Johan14Cruyff

Bob & Neil play Hyde park

I’m guessing both will do a uk tour as well? Hopefully anyway, just need to persuade my friends to go.

• Like 1

You know they put Dylan's name first to avoid calling the show Neil and Bob.

• Haha 1

So cheaper than Stones then. 

Having seen the Bobster earlier this year I have to say I feel no great urge to see him again. ☹️ Others may disagree. Neil Young, I'm ashamed to say, I have never seen live so..........

25 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

So cheaper than Stones then. 

Having seen the Bobster earlier this year I have to say I feel no great urge to see him again. ☹️ Others may disagree. Neil Young, I'm ashamed to say, I have never seen live so..........

Dylan I would normally rush to see, but not in this context I don’t think. But of course that may change over time as the year advances.... 

Now, this is interesting...

I've seen Dylan five times, from the 1981 Gospel Tour to the 2003 'Stand Motionless Behind A Keyboard Whilst The Audience tries To Guess The song' Tour. I might bother again if he came to Leeds and the prices were reasonable. The 1987 show with Tom Petty was possibly the best.

The only time I saw Neil Young I expected much as it was billed as an acoustic tour, which would be more to my taste. I had no idea there was going to be two hours of a new concept album! Still, it was a box ticked.

10 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

£155 gold circle- via barclaycard pre sale! 

Not got one, just for info! 

Those would give you a nice gold circle view of the back of the heads of those even nicer £330 diamond circle folks.

This note's for you Neiler:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

2003 'Stand Motionless Behind A Keyboard Whilst The Audience tries To Guess The song' Tour. .

As @Kay would say, hilarity.

And 100% accurate.  I walked out of Night One before it ended and left after the supporting act for Night 2.

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I've seen Dylan five times, from the 1981 Gospel Tour to the 2003 'Stand Motionless Behind A Keyboard Whilst The Audience tries To Guess The song' Tour. I might bother again if he came to Leeds and the prices were reasonable. The 1987 show with Tom Petty was possibly the best.

The only time I saw Neil Young I expected much as it was billed as an acoustic tour, which would be more to my taste. I had no idea there was going to be two hours of a new concept album! Still, it was a box ticked.

Also saw that Petty / Dylan tour in 1987.   Loved it!!  Every Bob show since then (maybe 3 others) were steadily worse and more difficult to figure him out.

Neil on the other hand has been a treat each and every time I've seen him.  Maybe six times since 1983....the guy is a walking / talking / singing / swinging legend.  I just love being in the same room as that guy.

8 hours ago, HelloNewman said:

Those would give you a nice gold circle view of the back of the heads of those even nicer £330 diamond circle 

Yeah I saw that last night when I looked at the venue map!!   But thanks for the info!!   As I said in the topic I started on this, this context doesn’t appeal to me. 

Your a big neil fan arnt you, are you tempted?   Not a big stadium fan though either I know (I know it’s not technically a stadium but you know what I mean) 

I'm in for this one - love Bob and Neil

Seen Bob three times since 2013 - have really enjoyed every one - great new material from Tempest performed brilliantly alongside some rearranged classics

Neil was great the last time I saw him but I don't find the endless jams particularly appealing - would much prefer an acoustic tinged gig by him

How long does it roughy take to walk from Hyde Park to Paddington? Wondering if I can make the last train home?

7 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Yeah I saw that last night when I looked at the venue map!!   But thanks for the info!!   As I said in the topic I started on this, this context doesn’t appeal to me. 

Your a big neil fan arnt you, are you tempted?   Not a big stadium fan though either I know (I know it’s not technically a stadium but you know what I mean) 

Yes, I am a huge NY fan and those last POTR dates I saw only increased that. They were magnificent. But I cannot justify such obscene prices, nor supporting corporate rock like this. 

Instead I am going to head to Holland and Belgium for a week in June. I will catch 3 Wilco shows and do some sightseeing, and probably have change left from what Hyde Park would cost me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

How long does it roughy take to walk from Hyde Park to Paddington? Wondering if I can make the last train home?

It's about a 15 minute walk, but it would take so much longer with the crowds post gig, unless you left a few mins early. 

• Like 1

BST seems to market directly to the London corporate hospitality crowd, and rich bucket list tickers, with their £320 'diamond circle' nonsense.  Much better to see these guys on other occasions: neither is exactly shy about touring in proper venues. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HelloNewman said:

It's about a 15 minute walk, but it would take so much longer with the crowds post gig, unless you left a few mins early. 

Yeah we walked after Aerosmith about 12 years ago and I would say about 40 mins, but that was mainly due to the crowd and the way we were funnelled out, and the fact we didn’t really know where we were going either! ;)

On 11/28/2018 at 5:29 PM, HelloNewman said:
On 11/28/2018 at 12:39 PM, Johan14Cruyff said:

Yes, just make your way gradually towards the exit during the last song.  You won't really miss anything and it will make a tremendous difference.  What time is the last train to Streets of Fire? :D

• Love Love Love! 1

7 hours ago, Rizla said:

Yes, just make your way gradually towards the exit during the last song.  You won't really miss anything and it will make a tremendous difference.  What time is the last train to Streets of Fire? :D

Or what time is the first train the day after?

As much as i love Bob'n'Neil and have seen them both a number of times now, i haven't been tempted even though they might play a few tunes together.

i decided a while back, fields and stadiums are out unless it's an artist i haven't seen before and there is not much chance of seeing them again elsewhere.