Sign in to follow this  
Tenth Avenue

Did your experience of SOB differ from the Netflix show?

Merry Christmas friends! I have finally now had a chance to watch the Netflix Broadway show and it made me wonder something. I noticed that there were a couple of things that Bruce talked about when I saw him on Broadway that he didn't on the Netflix show. I'm not sure if he has some regular dialogue that was cut from Netflix or if each night the dialogue genuinely does vary and he tells a few slightly different anecdotes or jokes every time.

Specifically, I'm thinking of a hilarious story about how he used to put a mountain of sugar on his cereal as a child. It really made me laugh and I was slightly disappointed to see that it didn't make the Netflix show. Did he tell this story at any of your shows or was this just a one off?

Did you experience anything different from the Netflix show? Obviously some people will have been lucky enough to have experienced Long Walk Home or This Hard Land, but I'm thinking more of dialogue that may have been cut or simply was spontaneous that night. 

14 minutes ago, Tenth Avenue said:

Specifically, I'm thinking of a hilarious story about how he used to put a mountain of sugar on his cereal as a child. It really made me laugh and I was slightly disappointed to see that it didn't make the Netflix show. Did he tell this story at any of your shows or was this just a one off?

Just watched Netflix and the Sugar Pops story was there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mjmal51 said:

Just watched Netflix and the Sugar Pops story was there

Whaaat, really?? I must have missed it but I could have sworn it wasn't in there, because I was literally waiting for the story to come and it never came :o Will have to give it another watch!

1 hour ago, Tenth Avenue said:

Merry Christmas friends! I have finally now had a chance to watch the Netflix Broadway show and it made me wonder something. I noticed that there were a couple of things that Bruce talked about when I saw him on Broadway that he didn't on the Netflix show. I'm not sure if he has some regular dialogue that was cut from Netflix or if each night the dialogue genuinely does vary and he tells a few slightly different anecdotes or jokes every time.

Did you experience anything different from the Netflix show? Obviously some people will have been lucky enough to have experienced Long Walk Home or This Hard Land, but I'm thinking more of dialogue that may have been cut or simply was spontaneous that night. 

keep going through 

im still interested in how it compaired 

There were some song differences for the live shows I attended.  Last November I heard a gorgeous Long Walk Home, but no Joad or Long Time Comin’.  

In July I heard Joad and Long Time Comin’ but no Long Walk Home, as he dropped it the month before.  

In September I was lucky enough to be one of the very few audiences to get This Hard Land. 

All three shows I saw live were different in subtle ways.  A few stories altered.  Jokes/add libs were added and/or embellished.  Different energy, different delivery here and there. 

Same with the Netflix show.  It was also a bit different than what I saw live.  

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

About 37mins49secs into the Netflix show 

Give or take a few milliseconds

15 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Give or take a few milliseconds

Paolo's on it as per usual.

• Like 1

Yes.

The former was a succession of disappointments, whereas the latter was a great sigh of relief that I hadn't mortgaged my soul to go see it. Somewhat underwhelmed, if I'm honest.

Listened to the audio, but still haven't watched it all. 

Gulp! Bracing myself for a roasting.........