Sign in to follow this  
AMIW

The Official December 16th 2018 NetflixBroadwaySetListVision thread

I'm gonna try to stay up and watch it at 1201 am California time. Hopefully, the excitement will keep me awake. I hope the Server won't crash.

• Like 2

You guys won't believe this shit I'm dealing with... :P

We had some problems with the internet at home lately and yesterday the tech guys came, they walked around the house, checked the connections panel, the router, the modem, went outside to the street locker... 
Basically, they said that one of our cables was damaged, then they exchanged it for a new one... Everything worked perfectly afterward up until an hour ago... WIFI, TV, all dead and out now. Kids acting like the apocalypse is approaching, everyone checking their phone for the info about how many gigs of data they have left free of charge...
Husband called the tech guys again, they sounded calm and nice... We are very sorry, but we can't help you before Monday morning... Me, I'm yelling from the basement about how this is a life or death situation... 

So my plan B is now on: I'll set my alarm for 8.30 AM. Hopefully, everyone will still be sleeping at home. I'll take my bottle of Champagne and something to eat, and sneak into my office, which is a 10-minute drive from home.  I'll watch SOB from work and hopefully won't get fired on Monday. 

Oh, and after SOB, we are heading to my in-laws, for my MIL's birthday. Knowing Bruce, and his influence on me, I will either love her or hate her much more intensely than I usually do.

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Silvia said:

We had some problems with the internet at home lately and yesterday the tech guys came, they walked around the house, checked the connections panel, the router, the modem, went outside to the street locker... 
Basically, they said that one of our cables was damaged, then they exchanged it for a new one... Everything worked perfectly afterward up until an hour ago... WIFI, TV, all dead and out now. Kids acting like the apocalypse is approaching, everyone checking their phone for the info about how many gigs of data they have left free of charge...
Husband called the tech guys again, they sounded calm and nice... We are very sorry, but we can't help you before Monday morning... Me, I'm yelling from the basement about how this is a life or death situation... 

So my plan B is now on: I'll set my alarm for 8.30 AM. Hopefully, everyone will still be sleeping at home. I'll take my bottle of Champagne and something to eat, and sneak into my office, which is a 10-minute drive from home.  I'll watch SOB from work and hopefully won't get fired on Monday. 

Oh, and after SOB, we are heading to my in-laws, for my MIL's birthday. Knowing Bruce, and his influence on me, I will either love her or hate her much more intensely than I usually do.

OMG!! I know how you feel. We all do. I'm sorry about your internet troubles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

should have another tom joad poll when those who havent seen show see the netflix or hear cd, put that morello version to bed forever,  SOB version is unbeatable

We will see, but it will have to be simply amazing for me to change my mind. I'd rather rock. 

I'm ready. Apple TV is working and connected to my Router directly. Added my Headphones to it so I can play it without waking family tonight. I've tested it and it works. TV with headphones is cool. I played the trailer and it sounds good.

50 minutes ago, Silvia said:

you have incurred the wrath of Landau - who else would sabotage your internet....

• Haha 3

Celebrity Bruce Fan and Mr Mary Poppins John Krasinski knows how long is left

91zyw5pI9GL._SY445_.jpg

3 hours ago, Silvia said:

plan B sounds good

what about a plan c ?

do you have mobile data you can shear to another device like a laptop or tablet

the OH's plan allows him to do this but i just have data on my phone but im counting on the household unlimited data

anyway i really feel your pain and stress

good luck

and enjoy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Celebrity Bruce Fan and Mr Mary Poppins John Krasinski knows how long is left

91zyw5pI9GL._SY445_.jpg

12 hours to go now

i woke up this morning and SOB was my first thought

i looked out kitchen window while buttering toast and thought of SOB

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 9:19 AM, AMIW said:

so what time is it on next Sunday December 16th

Saturday December 15th

8:01pm  Baker and Howland Islands  

9:01pm  American Samoa 

10:01pm Cook Islands, Hawaii

10:31pm  Marquesas Islands

11:01pm Alaska

Sunday December 16th

12:01am Ning In California,   British Columbia,   Pitcairn Islands etc

1:01am  Mikey and other snow covered people and in Canada   Kay in Igloo in Edmonton

2:01am     Chicago and other flyover places   Chile, Costa Rica , Mexico etc 

3:01am  I95 TIMEZONE including BRUCE!!! Colombia, Peru etc and Gorilla parts of Canada

4:01am  Virgin Islands , Labrador, Venezuela

4:31am  Newfoundland

5:01am  Uruguay, Falklands, Greenland, Brazil

6:01am  Sandwich Islands

7:01am  Azores

8:01am  BLIGHTY!!! Portugal, Iceland, Sierra Leone etc

9:01am  Euroland,   Morocco

10:01am East Euroland, Egypt ,  South Africa (stevejhb)

11:01am             Bahrain,  Russkies  in Moscow ,  penguins of Madagascar

11:31am Iran

12:01pm Seychelles, the other Georgia

12:31pm Afghanistan

1:01pm  Pakistan

1:31pm  India

1:46pm  Nepal

2:01pm  Bangladesh

2:31pm  Myanmar

3:01pm  Christmas Island, Vietnam  etc

4:01pm  STEVE THE QUOKKA,   China

4:46pm  Eucla

5:01pm  Japan, South Korea, North Korea

5:31pm  Alice Springs

6:01pm  Brisbane

6:31pm  Lord Howe Island, Adelaide

7:01pm  Vanatu.  Sydney, Melbourne

8:01pm  Wake Island

9:01pm  Tonga, DAISEY and the Hobbits

9:46pm  Chatham Islands

10:01pm Line Islands

just so no one gets confused

• Haha 1

so i just remembered i have a laptop

i just do not want the stress we had before Harry snd Megan's wedding 

that came down to the wire trying to get tv reception so i watched that on my laptop - alot smaller than tv but bigger than tablet or phone

so i know where the blueray player is

its in a box on the floor behind me

but i dont know where the instruction booklet is 

but i know it has a built in netflex option but i want a stress free day .....

hmmmmm

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

so i just remembered i have a laptop

i just do not want the stress we had before Harry snd Megan's wedding 

that came down to the wire trying to get tv reception so i watched that on my laptop - alot smaller than tv but bigger than tablet or phone

so i know where the blueray player is

its in a box on the floor behind me

but i dont know where the instruction booklet is 

but i know it has a built in netflex option but i want a stress free day .....

hmmmmm

With the Blu-Ray player, you just have to connect it to TV then connect it to your internet router. I don't know how comfortable you are with Technology. But it can be done. Do you just have an internet modem or does it have multiple ports?

• Like 1

Less than 12 hours to go.

I'm going to the movies with my Son and will drink Coffee to prepare for the late night.

• Like 4

I don't have Netlifx yet, but I thought it was just a matter of going to netflix.com and that's it? Log in and you're done. 

If you just want to use netflix on your laptop/computer, there is no need to download apps I believe.