Junglelander

American Romeo official release

This past Friday, the 19th, I released “American Romeo” on all digital music streaming services. I encourage you all to give it a listen on YouTube and if you enjoy it, add it to your playlist. Thank you for any support you can offer! Now to get back to work on the full length album. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Video unavailable... :mellow:

Is it on iTunes/HDTracks/7 Digital? I purchase from those platforms and would be happy to support you. :)

51 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Video unavailable... :mellow:

Is it on iTunes/HDTracks/7 Digital? I purchase from those platforms and would be happy to support you. :)

It’s available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and a bunchnof others. Either look me up by name or title. Shane Thurston American Romeo. Thanks for the support. It definitely has a Bruce feel to it. I played everything myself except for the drums which were done under my supervision lol

2 hours ago, Junglelander said:

It’s available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and a bunchnof others. Either look me up by name or title. Shane Thurston American Romeo. Thanks for the support. It definitely has a Bruce feel to it. I played everything myself except for the drums which were done under my supervision lol

Done... Bought on iTunes. Very well priced too, thank you. At least you have ONE download in Africa, so far... :D

It's a good single, look forward to cranking it in the car tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Done... Bought on iTunes. Very well priced too, thank you. At least you have ONE download in Africa, so far... :D

It's a good single, look forward to cranking it in the car tomorrow morning.

Please share with everyone you know that would enjoy it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Junglelander said:

Please share with everyone you know that would enjoy it!

My brother in Cape Town just downloaded as well. :)

• Thanks 1

Hey, Shane. I tried to find you on facebook, but there are a lot of ShaneThurstons in this world. I want to promote you on my author page to people who are into supporting independent artists. Send me a PM or a friend request to https://www.facebook.com/RichardHolemanWrites

4 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Hey, Shane. I tried to find you on facebook, but there are a lot of ShaneThurstons in this world. I want to promote you on my author page to people who are into supporting independent artists. Send me a PM or a friend request to https://www.facebook.com/RichardHolemanWrites

Like my personal page or my music page? My music page is

https://m.facebook.com/thurstonmusic/?ref=bookmarks

Thanks. Posted a little promo and liked and followed your page. I don't have a huge following, but it's growing and a lot of my readers are into discovering stuff.

I dig your songs and what you're doing.

You haven't won me over on the title track,. but even Bruce wrote four I disagree with.;)

I wish you every success and I'll promote you as you continue. Just keep loving what you're doing, man.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Thanks. Posted a little promo and liked and followed your page. I don't have a huge following, but it's growing and a lot of my readers are into discovering stuff.

I dig your songs and what you're doing.

You haven't won me over on the title track,. but even Bruce wrote four I disagree with.;)

I wish you every success and I'll promote you as you continue. Just keep loving what you're doing, man.

Ha ha, will do and thank you very much

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 11:10 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

I like the song more and more as time goes by.

I have a phone conference tomorrow afternoon with a small record label. Here is hoping for the best!

• Like 1

Great news. Keep chasing it, bro.

And give us a new song. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Great news. Keep chasing it, bro.

And give us a new song. 

As soon as I can get somewhere to record, you got it. Thanks for the kind words

Well, phone conference was a bust. I don’t know what kind of record label wants the artist to pay them but I know I can’t afford it. Guess I’ll keep doing what I’ve been doing

Even if you could afford it, don't fall for anyone who wants you to pay to make music. There are "publishers" running the same schemes for books.

• Like 1

I submitted Romeo to a record company in Sweden. Hopefully I’ll hear from them sooner than later. I also got an email that sounded too good to be true. It was from someone claiming to be from RCA/SONY Entertainment. They apparently want offer me a publishing deal. But, there is no phone number to call. I also can’t find any info on the sender. They also apparently heard the rest of my content. It’s exist only on SoundCloud. And chances of linking that to American Romeo are very slim.

I would look very carefully at he actual email.

Now that you're putting your work out there, you are going to get hit by scammers posing as agents, record label staff, etc. I've been hit by them, too, in the literary field. You sound wise enough to sort them out, I'm not trying to tell you anything you don't already know. 

That would be more believable if it was from the Sony offices in Nigeria.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

That would be more believable if it was from the Sony offices in Nigeria.

It’s a shame really. These are someone’s dreams and people feel the need to tamper with them. I responded with an email back stating that I’d like to pay for my own ticket and housing. I also asked where they accessed my other content and if there was a number I could call and talk to someone. Still waiting on a response 

Watch out for secondary sellers, too. Just today, I found my latest book available from a few secondary sellers, at a much higher price than my retail price on Amazon. Basically, when someone orders my book from one of these sellers, they then order it from Amazon at retail, charge up to 200% markup and resell it to that customer. Fucking scam. The customer pays more than they should, the seller pockets a huge markup and my royalty is not increased, because I only get the royalty from Amazon, nothing from the secondary seller.

Be wary of everything, look twice and then again at every offer, trust your instincts and then still verify.

• Like 1

Will do. I’m still waiting to hear from the studio in Sweden. And I’ve got a pretty good lawyer to sift through contracts or offers 

In the meantime, I do enjoy giving my books away free from time to time. I'd rather be heard than paid right now.