Sign in to follow this  
BruceWho

Who is it?.........anyone "know"?

That said - there IS a certain similarity (in some photos) between Jimmy & Rory at a certain point in their lives - takes just a certain photo/pose and you CAN see a likeness between the two at times, so who knows eh!? - but Jimmy would only seem more likely in terms of celebrity (Led Zep have never come up much in Bruce related stuff - any more than Rory has!?) and I personally can think of more reasons for Bruce to have Rory up there than Jimmy (but that's just when comparing those two...…...I still struggle to imagine Rory being up there myself, much as I would love it be him!!!) - they both certainly had that "goddamn guitar!!!"  

Don't we find this a bit weird, that a grown man of what 69? Has pictures of hero's on the wall? Or is it set up for the photo op? 

Bruce is one of my hero's, i don't have a picture of him on my wall. I do have my family pictures on my walls. Just saying. 

It's not his wall at home, it's in the theatre. It's all part of the 'show'.

• Like 1

I don't think the picture in question is Jimmy Page, unless Bruce has done an about-face. He never really cared much for Led Zeppelin; a direct quote from a Creem magazine interview with Dave Marsh in 1975 was "They're like a lot of those groups [Led Zeppelin.]. Not only aren't they doing anything new, they don't do the old stuff so good, either."

On the other hand, I seem to remember that Page went to see a Bruce show on one of his recent tours.

41 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Don't we find this a bit weird, that a grown man of what 69? Has pictures of hero's on the wall? Or is it set up for the photo op? 

Bruce is one of my hero's, i don't have a picture of him on my wall. I do have my family pictures on my walls. Just saying. 

I have a photo of Bruce on the whiteboard in my office! 

I enlarged the picture using neural network artificial intelligence. I cut out the part of the picture in question and uploaded it to Google's image search. Here's the result.

Spoiler

model-2425679_960_720.jpg

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Wout said:

I have a photo of Bruce on the whiteboard in my office! 

LOSER! :P

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

You seriously cannot be serious Jimbo.  Why does age mean losing one's fandom?  

• Like 1

That photo is actually one of my favourite photos of Bruce. I think it’s cool seeing his inspirations/mood board. It’s nice to see things that mean something to him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

You seriously cannot be serious Jimbo.  Why does age mean losing one's fandom?  

When I was 16 YO, I had all kinds of RnR star posters and of course FF on my bedroom walls. But 57 YO I have art and some family pictures. And a bunch of Christmas stuff right now.  

So you're not Bruce and he ain't you, established. 

rach, love how you refer to it as a "mood" board.  I'm stealing that, hope you don't mind.  

• Love Love Love! 1

He is an artist, and in order to create, he needs to find (and retain) inspiration. The photos probably help to evoke the emotion within him every single night. And that’s alright with me.

• Like 4

It also made me smile that me and Bruce use some of the same make up.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

He is an artist, and in order to create, he needs to find (and retain) inspiration. The photos probably help to evoke the emotion within him every single night. And that’s alright with me.

Moreover, those of us who struggle with mental health, mood usually is the central issue.  

You put that perfectly.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't necessarily think it's a case of "heroes on his wall", I consider it inspiration. 

I think when you're relatively playing the same show for over a year there will come a point when you become bored and need a reason to remember why you're doing it. Seeing pictures that remind you of your youth, your best times and your worst I expect will be like a shot of adrenaline in that situation.

And yes, I know the show has essentially changed over the course of its run before anyone wants to respond quoting that disregarding the point of this post. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Moreover, those of us who struggle with mental health, mood usually is the central issue.  

You put that perfectly.  

Exactly, and focusing can be extremely difficult. I’m sure these photos help him to do just that, whilst also being a reminder of everything that has led him up to that exact point in his life. That alone could perhaps help enable him to centre his thoughts, and channel his inspiration. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Don't we find this a bit weird, that a grown man of what 69? Has pictures of hero's on the wall?

And how many Broadway shows have you done?

Rachel and Paolo have summed up exactly what I was thinking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You must not be a narcissist.:D

4 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

And how many Broadway shows have you done?

Zero! Biggest mistake in a long time for me. You?

9 hours ago, Eileen said:

Jimmy Page?

I don't think it's Pagey....

On Led Zeppelin: "They're like a lot of those groups. Not only aren't they doing anything new, they don't do the old stuff so good, either."

http://thequietus.com/articles/04027-bruce-springsteen-interview-born-to-run-creem-magazine

Here's a clearer copy of the photo from Danny Clinch's website.  I still can't tell for sure who it is.  Definitely not Pagey though.

14570-L1000304.jpg