Sign in to follow this  
slane85

We need a second-hand vinyl thread

Recommended Posts

Haven’t had much spare money to be spending on records for a little while, but I went on a trip to Camden a couple of weeks ago and picked up a few things & have managed to order a couple from eBay too. 

From Camden:

06845F59-F7DD-4FB8-899D-CBA03AC34D2A.thumb.jpeg.67639f94f93baeb8ff91c66217d79b1e.jpeg

already had the 7” BITUSA single, so was just filling gaps by getting the 12”. For £5 and mint condition I’m not really complaining! 

From EBay: 

F308E241-62D1-4755-8A6E-3F007A225CF8.thumb.jpeg.9b0218ddfa3a5bf3694b00d31ac8eec1.jpeg78CB751A-C490-4EE5-82D1-046844646631.thumb.jpeg.98e44408e0fe6ef92b8f4278eb1aa97c.jpeg

Patti Scialfa 7” Spanish promo single. Her music on LP’s is quite hard to come by I’ve found, so when I saw this, and it being one of my favourites, I had to order it. I’d really love to get the actual Rumble Doll album too. 

And last but not least...

162D6E9B-D55D-4453-B355-ECACF453BB01.thumb.jpeg.a0895e59ffc6366548f495ce43ce5045.jpeg31948239-9BEF-42EC-8F8E-B114512B2929.thumb.jpeg.aa7de0b837f09ad1a5130e8cb08a9027.jpeg

Rosalita 12” Maxi single. Not rare or anything but I really liked that it came with Night and Racing in the Street. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, rachelharms said:

Haven’t had much spare money to be spending on records for a little while, but I went on a trip to Camden a couple of weeks ago and picked up a few things & have managed to order a couple from eBay too. 

From Camden:

06845F59-F7DD-4FB8-899D-CBA03AC34D2A.thumb.jpeg.67639f94f93baeb8ff91c66217d79b1e.jpeg

already had the 7” BITUSA single, so was just filling gaps by getting the 12”. For £5 and mint condition I’m not really complaining! 

From EBay: 

F308E241-62D1-4755-8A6E-3F007A225CF8.thumb.jpeg.9b0218ddfa3a5bf3694b00d31ac8eec1.jpeg78CB751A-C490-4EE5-82D1-046844646631.thumb.jpeg.98e44408e0fe6ef92b8f4278eb1aa97c.jpeg

Patti Scialfa 7” Spanish promo single. Her music on LP’s is quite hard to come by I’ve found, so when I saw this, and it being one of my favourites, I had to order it. I’d really love to get the actual Rumble Doll album too. 

And last but not least...

162D6E9B-D55D-4453-B355-ECACF453BB01.thumb.jpeg.a0895e59ffc6366548f495ce43ce5045.jpeg31948239-9BEF-42EC-8F8E-B114512B2929.thumb.jpeg.aa7de0b837f09ad1a5130e8cb08a9027.jpeg

Rosalita 12” Maxi single. Not rare or anything but I really liked that it came with Night and Racing in the Street. 

 

Good catch on the Rosie 12".  I think it originally came with a poster. That would boost its value.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this up from EBay - 7” Born To Run Live boxset 

CEA6000D-5EA2-462E-BA40-9D1921BBDA9E.thumb.jpeg.d7d2e487021607d3354ee1f28c5596aa.jpeg8490D53A-865D-44EB-A2A2-DD68DD337C67.thumb.jpeg.11620b0a43c47dc9b68886459984c56e.jpegED3CF0FB-CF54-4531-A594-5396287D5BAA.thumb.jpeg.6293f6b98f03257898e1c3e6167a61a7.jpeg

Records themselves look brand new 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Picked this up from EBay - 7” Born To Run Live boxset 

CEA6000D-5EA2-462E-BA40-9D1921BBDA9E.thumb.jpeg.d7d2e487021607d3354ee1f28c5596aa.jpeg8490D53A-865D-44EB-A2A2-DD68DD337C67.thumb.jpeg.11620b0a43c47dc9b68886459984c56e.jpegED3CF0FB-CF54-4531-A594-5396287D5BAA.thumb.jpeg.6293f6b98f03257898e1c3e6167a61a7.jpeg

Records themselves look brand new 

Ship shape and shiny.  Nice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, Promise61 said:

Good catch on the Rosie 12".  I think it originally came with a poster. That would boost its value.

I didn't realise that I owned it.:lol: Also found tougher, and spare parts and we are the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmw said:

I didn't realise that I owned it.:lol: Also found tougher, and spare parts and we are the world.

Cool! Does yours have the poster?

I’m yet to pick up a We Are The World record!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Cool! Does yours have the poster?

I’m yet to pick up a We Are The World record!

No poster, We are The World, has some nice photos of Bruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally completed my official The River LP collection today with the arrival of the (strong and sturdy) gatefold version from Hong Kong.  HK was only one of five territories to issue the album in a gatefold sleeve.

Twenty two territories in all, although the collection runs to thirty three (how appropriate!) with the variations therein.

I'd still love that bootleg version from Taiwan, though.

:wub:

 

bruceriver20190809_194046.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I finally completed my official The River LP collection today with the arrival of the (strong and sturdy) gatefold version from Hong Kong.  HK was only one of five territories to issue the album in a gatefold sleeve.

Twenty two territories in all, although the collection runs to thirty three (how appropriate!) with the variations therein.

I'd still love that bootleg version from Taiwan, though.

:wub:

 

bruceriver20190809_194046.jpg

 

Awesome, Paul. Congratulations!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

Awesome, Paul. Congratulations!!

Thanks, mate. Your site was a huge help in tracking this stuff down. Who ever knew that there was a Venezeulan gatefold issue with a weird lime green tone? !!  But, there it is.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Thanks, mate. Your site was a huge help in tracking this stuff down. Who ever knew that there was a Venezeulan gatefold issue with a weird lime green tone? !!  But, there it is.

:D

LOL, right. I never owned that one; just the South African and Hong Kong gatefolds. Anyhow, glad I could be of help. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 4:28 AM, Promise61 said:

Thanks, mate. Your site was a huge help in tracking this stuff down. Who ever knew that there was a Venezeulan gatefold issue with a weird lime green tone? !!  But, there it is.

:D

I like the "El Rio" on the darker cover toward the middle.    :) 

Also, which one in the direct middle got beat up so much?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 12:32 AM, sonicramone said:

I like the "El Rio" on the darker cover toward the middle.    :) 

Also, which one in the direct middle got beat up so much?

That would be the Philippines issue. Unique in several ways. Need a cheap upgrade.

:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just bought the 4LP vinyl 'Do you love me' from East Rutherford 1984 on ebay complete with Pink Cadillac labels.The gatefold is rather worn, as you'd expect from an item 35 years old, but the inner sleeves and discs are fine.

pink cadillac label002.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this