WhereLoveRuled

2018 NHL Thread

21 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Blackhawks fire Joel Quenneville, 3 Cups just not good enough. WTF

Bloated contracts to Toews, Kane, Seabrook, etc who are not performing up to par. They have little cap room to deal with. It is not totally on Quenneville, will be coaching somewhere else in due time.  

8 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Rangers win 4 straight and are back at .500! Scrappy team. 

Similar to my Flyers, they started out absolutely crap but are now 7-7-1 after a great road trip. 

On 11/7/2018 at 1:42 PM, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Bloated contracts to Toews, Kane, Seabrook, etc who are not performing up to par. They have little cap room to deal with. It is not totally on Quenneville, will be coaching somewhere else in due time.  

Oh I get the problems. 

But the first coach that brings a Cup to STL, will be the coach until he's done, and than most likely Mayor of STL. :D

Well, this isn't from this season, but 30 years ago today Mario Lemieux scored 5 goals, 5 different ways.  it was never done before that, and not done since.

From ESPN

Mario Lemieux is the only player to collect five goals in a game by scoring in five different ways: even strength, power play, short-handed, penalty shot and empty-netter.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, burghfan said:

Well, this isn't from this season, but 30 years ago today Mario Lemieux scored 5 goals, 5 different ways.  it was never done before that, and not done since.

From ESPN

Mario Lemieux is the only player to collect five goals in a game by scoring in five different ways: even strength, power play, short-handed, penalty shot and empty-netter.

Sent this to my dad earlier. He said the greatest moment from the greatest player.

Missed it by a few days, but Dec 27th was when Mario came out of retirement after 44 months and had a goal and 2 assists.

@WhereLoveRuled will appreciate this, Mario's first game back after his cancer treatments was in Philly.  The Philly crowd applauded his return.  Not often that you see a Philly crowd applaud an opponent.

Lemieux starts his day in Pittsburgh finishing his 22nd and final radiation treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma, then joins the Pittsburgh Penguins in Philadelphia and has a goal and an assist in a 5-4 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers.

Lemieux's return is a surprise even to his own teammates, and he's bathed in applause by the Spectrum crowd when he stands near the boards before the national anthem.

"Every time you have an injury like this or cancer or anything like this, you have to have a lot of courage, and if you don't, you won't win the battle," he said afterward. "But it's in my nature to fight back."

Amazingly, though Lemieux hasn't played since Jan. 5, he scores a goal, his 40th of the season, 1:54 into the second period against goaltender Dominic Roussel. He assists on a goal by Kevin Stevens 1:35 later.

Despite Lemieux's return, the Flyers win 5-4.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 1:33 PM, WhereLoveRuled said:

I for one am quite enjoying the Penguins' collapse this season. 

How's that working out for your now?

METROPOLITAN

W

L

OTL

PTS

WAS

PIT

CLS

NYI

CAR

NYR

NJ

PHI

Don't look now but the Blues are on a 7 game winning streak and as of today in the play-off's. 

Hey @bbb, you must have asked me about Ryan O'Reilly in a different thread as it's not here. And I believe I said something about the team is so bad I couldn't tell if he was good or not. But I can tell you now, 1. he should be the Captain of the team, 2. If the Blues continue on this pace, he should be considered for MVP of the league.