Bosstralian

The Archive Series - Random Thoughts And Reviews Thread

We have the New Archive Rumours  Guesswork thread. And whenever a new Archive show is released, there is a dedicated thread to the show but these tend to die down and vanish after a few weeks after all of us 'must buy Day 1 or soon after' sorts have had a listen and expressed our thoughts.

But often I'll be dipping back into a show I haven't listened to in ages and hear things that blow my mind and have nowhere to post about it. There may be folks around here who don't buy the Archive shows immediately but once they do may want to comment on them but the dedicated thread has died out. Or someone who has just heard a great version of a song in one of the Archive shows and wants to call it out.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post their random thoughts and / or reviews on anything they wish in regard to the Archive series. (And this includes not just the true Archive stuff, but the 2014-2017 tour shows also). Anytime you are revisiting an Archive show (or hearing an old Archive show for the first time) and have something to post, here's a home for it.

Let's see how we go... (this may die out faster than the dedicated threads, who knows...)

• Like 6

I'll start by saying I was listening to the Leeds 2013 show in the car this morning and got as far as the Promised Land. It struck me how well constructed that first part of the show is set list wise. Truly a throwback to the halcyon days of setlist construction, which hasn't always been the case with the random sign request bits in recent years.

And I only bought the Freehold 1996 show during the recent sale. That version of The River to open is amazing, but the Racing In The Street late in the show is something truly remarkable. One of those moments that hits you in the guts and confirms why you continue to follow and listen to this man and his music

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Erm, should I, you know? 

Yes, you should. In fact I was going to invite you to do so in the opening post but forgot!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Yes, you should. In fact I was going to invite you to do so in the opening post but forgot!

Well if anything, we might get a few more posts on the subject of me constantly plugging to help bump this up with replies, so here it goes:

Archive Series reviewshttps://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/a-guide-to-springsteens-archive-series/ 

2018 (Feb - Dec) New from the Archive reviewshttps://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/new-from-the-springsteen-archive/

2014 reviewshttps://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/music/the-best-of-springsteens-2014-high-hopes-tour/ 

2016/17 reviewshttps://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/the-best-of-the-river-tour-2016-17/ 

Sussudio's garna have a field day with this! Material for months I tells ya! 

• Like 1

I have to take this opportunity and say, once again, how incredible Cover Me > BD > Tougher sound on the Stockholm release. I still can't find the proper adjective.... Much better than SOB, to be completely honest with you lot.

(I'm using "you lot" instead of "guys" which, I read, is not an appropriate way to adress mixed gender group. I'm apologizing to all the ladies who might have been insulted by my posts in the past).

((I'm working hard, here..))

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I have to take this opportunity and say, once again, how incredible Cover Me > BD > Tougher sound on the Stockholm release. I still can't find the proper adjective.... Much better than SOB, to be completely honest with you lot.

(I'm using "you lot" instead of "guys" which, I read, is not an appropriate way to adress mixed gender group. I'm apologizing to all the ladies who might have been insulted by my posts in the past).

((I'm working hard, here..))

I take your "Cover Me" > "BD" > "Tougher" and raise you "Spare Parts" > "Born in the U.S.A." > "War".

I says "guys" a lot nowadays and think about what you've said a lot. I came to the conclusion that everyone knows I mean well so there's nothing to worry about. I do like the saying "you lot" though. Very no nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I take your "Cover Me" > "BD" > "Tougher" and raise you "Spare Parts" > "Born in the U.S.A." > "War".

I says "guys" a lot nowadays and think about what you've said a lot. I came to the conclusion that everyone knows I mean well so there's nothing to worry about. I do like the saying "you lot" though. Very no nonsense. 

The majority will say you won... Both of the threesomes are outstanding..

If I had a time machine, Stockholm 88, here I come! 

And Roxy 78. 

Just now, Silvia said:

The majority will say you won... Both of the threesomes are outstanding..

If I had a time machine, Stockholm 88, here I come! 

That is until someone comes in with "Downbound Train" > "Because the Night" > "Dancing in the Dark". I haven't listened to this show in 2 months and I need to sort that out asap.

Time machine ey? Tim''s poll in the New Year on that topic's gonna be hella fun. 

Who's Tim? 

16 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I see your Spare Parts > BITUSA > War, correct it to Spare Parts > War > BITUSA and add Roulette to the Cover Me through Chimes... run. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

I see your Spare Parts > BITUSA > War, correct it to Spare Parts > War > BITUSA and add Roulette to the Cover Me through Chimes... run. 

"Overheard in Greasy Lake locker room after Reply 13:
“He got me,” Paolo said of Zoom's response to him. "That f***ing Zoom boomed me."
Paolo added, “He’s so good,” repeating it four times.
"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Is he making any polls, I haven't noticed.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Zoom's favourite pasttime: pick nits. 

I thought it was fishing..

I'm 1992% sure it was fishing.

:P

• Haha 1

Concur with all the Stockholm 'three packs' and add that the encore for that show is also remarkable. An hour or so of sustained party-Bruce greatness that just keeps going and going. The only other encore sequence that comes close for me is The River show MSG 2009 (and that's only if I add 'Seven Nights To Rock' into the sequence, which I know wasn't actually part of the encore).

I do like that 2009 Sweet Soul Music more than the 1988 one though

2 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Concur with all the Stockholm 'three packs' and add that the encore for that show is also remarkable. An hour or so of sustained party-Bruce greatness that just keeps going and going. The only other encore sequence that comes close for me is The River show MSG 2009 (and that's only if I add 'Seven Nights To Rock' into the sequence, which I know wasn't actually part of the encore).

I do like that 2009 Sweet Soul Music more than the 1988 one though

"SPOTLIGHT ON THE BOSSMAN! SWEATING HIS ASS OFF!"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I read through that thread, but it looks like I wasn't focused.

• Haha 1

I know one thing: I'll never enjoy Stockholm 88 like the rest of you as long as the Horns keep playing though Roulette and Adam. :P

My Power three right now. Roxy 75, Born To Run, Sandy and Backstreets.  

• Like 1

You should understand, with all the polls, multiple SOB threads, possible Xmas release tomorrow, the lemon piss thread..

Paolo it's hard.. 

• Haha 1