31 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

I usually skip Darlington County:ph34r:

That's what Wayne should have done.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

But are we collecting songs or are we collecting shows?

I think we are all just collecting memories...

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Bruce Springsteen shows are to be listened to in full and you do not skip songs!

Except Reunion Tour versions of Tenth Avenue.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Bruce Springsteen shows are to be listened to in full and you do not skip songs!

NEL36mDZ48fPOP_1_8.jpg

"Waitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin'...waitin' on a sunny daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Lampi said:

And Waiting On A Sunny Day... and that version of Mary's Place that used to go on for 3.5 hours... and that Ramrod that had about 98 endings... and... and... and... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

But are we collecting songs or are we collecting shows?

For selective listening, there are endless playlist possibilities or compilations to be burned to CD, but the archives are being presented as full-shows. When I listen to a show in its entirety, I enjoy the warhorses, even the "tired" ones for the most part, and they often lend or borrow context from the songs they're sandwiched between of following. I like the fullness of the experience. When I listen to select tracks, I'm God of Springsteen Heaven and I sequence them any way I want..

Ideally i'd like to be able to do a little of both !

29 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Ideally i'd like to be able to do a little of both !

Welcome to the ideal world, then, because you are able to do exactly that.

If I was only interested in listening to a compilation of Springsteen's live material I'd be spending my days playing Live 75-85 on repeat. 

I'd also have been content with Live in New York City and 'meh' when MSG 1/7/00 was released instead of fuckin' ecstatic. (In regards to Lampi's comment, I'm nearing 40 full plays of "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" from this show since October 2017.) 

Additionally, if it wasn't, in my humble opinion, mandatory to listen to Springsteen shows in full, then oh boy would I have heard "Darlington County", "Working on the Highway" and "Because the Night" about 400 times (accurate number, not an estimate) combined less in the last two years. 

5 hours ago, J said:

And Waiting On A Sunny Day... 

No reason to skip pre-Sunny Day kid versions of Waiting OASD.

Especially not the Rising Tour versions where the song was well-positioned after Empty Sky and You're Missing, once again proof how good our man is in writing a setlist.

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

No reason to skip pre-Sunny Day kid versions of Waiting OASD.

Especially not the Rising Tour versions where the song was well-positioned after Empty Sky and You're Missing, once again proof how good our man is in writing a setlist.

Aye pre-kids it was OK enough. I'm not a big fan of the song full stop, but I can listen to it without the kids. 

9 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Welcome to the ideal world, then, because you are able to do exactly that.

Well ... Yeah ....But sometimes i'd rather not spend 13 dollars for one or two songs .... But i am pretty cheap :lol:

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2018 at 11:36 PM, Early North Jersey said:

Stuck in traffic in a surprise mid november snow storm with my leeds download  10 miles in 90 minutes .... That is a smoking Because The Night !!!!!

Maybe Altschiller the mixer has taken on board feedback from the 2016 tour releases which had the Nils solo way too low in the mix.

I’ve just compared BTN from both LA and St Paul 2016 shows and it is night and day difference. The Leeds 2013 BTN Nils solo is mixed so much better. It’s a killer version and is prominent in the mix, as it always should be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Well ... Yeah ....But sometimes i'd rather not spend 13 dollars for one or two songs .... But i am pretty cheap :lol:

I would like to see them introduce an option to purchase individual tracks for those who don't want to buy certain full shows.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I would like to see them introduce an option to purchase individual tracks for those who don't want to buy certain full shows.

That would be  great, but it'll never happen. I enjoy listening to the shows, but I very soon start whittling them down. It isn't a repeat of 75-85 because, well, there's twenty eight years of touring (up until 2014 when all shows were released more or less) that aren't accounted for. It does highlight that compared to some I only have a moderate interest in the work of Bruce!

• Like 1