Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Your Top 5 Official live concert releases


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, salgari said:

Tempe is the quintessential of what i think is "being a rockstar". Not only the way he sings but the way HE MOVES... It seems a fictional movie... Instead IT'S REAL! I think that the people in the crowd din't forget that night yet

The thing is, it is most likely no better than every River tour show. But the brilliant camera angles (including behind Max) and the high quality filming together with the most stellar audio mix, capture a river tour show like no other. But I’m betting he was that good every single night. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The thing is, it is most likely no better than every River tour show. But the brilliant camera angles (including behind Max) and the high quality filming together with the most stellar audio mix, capture a river tour show like no other. But I’m betting he was that good every single night. 

I saw two “original” River shows; Dec 2, 1980, July 2, 1981... and you are most definitely correct.  Yes.  Yes he was!!  

Matter of fact, I know someone who was at the Tempe show, and then later at a show in July in NJ, and he said the Jersey show (I forget which night) was better... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I

Matter of fact, I know someone who was at the Tempe show, and then later at a show in July in NJ, and he said the Jersey show (I forget which night) was better... 

For what it is worth, the 1981 shows were probably better structured than the 1980 shows (at least the 2nd set).

(This saying as someone who saw his first Bruce Springsteen & The ESB show in 1988; people who were actuaĺly there in 1980-1981 might disagree).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Live 75-85

2. Live in Hyde Park ( Wished they had this DVD released also on CD!!!)<_<

3. Live in New York City

In my opinion, the publishing of concerts on his website doesn´t belong to his official releases.

We should open a new thread for this releases.....;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

If you are a  fan of Bruce pre global fame them the Hammersmith 75 concert is gold dust. In just a few moths Bruce's life would be changed; the tunes would remain but the subject matter would be changed forever

I watch exerts from the Hammersmith 75 most weeks and I am struck by the intimacy of the performance, the invention. This is a young man with joy in his heart..

  • Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Top 25? Ginnan then. 

You know what actually, sod it, make it a current fave 30. 

*Personal Favourite live albums are in no way indicative of the Objectively Best ala ratings on https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/blog/*

  1. 1980/11/05 Tempe, AZ
  2. 1981/06/05 London, UK
  3. 2009/11/22 Buffalo, NY
  4. 1984/08/20 East Rutherford, NJ
  5. 1985/09/27 Los Angeles, CA
  6. 1988/07/03 Stockholm, SE
  7. 1980/12/29 Uniondale, NY
  8. 1978/09/19 Passaic, NJ
  9. 1978/09/20 Passaic, NJ
  10. 1988/05/23 New York, NY
  11. 2016/08/30 East Rutherford,  NJ
  12. 2013/07/24 Leeds, UK
  13. 1980/12/31 Uniondale, NY
  14. 2016/07/16 Rome, IT
  15. 2016/07/23 Goteborg, SE
  16. 1975/11/18 Hammersmith Odeon
  17. 2009/11/08 New York, NY
  18. 2000/07/01 New York, NY
  19. 2016/07/13 Paris, FR
  20. 2016/07/11 Paris, FR
  21. 1999/10/23 Los Angeles, CA
  22. 1978/07/07 West Hollywood, CA
  23. 2016/09/07 Philadelphia,  PA
  24. 1999/09/30 Chicago, IL
  25. 1996/11/08 Freehold, NJ
  26. 2007/11/19 Boston, MA
  27. 2016/09/09 Philadelphia,  PA
  28. 2005/08/03 Grand Rapids, MI
  29. Western Stars: Songs From The Film
  30. 2006/04/30 New Orleans, LA
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Top 25? Ginnan then. 

You know what actually, sod it, make it a current fave 30. 

*Personal Favourite live albums are in no way indicative of the Objectively Best ala ratings on https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/blog/*

  1. 1980/11/05 Tempe, AZ
  2. 1981/06/05 London, UK
  3. 2009/11/22 Buffalo, NY
  4. 1984/08/20 East Rutherford, NJ
  5. 1985/09/27 Los Angeles, CA
  6. 1988/07/03 Stockholm, SE
  7. 1980/12/29 Uniondale, NY
  8. 1978/09/19 Passaic, NJ
  9. 1978/09/20 Passaic, NJ
  10. 1988/05/23 New York, NY
  11. 2016/08/30 East Rutherford,  NJ
  12. 2013/07/24 Leeds, UK
  13. 1980/12/31 Uniondale, NY
  14. 2016/07/16 Rome, IT
  15. 2016/07/23 Goteborg, SE
  16. 1975/11/18 Hammersmith Odeon
  17. 2009/11/08 New York, NY
  18. 2000/07/01 New York, NY
  19. 2016/07/13 Paris, FR
  20. 2016/07/11 Paris, FR
  21. 1999/10/23 Los Angeles, CA
  22. 1978/07/07 West Hollywood, CA
  23. 2016/09/07 Philadelphia,  PA
  24. 1999/09/30 Chicago, IL
  25. 1996/11/08 Freehold, NJ
  26. 2007/11/19 Boston, MA
  27. 2016/09/09 Philadelphia,  PA
  28. 2005/08/03 Grand Rapids, MI
  29. Western Stars: Songs From The Film
  30. 2006/04/30 New Orleans, LA

Interesting...If I was to do that, I'd place London as #1 right now. I'd also move Roxy 78 way up...but yeah, imagine 15 years ago that we'd have all this in the quality we do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Interesting...If I was to do that, I'd place London as #1 right now. I'd also move Roxy 78 way up...but yeah, imagine 15 years ago that we'd have all this in the quality we do. 

It's scary how good Wembley '81 is. And to think/hope that one day we'll get one of those LA and NJ '81 shows. Bliss. 

I think if I posted it again http list probably wouldn't be the same. The Roxy '78 is one that moves up and down depending on the weather. I think I remember you posting in the past that it's your favourite show of all time(?) so I can definitely understand why you'd move it so much higher. 

Should be two more shows to come this year, I can't wait to find out what they are, even if I'm not listening to Bruce much at the minute. 

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excluding 1978 when Bruce PROVED IT ALL NIGHT :

1 I like to DRIFT AWAY to Meadowlands 20 Aug 1984

2 I CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE with Wembley 5 June 1981

3 I got THE FEVER for Philadelphia 7 Sept 2016

4 RAISE YOUR HAND to Stockholm 3 July 1988

5 Nassau 31 Dec 1980 (new mix) takes me to THE PROMISED LAND

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

My top 5 and its hard to pick 5 because they're all so good. 

1.  Foxboro 2016

2.  Saint Paul 2016 - That was a magical night!

3.  BBT Center 4/29/2014 - Linda Let me be the one, Hearts of Stone, Talk to Me, Save My Love

4.  Los Angeles 4/23/1988 - Similar to what I saw Bruce for the first time on May 9, 1988 at Met Center except I got to see Walk Like a Man. 

5.  Roxy 78

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

 

3. 29th or 31st Dec 1980 ( can't split them... literally,  whichever of the two I'm listening to is my preferred one)

 

31/12 has my favorite version of The Price You Pay, so whenever I'm listening to 29/12 I end up missing the song and switching to TPYP 31/12, probably in search of the consolation this song provides. 

Both shows are truly amazing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

3. 29th or 31st Dec 1980 ( can't split them... literally,  whichever of the two I'm listening to is my preferred one)

My first two right now. 

15 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

1.  Foxboro 2016

That would be number 3

4. 9/20/78 Passaic - Greatest Prove it ever! 

5. Pittsburgh 2014

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Silvia said:

31/12 has my favorite version of The Price You Pay, so whenever I'm listening to 29/12 I end up missing the song and switching to TPYP 31/12, probably in search of the consolation this song provides. 

Both shows are truly amazing.

Exactly spot on. If we were doing a top 5 song performances from all the archive releases, that Price You Pay would be in mine. One of the absolute treasures from this series

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bosstralian said:

Exactly spot on. If we were doing a top 5 song performances from all the archive releases, that Price You Pay would be in mine. One of the absolute treasures from this series

Agreed, also to consider....

Because the night Passaic 78 night 1 or Nassau 31/12. The two most epic Bruce guitar solos I have ever heard. I can’t split them for which performance is best. 

Prove it all night. Passaic night 2. Wow. 
 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2019 at 8:58 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Top 25? Ginnan then. 

You know what actually, sod it, make it a current fave 30. 

*Personal Favourite live albums are in no way indicative of the Objectively Best ala ratings on https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/blog/*

  1. 1980/11/05 Tempe, AZ
  2. 1981/06/05 London, UK
  3. 2009/11/22 Buffalo, NY
  4. 1984/08/20 East Rutherford, NJ
  5. 1985/09/27 Los Angeles, CA
  6. 1988/07/03 Stockholm, SE
  7. 1980/12/29 Uniondale, NY
  8. 1978/09/19 Passaic, NJ
  9. 1978/09/20 Passaic, NJ
  10. 1988/05/23 New York, NY
  11. 2016/08/30 East Rutherford,  NJ
  12. 2013/07/24 Leeds, UK
  13. 1980/12/31 Uniondale, NY
  14. 2016/07/16 Rome, IT
  15. 2016/07/23 Goteborg, SE
  16. 1975/11/18 Hammersmith Odeon
  17. 2009/11/08 New York, NY
  18. 2000/07/01 New York, NY
  19. 2016/07/13 Paris, FR
  20. 2016/07/11 Paris, FR
  21. 1999/10/23 Los Angeles, CA
  22. 1978/07/07 West Hollywood, CA
  23. 2016/09/07 Philadelphia,  PA
  24. 1999/09/30 Chicago, IL
  25. 1996/11/08 Freehold, NJ
  26. 2007/11/19 Boston, MA
  27. 2016/09/09 Philadelphia,  PA
  28. 2005/08/03 Grand Rapids, MI
  29. Western Stars: Songs From The Film
  30. 2006/04/30 New Orleans, LA

Reading through this again and I honestly wouldn't change this ranking. I don't even know where the Winterland shows would fit in if I tried. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...