Sign in to follow this  
BruceWho

UK fans chance to meet Bruce on Broadway!

3 hours ago, MandaB said:

One was about 1:36 don't know if there was anything else.... And it raised over £700,000 for children in need! 

Just a bit more than the ticket price then !!!!:D

13 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

I don't suppose you know roughly when it was? I would like to listen, but can't go through 3 hours!

Ann Chris Evans does my head in too!! I think it was between 8 and 830 am xx

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, red headed woman said:

Ann Chris Evans does my head in too!! I think it was between 8 and 830 am xx

Both winners calls were repeated this morning at 8.10, with live interviews with the winners. Lucky them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They both sounded genuinely very excited and I think they are both real fans, so I guess that is ok!

I didn't hang around to enter the Spice Girls competition...

I heard the call this morning. I was completely underwhelmed.

So was she by the sound of it. :)

The first lady struck me like a "I'd like to win a w/end in New York" candidate - didn't even know if her husband would be going (said if push came to shove she would have put her son down!!?)……….what "fans" in what household wouldn't have been discussing WHAT they would be doing IF they came out of the hat!...…..almost sounded like SHE had entered and no one else even knew she had!!!

The mother and daughter I had a much better feeling about (as in they WERE fans at least and excited about seeing Bruce, not just going to NY).

One good'un and one wasted it sounded like to my ears!  I think R2 missed a trick in not auctioning one of the pairs (as they suggested originally) - the text money raised I feel would have been the same "anyway" but someone with deep pockets could have boosted the total (for the kids)   

7 hours ago, BruceWho said:

(said if push came to shove she would have put her son down!!?)……….

Heard that this morning. Thought it was a bit extreme to resort to filicide. It's only a gig, not a very good one either by all accounts. Not bitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2018 at 3:13 PM, rachelharms said:

I can confirm I am not going for a fourth time... :lol:

I did see on Twitter a post showing the winner though. Looks like her and her mum are both massive Bruce fans so that’s lovely. Fingers crossed they get to meet Bruce. 

Was each time different? Looking forward to the Netflix showing but no idea what to expect - being avoiding it like the plague as I knew I would never see it live. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elbow said:

Was each time different? Looking forward to the Netflix showing but no idea what to expect - being avoiding it like the plague as I knew I would never see it live. 

Yes, totally different. Every single night there’s a different audience, so it’s a completely different vibe. You never know how the audience will react, and each time it was so special. Also, the show evolved a lot since the first time I saw it in January. Bits were added, different jokes, sometimes different songs too. Also, with the ever changing political climate in the USA, Bruce  implemented a small monologue in relation to current events. The last time I went for my birthday in September, Patti wasn’t there so I got to hear other songs which was really lovely as it made that night even more special. I’m so glad it’s being released on Netflix so I can relive some of those special moments, I hope the beauty and emotion comes across on screen as well as it did in the theatre. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

The first winner's mum is a Ties That Bind member at Badlands, so, undoubtedly a real fan!

YES - the one that sounded like a fan (her and her Mum) - she was the second playback yesterday - not so sure about the first one though (who sounded like she had made one £10 punt and not told anybody about it...…...hope they enjoy/appreciate it even if they are NOT big fans!) :

IF DREAMS CAME TRUE.....

Congratulations to Ties That Bind member Sally Francis and her daughter who won the Radio 2 / Children in Need contest to win tickets to Bruce on Broadway tomorrow night.

Sally who found out about the competition from our email last week is jetting off on Virgin Atlantic, 1st class, this afternoon.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Yes, totally different. Every single night there’s a different audience, so it’s a completely different vibe. You never know how the audience will react, and each time it was so special. Also, the show evolved a lot since the first time I saw it in January. Bits were added, different jokes, sometimes different songs too. Also, with the ever changing political climate in the USA, Bruce  implemented a small monologue in relation to current events. The last time I went for my birthday in September, Patti wasn’t there so I got to hear other songs which was really lovely as it made that night even more special. I’m so glad it’s being released on Netflix so I can relive some of those special moments, I hope the beauty and emotion comes across on screen as well as it did in the theatre. 

What a great experience and memories that will last forever. Brucie is something else, just love him to bits. God I hope I will see him live again...fingers crossed for 2019. Thanks for the reply pal.

• Love Love Love! 1

Hope they packed warm clothes and wellies as it is freezing and snowy in new yawk city

BBPMhRQ.img?h=799&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

4 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Hope they packed warm clothes and wellies as it is freezing and snowy in new yawk city

BBPMhRQ.img?h=799&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

New York in the snow, sounds like fun.

it is all fun until Mikey visits and brings the city to a standstill and Bruce has to cancel a show

winter-snow-storm-new-york-city-times-sq

On 11/16/2018 at 7:03 PM, AMIW said:

it is all fun until Mikey visits and brings the city to a standstill and Bruce has to cancel a show

winter-snow-storm-new-york-city-times-sq

Oh I love New York in the snow! One of my work friends is going to New York for the first time this Friday, I so hope the travelling is ok. But Central Park in the snow is just magical. I’m so jealous.