Greasy Lake Community

I had no idea... (random trivial facts about music)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched a documentary on the start of heavy metal the other night.  Didn't know Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath lost the tips of his fingers in an industrial accident. Which made him loosen the strin

Alice Cooper is a boy apparently.

Bob Dylan isn't Bob Dylan's real name

Posted Images

At the time I didn't know that the "speed-up" lead vocals on Hungry Heart was Bruce. For some reason I thought it was how Steve Van Zandt sounded. So when "Men without Women" was released in 1982 I was not interested to hear the album at first because of Steve's terrible voice. Back in 1980 I was new to the game and hadn't heard any live recordings. I was pleasantly surprised when I actually heard a song from the MwW album. As a matter of fact, Steve had a great voice at the time. Probably better than Bruce himself (even his normal speed voice).

18 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

At the time I didn't know that the "speed-up" lead vocals on Hungry Heart was Bruce.

The whole of Bat Out Of Hell was sped up to make it all fit on the disc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0470zvq

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, Born To Walk said:

The whole of Bat Out Of Hell was sped up to make it all fit on the disc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0470zvq

I never knew that. The first Partridge Family Album was sped up to make David Cassidy's voice higher and more appealing to preteens like me at the time. Apparently after the success of that one he was able to use his natural voice in the rest of their recordings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/9/2020 at 12:24 PM, THUE said:

I had no idea how badly i hated the band Styx. 

I loved them up to Mr. Roboto. I'll still go back and listen to the first couple albums every now and then. 

They are kind in the same boat as Journey for me. Loved their early stuff until Steve Perry showed up. 

On 5/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, Promise61 said:

How about Ellen Foley on Paradise By The Dashboard Light?

How about Rory Dodd on Bad for Good (the album)? :D

Here's another random fact: Tina Turner and the Ikettes sang backup on Frank Zappa's "Over-Nite Sensation" album. Uncredited, because they were worried that Ike would be angry if he found out.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...