Sign in to follow this  
CosmicKid

The price you pay.... Donations now accepted

With every wish there comes a curse, and our curse is that this place is not free. In order to be able to provide a reliable, fast, and stable playground for our Bruce frolicking, we need to pay the bill to The Man. The Man in this case is our hosting company, who, unfortunately doesn't agree that Greasy Lake is so important that they ought to provide a server for free.

So once again I'm afraid I need to ask for your help. If I could pay for it all myself, I would, but I can't. So if you care about this place and want to continue to be able to come here and cultivate your Bruce weakness/obsession/interest with like-minded people, I'm afraid there is no way around chipping in.

Most of you probably know the drill. We accept Paypal donations and cash. You can find all the details and links you need on our donation page.

Thank you so much for considering this. I know December is probably not the best time to ask for money, but I hope you can spare a little bit so that we can still be here and share the exciting things 2019 has in store for us, even if it isn't an E Street Band tour.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Done!!  Thanks so much for all you people do - this site is so great!  

A bit of a second home for me now, though I don’t post too often.  (I read a lot :D)

• Like 3

done - as Kburke said, thanks so much for all you do to provide this site

• Like 3

Done. As usual, my deep appreciation to Karsten and all the mods who keep this site running. I would be almost homeless without it.

• Like 3

It's Saint Nicholas Day. In Slovenia, Saint Nicholas brings gifts to children complimenting them for their good behavior over the past year and urging them to continue in the same manner in the year to come. :)

Thank you all... I love this place!  

• Like 2

You don’t even need to ask - just keep a 'PayPal' logo on the home page, as well as the top of the circuits home page - and I think you’ll be surprised as to how generous your fellow tramps are.

Thanks for all you do Karsten: My long-time, tape-trading partner,

Brad

• Like 2

Is there a time limit on donating? I of course want to donate again this year but I really can’t until payday :(  but I will take the time now to once again thank you all for keeping this site up and running, and for providing a home away from home for us all. 

• Like 2

@newcastle roy ... just an FYI... TPYP is in my top ten as well.  

I feel the same way you do... I’m eternally grateful for the many people I’ve come to know, the people I’m proud to call my friends, etc... all because of this site.  

xo 

• Like 7

My life wouldn't be the same without this crazy place and the amazing people I have met while here

• Like 8

Just donated.  

Not been on here as much as normal this year. Got a lot of stuff going on, but I check in when I can and it always helps to be amongst friends.

Many thanks Karsten and to everyone who contributes to The Lake. 

ps Roy - great post mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just done and huge thanks for keeping this place running. :)

• Like 1