Sign in to follow this  
slane85

Sunday Times Magazine interview this Sunday 2nd Dec

2 hours ago, Mack boy said:

Anyway, what else is he going to do when he gets "back to my day job"??

I believe Bruce was 100% non committal by simply meaning being a rock star and not a Broadway star. The journalist believes it means playing live with the E Street Band in the UK next year. 

• Like 1

Kate's on messenger - she thinks he's touring and that Glastonbury is on the cards. I just said 'We'll see'. :)

• Like 1

I would imagine the journalist is penning an apologetic retraction at this very minute. 

Either that or they are busy planning what to spend their monthly bonus on that they earned with the volume of hits generated on the times website today. 

as i have said on another thread this journalist is a political one not music one it seems the tour references have been put in as pure guesswork

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Count his money?

And his jackets 

• Haha 1

Count me as one of the minority. I'll appreciate hearing the new material, as it has been talked about at length, but another greatest hits tour shows how close the end really is. Of course, He can play Stadiums in Europe, Arenas here in the States for another 10 years or even longer. But the dye is cast. It's looking backward, not forward. We will never have a fresh setlist of interesting material that will challenge him and us. The worst part of another 18 month tour is that the Archive series will be on the back burner.

Was that a real interview or just a rehash of some quotes from the Esquire article? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J said:

Was that a real interview or just a rehash of some quotes from the Esquire article? 

''Springsteen is sitting in his dressing room. He’s looking a little older than the last time we met a couple of years ago, eyebrows flecked with grey''

I'm surprised wassisname from the Rumours thread hasn't been along with long lists of European Stadiums that Bruce might be playing!

6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm surprised wassisname from the Rumours thread hasn't been along with long lists of European Stadiums that Bruce might be playing!

Sure why don't we start?

Feb 3rd - Dublin - Three Arena

Happy Birthaday to me

• Like 1

Of course we have all read stuff before (many times, over many years) and we keep those pinches of salt to hand - BUT - there is surely enough positivity here and also in that article where he and Jessica were on the front cover and when both asked "where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" his response was something along the line of on stage at Metlife Stadium in front of thousands of fans, to hopefully shut up all those naysayers and people who insisted that SOB was his goodbye etc, etc (what a crock!!……..apart from the fact there will probably never be a planned "goodbye" it sure as hell wouldn't be like that, for so few!!!)

As I have been saying since the end of the last tour (when they all started saying this) IMHO - health permitting - we have AT LEAST 2 more large tours with the ESB - at least - as that would only then take him up to age band of many of his peers and main inspirers and his ego (and reputation) will see him want to do similar...…….it's in his DNA...…...it's therapy...…….he will be performing until the bitter end IMO - not always with E Street granted, but, we have a couple more tours to come from them yet...…..and I still think that they WILL be on stage next year and there WILL be 70th b'day shows in New Jersey...….I've been saying this for some time now (as my hunch) and these recent articles (along with the news of the SOB releases - putting paid to any thoughts of that going elsewhere in the world - in a fortnights time that is DONE!) don't do anything to put a pin in my bubble!!!

START SAVING THOSE PENNIES GUYS!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Of course we have all read stuff before (many times, over many years) and we keep those pinches of salt to hand - BUT - there is surely enough positivity here and also in that article where he and Jessica were on the front cover and when both asked "where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" his response was something along the line of on stage at Metlife Stadium in front of thousands of fans, to hopefully shut up all those naysayers and people who insisted that SOB was his goodbye etc, etc (what a crock!!……..apart from the fact there will probably never be a planned "goodbye" it sure as hell wouldn't be like that, for so few!!!)

As I have been saying since the end of the last tour (when they all started saying this) IMHO - health permitting - we have AT LEAST 2 more large tours with the ESB - at least - as that would only then take him up to age band of many of his peers and main inspirers and his ego (and reputation) will see him want to do similar...…….it's in his DNA...…...it's therapy...…….he will be performing until the bitter end IMO - not always with E Street granted, but, we have a couple more tours to come from them yet...…..and I still think that they WILL be on stage next year and there WILL be 70th b'day shows in New Jersey...….I've been saying this for some time now (as my hunch) and these recent articles (along with the news of the SOB releases - putting paid to any thoughts of that going elsewhere in the world - in a fortnights time that is DONE!) don't do anything to put a pin in my bubble!!!

START SAVING THOSE PENNIES GUYS!!!!

Do you play the Lottery by any chance?

Nils wife having a moan on Twitter about it. Saying she doesn’t want her husband getting stressed about it. Dear me.

I think Steve can come across as a bit of a bellend at times onTwitter if I’m being honest.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Nils wife having a moan on Twitter about it. Saying she doesn’t want her husband getting stressed about it. Dear me.

I think Steve can come across as a bit of a bellend at times onTwitter if I’m being honest.

Nils is a sensitive soul. A loyal foot soldier.

I don't see what the fuss is. All the article seems to really say is that the next tour, whenever it may be, will include European (and therefore UK) dates.

You have to say that that is highly likely to be true.

• Like 1

Having now read the whole article, I think the journalist put two and two together and made five!

19 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't see what the fuss is. All the article seems to really say is that the next tour, whenever it may be, will include European (and therefore UK) dates.

You have to say that that is highly likely to be true.

I think the fact that he says 'when he tours in the next few months' is the bit people are really doubting.