Sign in to follow this  
BruceWho

Who is it?.........anyone "know"?

This picture of Bruce in his Broadway dressing room - with "pictures of our heroes" on the mirror - can anyone CONFIRM who the picture is top left!? - it has a remarkable likeness to one of my heroes and one of the nicest guys to ever walk this earth (and one of thee greatest guitarists of all time) the late, great Rory Gallagher - I'd so love it be Rory but in a way can't think that it would be!?……..can anyone blow this up and get a "clear" image (or does anyone actually KNOW who that photo is anyway?) - might even be a young Bruce himself - can't get a decent close up on it - but the pose/expression is VERY like Rory...…..and it would make my day if it WAS Rory!!!

tumblr_p99wi077Zn1sofx1to1_1280.jpg

One of his hero's is Lee Harvey Oswald? on right next to the light! 

Do you think Bruce stops at the local liquor store and picks up a half pint of Captain and a pint of 7? :ph34r:

Whats so wrong with American water that he has to have bottled water shipped 8,000 miles from Fiji?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Do you think Bruce stops at the local liquor store and picks up a half pint of Captain and a pint of 7? :ph34r:

Hard to say exactly who that is (because of the light) - a possibility could be Johnny Weissmuller (?) - Tarzan (boyhood memory perhaps) - but you can blow it up enough / see enough of it to confirm that it is NOT Oswald!!! (which would have been a tad weird...….even if you feel Lee didn't do it!!?)

Well no one has come forward (yet) to say - nah, that is blah, blah, blah or whatever - and in the meantime I have been trawling pictures of Rory but so far haven't come up with THAT photo (on Bruce's mirror) - but I have seen Rory wear a similar jacket AND I have found several pictures of Rory with his 1968 Martin 12 string acoustic (that he did make the most wonderful noise on!)……….so definitely have a fit on the guitar in that photo and if it isn't Rory it is one helluva lookalike!!!...…..so...….until someone tells me it ISN'T...………………………………………………………!!!!!!!???

rory.jpg.f6058b14c07ae64a3c98dfed117d978a.jpgrory1.jpg.a2bc232e362fdcead6ea59d3f7562ff3.jpgrory2.jpg.74895020f425159c2dca415733b0fe42.jpgrory3.jpg.85d3cc9a97802e68e47e57019abf9599.jpgrory4.jpg.e65fe630bb6ca603d6c65316c61b30b6.jpg

• Like 1

P.S. Eileen's photo earlier had the same guitar also...……….until someone tells me otherwise I'm taking I that it "IS" Rory on Bruce's mirror (and I'm made up by that fact - knew Bruce admired Phil Lynott and obviously U2 and of course Van the Man, but had NEVER heard any talk of Rory!!?) 

Rory is revered by many artists and is still much-loved. He's extremely popular, and rightly so. 

Bruce's liking for Rory was reciprocated … according to the Rory fansite I'm now reading. :)

3 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Don't laugh but I thought it might be Patti in her much younger (and darker?) days :o

It says in the article that she's there - I thought that, too.

It DOES look like Rory, though. Mebbies there's another one of her that I can't make out?

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I though that was James Dean? Although the one with the cowboy hat and his face obscured by the Maker's Mark bottle cap is also James Dean, no? So maybe not... 

And yeah, top left definitely looks like Rory Gallagher. 

Guys and gals i guess i should have put a smiley face behind my quote. But have a look. 

Related image

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Don't laugh but I thought it might be Patti in her much younger (and darker?) days :o

I am actually with you too on this one.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Guys and gals i guess i should have put a smiley face behind my quote. But have a look. 

Related image

Not even close Jimmy - just not seeing it AT ALL - the guy in the picture on the mirror has a different face & mouth and more hair on the top of his head - besides which a photo of Oswald amongst all those others would NEVER happen (guilty or innocent the guy has no place!!!) - getting back to the mian question & picture (topic) the more I look the more I can "only" see the G Man (Rory)……...but bugging me (and nagging doubt therefore) that I haven't stumbled upon that picture when trawling Rory photos!!?

Segment from an interview with Rory first published on Dec 1st 1978 - almost 40 years ago to the day (Darkness era) :

MS: Many things have changed in rock-and-roll in the last couple of years haven't they?

RG: Things have gotten very formal. There is so much disco and a lot of bands that are just prefabricated corporations. In England, the bands were getting so big it had to be Shea Stadium or nothing, and it had be 15 limos and a Cecil B. DeMille stage. So at least there is a sobriety that the new-wavers brought in. But then some of the new wave people pretend they were born yesterday and pretend they never heard of Eddie Cochran or Muddy Waters

MS: I mean bands like Boston and Kansas.

RG: Well, Kansas has paid its dues, they have been around a long time. If I look at the billboard charts and those magazines, the only records I like are the Stones record and Springsteen. Boston and Kansas, I like to see them in the charts, but there is so much formula and what I call synthesized prefabricated music. There is not much raunchy and funky-type music now. There is a heavy loud music, but not the kind of independent music. In England things have gone overboard with new wave and punk, but I think that is a more positive movement than some of things that were going on. Elvis Costello is good. I can hear echoes of all kinds of people in his music, but he doesn't credit them whereas Bruce Springsteen, who I admire greatly, is so honest and open about things. He has been such a great rock fan for years and does his own thing.

MAYBE BRUCE READ THAT WAY BACK THEN (OR IS AWARE OF IT) AND, GIVEN WHAT HE IS STEPPING OUT ON TO THE STAGE 5 NIGHTS A WEEK AT THE WALTER KERR THEATRE TO DO HAS RORY THERE TO REMIND HIM OF THAT HONESTY!!? WHO KNOWS (we don't even know if it indeed IS Rory...…..but how I hope it is!!……...I think Bruce would admire Rory for being true to himself and his art).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Not even close Jimmy - just not seeing it AT ALL - the guy in the picture on the mirror has a different face & mouth and more hair on the top of his head - besides which a photo of Oswald amongst all those others would NEVER happen (guilty or innocent the guy has no place!!!) - getting back to the mian question & picture (topic) the more I look the more I can "only" see the G Man (Rory)……...but bugging me (and nagging doubt therefore) that I haven't stumbled upon that picture when trawling Rory photos!!?

I think Jimmy is looking at the other side of the mirror and is mistaking Brando for Oswald.

4 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Hard to say exactly who that is (because of the light) - a possibility could be Johnny Weissmuller (?) - Tarzan (boyhood memory perhaps) - but you can blow it up enough / see enough of it to confirm that it is NOT Oswald!!! (which would have been a tad weird...….even if you feel Lee didn't do it!!?)

I thought it was Brando?

4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I think Jimmy is looking at the other side of the mirror and is mistaking Brando for Oswald.

You beat me to it.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Oh most definitely Jimmy is (he said, by the light) but I didn't myself pick out the young Brando (from what we can see there) but now you have said it YES, and I believe it is THIS picture of him:

Image result for young marlon brando

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Jimmy Page?

Could be Eileen, could be - that's a good shout (and you'd think more likely than Rory.....sadly) - but - whilst I can find pictures of Page with a Martin acoustic I still can't find THAT picture...…….and THAT picture still looks a lot more like Rory than Jimmy to me (even if some of that is wishful thinking!)

Image result for jimmy page 1968 martin