on here, honestly mate don't stress about the opinions and don't fret about getting wound up reading them.

These opinions are unpopular for a reason so you might as well just have a laugh if you disagree or just enjoy reading what everyone thinks - expect for @borntorunsean's opinion on "Racing in the Street", he can get outta here with that one ;)

This thread is like cathartic group therapy, everyone getting their Bruce related issues off their chest.

I for one feel much better having publicly admitted to my indifference to For You.

I'm now going to double down by stating I also don't think much of Lost In The Flood or Wild Billy's Circus Story, and then run before Wout shows up

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rachelharms said:

also, I could seriously take or leave Because The Night live. I love the song, the story and mostly Patti Smith’s version but the live version is a bit of a skip it every time song 

I could also add that to the overplayed live list. Nils solo is great, but Nils could play a solo to damn near any song and has a melodic voice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

Kingdom of Days is better than Incident.

I maybe wouldn’t go that far because Incident is such a classic, and also as they’re very different types of song, but I am 1,000% with you on the Kingdom of Days train - it is easily one of his most under-appreciated songs and it’s message is really beautiful, I think it’s faultless and, bold claim coming, his best post-reuinion song (for me)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

The River is Bruces most entertaining album. From Crush To Wreck he covers it all.

Wow, that's such an unpopular opinion. :huh:

But here's one that will be. I don't care much for Magic. Radio Nowhere and the title song are OK but the rest doesn't do much for me. The overly slick production doesn't help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sonicramone said:

His next tour should be small, grungy theatre gigs with just Bruce, Roy, Gary, Max, Steven and Jake.

thats funny because i read that as small grumpy theatres

id like to see all Ckarence's parts played by Bruce on guitar - no offence to young Jake intended

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So here's a few. Unpopular (at least on this board). Don't argue with any of them - this thread should be an argue free zone.

Kitty is an absolute snorefest live.  You can throw NYCS, Spirit and BTN into the same category.  The Promise and the Fever are boring dirges live and in the studio.

With some notable exceptions, outtakes are usually not as good as what ended up on the album.  If Stray Bullet was on a studio album, it would be the worst track on it (unless it was on HH or WOAD).

BITUSA is a very fine album, and DITD is a great song about frustration.

Tom Morello and the E Street Band is a great live act.  Morello GOTJ is fantastic.

Acoustic Bruce is fine, but it's nowhere near as good as the real thing.

Bruce should do what he likes - not what I want him to do.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

This thread is like cathartic group therapy, everyone getting their Bruce related issues off their chest.

I for one feel much better having publicly admitted to my indifference to For You.

I'm now going to double down by stating I also don't think much of Lost In The Flood or Wild Billy's Circus Story, and then run before Wout shows up

 

YOU SAY WHAT!!!???  :blink: Blasphemy!!!!

 

I still love you though, but that is only because you're Australian :P

 

(and I agree with you on Wild Billy) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...