Sign in to follow this  
slane85

Sunday Times Magazine interview this Sunday 2nd Dec

That article doesn't make any sense. Bruce is done, washed up, finished writing, too old to tour with the band, done releasing albums.

• Haha 1

So the journalist has somehow translated a simple off the cuff "back to my day job" comment into confirmation of an E Street Band tour which includes UK venues? Genius! 

• Haha 1

I don't think it's an assumption just because it isn't printed in quotation marks.

4 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I don't think it's an assumption just because it isn't printed in quotation marks.

I would say that is exactly what it is. It happens constantly in the UK press. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bruce inc. would have approved the final text of the interview before it went out. There's no way they would allow something as specific as a tour with the ESB including dates in the UK to be included if it wasn't true.

I think this is legit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pullinouttahere said:

Bruce inc. would have approved the final text of the interview before it went out. There's no way they would allow something as specific as a tour with the ESB including dates in the UK to be included if it wasn't true.

I think this is legit.

It is obvious that it makes perfect sense to keep fans excited with anticipation as they debate what may or may not be coming next. A social media buzz does nobody any harm, especially when a new record is about to be released in time for Christmas. The same buzz would not have been created if the piece just featured mental health and Trump. 

• Like 1

2019 could be a big year then, if this article is true (which I think it will be!!) - early-2019 album release, summer tour, BITUSA release in Christmas?

Time to pick up a few more shifts...

This is all very well but where is the unreleased solo 'masterpiece' he wrote and recorded before he decided to do Wrecking Ball instead? 

9 minutes ago, HelloNewman said:

It is obvious that it makes perfect sense to keep fans excited with anticipation as they debate what may or may not be coming next. A social media buzz does nobody any harm, especially when a new record is about to be released in time for Christmas. The same buzz would not have been created if the piece just featured mental health and Trump.

All completely true and a well worn tactic. I still don't think they would allow something patently false to go out.

Bruce wrote "Racing in the Street" at 21??? I don't believe that for a second.

13 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

Bruce wrote "Racing in the Street" at 21??? I don't believe that for a second.

Neither do I.

1 hour ago, Pullinouttahere said:

I'm not certain that that would be the case, to be honest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I'm not certain that that would be the case, to be honest.

I agree with that. People who are interviewed are often allowed to approve their quotes, but I don't think any journalist would let their subjects overall approve or disapprove an article. On the other hand, without quotes to support it, it's pretty bad journalistic work to write that Bruce will soon tour with the E Street Band in the UK.

• Like 1

If the journalist had a direct quote about a UK ESB tour, it would have been used. He/she didn't, so journalistic license to sensationalise was used. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

I agree with that. People who are interviewed are often allowed to approve their quotes, but I don't think any journalist would let their subjects overall approve or disapprove an article. On the other hand, without quotes to support it, it's pretty bad journalistic work to write that Bruce will soon tour with the E Street Band in the UK.

If that's the case it's appaling by the interviewer. Usual journalistic licence would read something like: " .... and Springsteen has no intention of calling it a day, so fans can no doubt look forward to further visits to our shores etc etc...."

What he wrote is completely overstepping the mark.

I think in the final paragraph it says something like " when he tours with the ESB in the next few months" - which if not true, is even worse.

4 minutes ago, Pullinouttahere said:

If that's the case it's appaling by the interviewer. Usual journalistic licence would read something like: " .... and Springsteen has no intention of calling it a day, so fans can no doubt look forward to further visits to our shores etc etc...."

What he wrote is completely overstepping the mark.

The journalist states twice in his article about touring next year and also the new record being released - Bruces' management are so scrupulous on everything they wouldn't have allowed the article to be released if it was incorrect.

Anyway, what else is he going to do when he gets "back to my day job"??

Not sure why people are putting much stock in this interview, half of the talk about the tour is not from Bruce, but from the writer. I do believe he will tour and release an album soon, but I'd be VERY surprised if it was within a few months. 

11 minutes ago, Mack boy said:

Anyway, what else is he going to do when he gets "back to my day job"??

Count his money?

• Haha 4

At least it sounds like this album is actually going to see the light of day.

Probably more excited by that than the tour rumour unless it turns outs it's an indoor run rather than the stadium circuit. 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

At least it sounds like this album is actually going to see the light of day.

Ah, but by that time it's going to be an 'old' album from a different era.

C'mon Boss, give us a modern record for these strange times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mack boy said:

The journalist states twice in his article about touring next year and also the new record being released - Bruces' management are so scrupulous on everything they wouldn't have allowed the article to be released if it was incorrect.

As God-like Bruce is, and as revered as Landau is, I would find it incredible if they had editorial control over this article, or any other one.

C'mon, how much nonsense has been printed about Bruce over the years that has gone unchallenged?   When Dave McGee (?) dished the dirt on Bruce over the Batlan/Sutphin thing years ago (not to mention alleged misuse of labour laws and tax scams)  Landau's people had no idea until the magazine was on the newsstands.

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Ah, but by that time it's going to be an 'old' album from a different era.

C'mon Boss, give us a modern record for these strange times.

He said in a Variety Magazine a couple of years back that he had no interest in writing an Anti Trump diatribe. And good on him. The anti Trump stuff is already being done perfectly well on American late night TV by the likes of Bill Maher etc. 

He also said something along the lines of great songs being great regardless of when they get released. I would go along with that. 

• Like 1