Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatAFC

Pete Shelley

Estonia ? Married ? Twice ?? Who knew.

I only saw them once....Jilly's on Oxford Rd , Manchester, Easter 78 ( but could have been Rafters ). Some great singles.

2 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Wow, you've seen Joy Division live? That's cool!

I have to say, my youthful tastes at the time branded them a bit odd......it's only as I've matured that I've developed a taste for them.

Ian Curtis was one odd dude on stage......well, I guess it's not fair to say that knowing what we do now.......but he was certainly out there.

He also had a solo single called Homosapien in the early 80's didn't he? That song was a massive hit in Australia 

20 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I think it was 79 I saw them......supported by Joy Division.

Was there too. Completely forgot about Joy Division! Probably totally off my face. Also saw the previous 78 gig and strangely remember clearly the support band: Vic Goddards Subway Sect, who I really rated at the time. Just didn't make the cut I guess.

Love browsing the Edinburgh gig archive of the period: brings back so many great memories (but not of Joy Division).

Saw a couple of Bennett Wilson Poole gigs back to back Friday & Saturday and was pleasing to hear them drop a few lines from Every Fallen in Love into one of their originals. Nice touch. 

Pete, and the Buzzcocks, were very special - just look back at that run of classic 45's! Singles Going Steady will be listened to on next weeks commute, for sure.

A friend of mine at work ( Britta, where are you now I wonder ), went to view a house in Salford in , I guess, 82 or 83. All the walls were painted black and the agent said it was Pete Shelley's. She didn't buy it ( as far as I remember ).

• Like 1