Sign in to follow this  
slane85

We need a second-hand vinyl thread

Coz I just bought these on ebay. And i wonder about getting best value.....discogs seems good?

image.png.a96a1b9f618cb2a2307713a7ec5c9a3e.png

image.png.cde5d861957b917a04e08892b7a1b2ad.png

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Are you who just outbid me on the My Hometown?! :P:(

I agree, I got an EBay account last week and every day since has been like an episode of Bargain Hunt. I’m bidding on everything. I’ve got a few new Bruce records already... Leap Of Faith, BITUSA, I’m Goin’ Down.. all excellent condition 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slane85 said:

.oz I just bought these on ebay. And i wonder about getting best value.....discogs seems good?

image.png.a96a1b9f618cb2a2307713a7ec5c9a3e.png

image.png.cde5d861957b917a04e08892b7a1b2ad.png

Yes, Discogs is the place to go, I would say.

Springsteen Collectors on FB is also great, although they don't value stuff particularly.  They will advise you if they think something is overpriced though.  Great community, with most folks sharing photos of their collections and recent purchases.  And don't forget the Record Machine on this here site.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Promise61 said:

And don't forget the Record Machine on this here site.

right?

no offense but looking for a place to resell records that you just bought on ebay and rachelharms having just created an ebay account reads like it's 1998 or something.

since this thread is asking for a second hand vinyl thread why not do an exchange here? apparently rachel is looking for the hometown single ;)

much more likely to get rid off these quick since these are not rare at all.

• Like 1

I tend to use Discogs to fill gaps in the archive. Feel it gives a bit more security in terms of condition assessment and yeah, I might pay a bit more for that, but the difference is likely to be little more than the price of a coffee. 

From the op I'm guessing you are hoping to turn a profit? Dunno how I feel about that to be honest, but as QF says, they're not uncommon. Put it up and if it sells it sells. It's what it's worth to the buyer ultimately. Just be nice about the condition assessment tho'.

The Cover Me shaped pic looks in good nick - is that the actual item? Stand unused? Seen many such items that suffer from brown discolouration - the pink caddy I bought at the time is barely visible as such!

13 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I agree, I got an EBay account last week and every day since has been like an episode of Bargain Hunt. I’m bidding on everything. I’ve got a few new Bruce records already... Leap Of Faith, BITUSA, I’m Goin’ Down.. all excellent condition 

Hey! Thought you were skint?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker in the sun said:

From the op I'm guessing you are hoping to turn a profit?

No I'm not, just looking to buy some records for my own pleasure

• Like 2

I buy my records probably half and half between ebay and discogs. With discogs you can create a 'want list' and they'll email you a list of items in your list that are for sale. Once I started I found it hard to stop buying haha

Something that helped me when I was just starting to build up my collection was looking for the 7" singles from the river all in nice picture sleeves, there are quite a few of them. And many of them have different versions of the same single. Have a link below as a example of what I'm talking about

https://www.discogs.com/lists/The-River/307627

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Sherry-Darling/307629

Also the singles from BITUSA too, again there are quite a few of them and they're both 7" and 12" singles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Rachel, take your time on eBay before you start buying everything you don’t have.  There is SOOOOOO much Bruce stuff out there, you could spend a mint.  

1 hour ago, slane85 said:

No I'm not, just looking to buy some records for my own pleasure

Wasn't trying to be a smart-arse, I guess I misinterpreted your initial post. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Anybody know the location of the photo for My Hometown?

Isn't that Bruce's old house where he grew up? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Walker in the sun said:

Hey! Thought you were skint?

I am :lol: but I can’t resist a bargain.. or Bruce... :P

2 hours ago, Kburke said:

Rachel, take your time on eBay before you start buying everything you don’t have.  There is SOOOOOO much Bruce stuff out there, you could spend a mint.  

Don’t worry, thanks to being on discogs since early this year, I know when things are overpriced! I’m just adding to my collection when I can. I got all of those records for less than £30! I just love having these kinds of things, and owning record that are so old. I feel like I have my own little piece of history. :) 

32 minutes ago, J said:

Isn't that Bruce's old house where he grew up? 

It is, in Freehold. I’ve stood in that spot myself! If you do Stan’s tour of the jersey shore he takes you there, so you can recreate that photo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Don’t worry, thanks to being on discogs since early this year, I know when things are overpriced! I’m just adding to my collection when I can. I got all of those records for less than £30! I just love having these kinds of things, and owning record that are so old. I feel like I have my own little piece of history. :) 

“So old”.  Lol

5 minutes ago, Kburke said:

“So old”.  Lol

Well my Greetings record is 45 years!! 

Ok so this is what I’ve managed to get with the little spare money I’ve had this year:

B98B53A3-6365-4134-B607-3131552C2ABE.thumb.jpeg.3a112a25ae20af2868a21c07c1b5ef1c.jpeg02001AC0-1F0B-4BCB-9D02-14A22D7B79C7.thumb.jpeg.5a677e90232b1f98591a5fcdd0be7ae2.jpeg

The black record without a sleeve is the 12” Born To Run live - my friend got me it for my birthday... but her dog ate it (literally), though I kept the disc anyway. She got me the 7” one as well instead. 

Southside, DITD 12” and Greetings (original from ‘73!) all came from Holdfast Records in Asbury Park. 

Born To Run (with the spelling mistake!!), Tunnel Of Love 12” picture disc, Cover Me 7” (B side Jersey Girl), DITD 7” (B side Pink Cadillac), Prove It All Night 7” (B side Factory), War 7” (B side Merry Christmas Baby) and TTTR 7” all came from a seller who lives not too far from me, but I ordered online. I basically cleared him of all his Bruce stuff. 

Then Leap Of Faith 7” (B side Leap Of Faith live) and I’m Goin’ Down  12” (with Janey Don’t You Lose Heart and Held Up Without A Gun) all came from EBay. I have BITUSA 7” and My Hometown on it’s way to me from eBay also. 

Really I’ve only just begun collecting. But having these things make me the happiest person in the world. 

I’ve also got new versions of all the albums (through the Album Collections) too, and some bootleg records I bought from Amazon a couple of years back which are cool. 

If anyone has any they’re getting rid of (I can’t imagine why!) but I’d be happy to take them/buy them. I just can’t wait to collect more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

It is, in Freehold. I’ve stood in that spot myself! If you do Stan’s tour of the jersey shore he takes you there, so you can recreate that photo. 

image.png.098ffb6530f65fd4fe18454e0f8d320c.png

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, Ciaran said:

I buy my records probably half and half between ebay and discogs. With discogs you can create a 'want list' and they'll email you a list of items in your list that are for sale. Once I started I found it hard to stop buying haha

Something that helped me when I was just starting to build up my collection was looking for the 7" singles from the river all in nice picture sleeves, there are quite a few of them. And many of them have different versions of the same single. Have a link below as a example of what I'm talking about

https://www.discogs.com/lists/The-River/307627

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Sherry-Darling/307629

Also the singles from BITUSA too, again there are quite a few of them and they're both 7" and 12" singles.

Excellent - thanks Ciaran.

As far as top prices for official vinyl albums go, the promo 'Killer Tracks From The River' is one to look out for.  Of the standard releases, 18 Tracks and LINYC seem to the ones that fetch the most, sometimes around the £200 mark.  D&D and The Rising are also very sought after.

29 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

As far as top prices for official vinyl albums go, the promo 'Killer Tracks From The River' is one to look out for.  Of the standard releases, 18 Tracks and LINYC seem to the ones that fetch the most, sometimes around the £200 mark.  D&D and The Rising are also very sought after.

Checked LINYC yesterday, and...the prices are just ridiculous. Won' t tell wifey about that one (or the three others you mention). Ain't turnin' my vinyl stuff into new windows or whatever... :P

• Like 2

Are the original vinyl releases of MTV Plugged and The Ghost Of Tom Joad still expensive or not anymore after they were re-released? (Asks the proud owner)

14 hours ago, Promise61 said:

As is the four track 12" single promo to "A Very Special Christmas" - as it has cuts from Bruce, US, Mellencamp and Bon Jovi - so there's four sets of fans trying to buy one each time one goes on sale... 

(and there's even two versions, a green and a red one... the red is the harder one to find)

• Like 2