Sign in to follow this  
BruceWho

Who is it?.........anyone "know"?

I think Paulo & Rachel nail it,there must have been times during the run when Bruce has had a bad day or he's thinking how do I do this again tonight & those pictures etc give him that extra something,he's spent alot of time in that room it's become an extension of home,it's not like band shows where he can switch the set every night he has to virtually press a repeat button & that can be very difficult at times especially with it being so emotional.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lazysean said:

Here's a clearer copy of the photo from Danny Clinch's website.  I still can't tell for sure who it is.  Definitely not Pagey though.

14570-L1000304.jpg

Many thanks for this - having clicked on this and made it a little bit bigger I'm fairly sure now that is isn't Rory (sadly) and my money would now be on an early picture of Patti.  Once again having done a quick trawl of pictures of Patti I haven't come up with THAT picture - but - here is "a" picture of her with what could be THAT guitar...……..probably Patti for me (and, sadly, not Rory...…..but was good to have Rory feature for a while!)

Image result for young patti scialfa

Yes, Lorraine mentioned Patti. It looks like a 'private' photo and not one you'd find online.

Good thread though, eh?

Bonnie Raitt?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, High As Hope said:

I think Paulo & Rachel nail it,there must have been times during the run when Bruce has had a bad day or he's thinking how do I do this again tonight & those pictures etc give him that extra something,he's spent alot of time in that room it's become an extension of home,it's not like band shows where he can switch the set every night he has to virtually press a repeat button & that can be very difficult at times especially with it being so emotional.

I know it seems I'm on the wrong side of this argument, and I'll put this up and leave you all to it. But if I was Bruce this would be the only picture I would need to keep moving everyday. 

Image result for springsteen family photos

• Like 6

I love that photo JJ.  I’m sure Bruce does as well.  But he’s had lots of other influences and inspirational people from which to draw his own inspiration. 

I think it’s quite wonderful that he pays homage to that.  

• Like 3

I used to enjoy a splash of Maker's Mark myself till...well....the 'incident'. Strictly red wine and nothing over 12% proof these days. 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, BruceWho said:

This picture of Bruce in his Broadway dressing room - with "pictures of our heroes" on the mirror - can anyone CONFIRM who the picture is top left!? - it has a remarkable likeness to one of my heroes and one of the nicest guys to ever walk this earth (and one of thee greatest guitarists of all time) the late, great Rory Gallagher - I'd so love it be Rory but in a way can't think that it would be!?……..can anyone blow this up and get a "clear" image (or does anyone actually KNOW who that photo is anyway?) - might even be a young Bruce himself - can't get a decent close up on it - but the pose/expression is VERY like Rory...…..and it would make my day if it WAS Rory!!!

The Sunday Times has a 2 page spread of the photo - their caption identifies every photograph on the wall except the mystery one! Other than confirming it is a woman I have no idea who it is, all I can guess is a young Patti (as others have suggested.) Anyway, hope this helps....

IMG_20181202_0001.pdf

On 11/30/2018 at 1:59 PM, Jimmy James said:

I know it seems I'm on the wrong side of this argument, and I'll put this up and leave you all to it. But if I was Bruce this would be the only picture I would need to keep moving everyday. 

Image result for springsteen family photos

And that picture would work excellently in regard to a lot of songs in the set. The reminder of how his mam got him his first guitar and pushed him for "Growin' Up" and, of course, for "The Wish". It'll also work great when it comes to "My Father's House" as a reminder that his dad isn't there and how he still has so much he wants to say to him, and how his absence could be down to the demons that consumed him. Obviously the adrenaline needed to play "My Hometown" is given through that as well. 

The Patti inspiration goes without saying for her two songs, and his bairns on there will be great when he needs to play "Long Time Comin'", but that picture isn't going to paint the full picture of his show. There's a little bit of it there, but there's not enough inspiration for "The Ghost of Tom Joad", "The Rising", "Long Walk Home". He needs something that's a reminder of how backwards America can be, and a photo of John Lennon and a reminder that one of his heroes was murdered because of that. Violence and then the thought of war, Vietnam and the friends lost, Bart Haynes and Walter Cichon for example inspiring "BITUSA" 

The photos of Marlon Brando and Elvis Presley work as reminders of how fame and success and arguably being the best at their craft do not always lead to happy lives and how "the future may not be written at all" let alone "not yet written". That's your inspiration for "DITD" and "LoHaD" as well as some more for "Growin' Up", and I imagine could also take him back to his youth and how he saw the decline of Elvis and thought "I'm not going down that road, I'm gonna do it differently." That's something for "The Promised Land" and 'Thunder Road" 

We all get the picture as to why there's photos of him and Clarence and him and the rest of The E Street Band on there. Just one look at either of those photos could bring back a memory of the times spent together and then it clicks again if he's feeling tired of playing the song nightly. 

And then all of them come together for his monologue before "Born to Run". Everyone on that wall born with nothing, a tramp, with the possibility of doing something special. Did they do it right? Has Bruce done it right or is there something he would change? Whatever the answer, can he bring that to the forefront on any night in the Walter Kerr in the hope that he helps someone in the audience answer that question for themselves. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2018 at 9:17 AM, Jimmy James said:

One of his hero's is Lee Harvey Oswald? on right next to the light! 

Do you think Bruce stops at the local liquor store and picks up a half pint of Captain and a pint of 7? :ph34r:

Come on dude, that’s not even funny.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Hmm, I still think it's Patti.

So do I. I'm sure I've seen that photo somewhere before.

I still like guessing, though. I can understand a photo of her or her and the rest of the family … but as someone who influenced him musically?

Bonnie Raitt and Joan I can understand.

1 hour ago, BruceHistory said:

Come on dude, that’s not even funny.

Did you see the post where Jimmy reminds folk he's tongue in cheek?