WhereLoveRuled

2018 NHL Thread

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey @bbb, you must have asked me about Ryan O'Reilly in a different thread as it's not here. And I believe I said something about the team is so bad I couldn't tell if he was good or not. But I can tell you now, 1. he should be the Captain of the team, 2. If the Blues continue on this pace, he should be considered for MVP of the league.  

Yeah, back in November, we were on a 10 game winning streak and everybody was saying as good as ROR is he had to go.  The team now has chemistry and a winning attitude.................We've sucked ever since, and now the Blues are the ones on a tear! 

And, even when they weren't doing good, I had seen that he was playing really well. 

• Like 1

I just saw that yesterday it was 16,000 days since the Flyers won the Stanley Cup.

Isles/Pens game has been pretty good so far. 

Lightning are gonzo. Regular season means nothing if you are one of the 16 teams that make the dance. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 9:43 PM, larf said:

Isles/Pens game has been pretty good so far. 

Pens look like a team that doesn’t want to win.

• Like 1

Not unhappy the Islanders won.  They haven’t had much to cheer about since the glory days.

Islanders and Caps would be a fun series if/when the Caps finish out the Canes.

• Like 1

Is it me or is the Hockey play-off's, like three times better than usual? 

What a game between the Blues and Jets last night. Jets scored in the first 12 seconds of the game and The Blue scored in the last 15 seconds of the game. 3-2 Blues. LGB.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Is it me or is the Hockey play-off's, like three times better than usual? 

What a game between the Blues and Jets last night. Jets scored in the first 12 seconds of the game and The Blue scored in the last 15 seconds of the game. 3-2 Blues. LGB.  

I think the first round seems to have the best hockey generally speaking. 

What a heartbreaker for Jets fans. And how exhilarating for Blues fans. The agony and the ecstasy.

I saw the clip but forgot who it was, the guy who sang the National Anthem at game 4 in Nashville finished the song, did a fist pump, stepped back and when he did he stepped off the carpet onto the ice and went down chest/face first. 

Looked it up - Gavin DeGraw.

Canes and Caps headed to a game 7

What a crazy finish to the third in the Sharks-Knights game.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard of four goals scored on one power play. 

My Flames went out with a whimper, think I’ll cheer for Big Joe Thornton next. 

It’s a wide open field, especially if the Caps go down, too.  3-3 with 6:30 to go in the third. 

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

By-By-Caps.jpg

At least they lost to Carolina.

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

We need VAR in hockey

Yep....Was clearly a hand pass but I guess 4 officials on the ice STILL couldn’t see it.

The Red Sox won the World Series. The Pats won the Super Bowl. Come on Bruins and Celtics!!  

9 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

We need VAR in hockey

Actually, I said it 30 years ago when the NFL was toying around with video replay - it's not good for the game..........Now, it along with analytics, are ruining all the games.  And, the Derby! 

1 hour ago, judyg said:

The Red Sox won the World Series. The Pats won the Super Bowl. Come on Bruins and Celtics!!  

Hate to tell ya, but the Celtics have been out for at least a week.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bbb said:

Actually, I said it 30 years ago when the NFL was toying around with video replay - it's not good for the game..........Now, it along with analytics, are ruining all the games.  And, the Derby! 

What is totally wrong here is they can review an offside that results in a goal but not a hand pass. And a hand pass is way easier to call than offside. 

Hey @Pastor Jeff, totally forgot about you being a Sharks fan. How have you liked the series so far. Very entertaining. Love the overall speed both clubs have.

58 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What is totally wrong here is they can review an offside that results in a goal but not a hand pass. And a hand pass is way easier to call than offside. 

Yeah.  That is incredibly stupid.  

18 hours ago, bbb said:

Hate to tell ya, but the Celtics have been out for at least a week.  

• Haha 2