Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

17 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

One of my favorite shows. It's a great modern day western with a classic lawman character and a deep mystery.

The actress who plays Deputy Vic is Katee Sackhoff. She's Starbuck in the Battlestar Galactica remake. I'm watching her new show on Netflix now, Another Life. She's back in space as a badass starship captain again.

we tend to enjoy these kind of shows

cool thanks regarding Deputy Vic's other show, ill have to tick that one to my list 

i never picked her as starbuck

a967accf48385ff577a42a36c701cfae.jpg

Oh, what a lovely film based on a true story about Maud Lewis, an artist from Nova Scotia.  Sally Hawkins, who plays her, is excellent. She tugged at my heart strings!  I'm really enjoying these films which star 'unknown' actors and actresses (unknown to me, that is!).

Ethan Hawkes stars in it too.  I've heard of him ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched this last night. Wonderful, a movie that can make me cry, laugh and have suspense for 2 hours, without me looking at the clock, outstanding. Base on a true story. Don't miss at the end the credits run with actual footage of this drama. 

Image result for the red sea diving resort

• Like 2

8 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

a967accf48385ff577a42a36c701cfae.jpg

Oh, what a lovely film based on a true story about Maud Lewis, an artist from Nova Scotia.  Sally Hawkins, who plays her, is excellent. She tugged at my heart strings!  I'm really enjoying these films which star 'unknown' actors and actresses (unknown to me, that is!).

Ethan Hawkes stars in it too.  I've heard of him ;)

i think i started watching that but it was late and i was real tired

ill go back and find it

thanks for your recommendation 

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Watched this last night. Wonderful, a movie that can make me cry, laugh and have suspense for 2 hours, without me looking at the clock, outstanding. Base on a true story. Don't miss at the end the credits run with actual footage of this drama. 

will do

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

bugga 

not in NZ 

ill have to remember to keep an eye out

The Family is great if a little disturbing. It may explain why Clinton was never kicked out and why Trump never will be. Shadowy figures.

The Great Hack is the story we knew a bit about, Cambridge Analytica and Facebook lying and exerting influence on worldwide elections. Fascinating insider accounts. Facebook is a force for evil is my conclusion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That was really helpful.  I didn't know I could go into my profile and wipe out stuff I'd watched.  There were loads of things I'd clicked on looking to get more info, and they started playing, so Netflix assumes I watched them.   Culled all of those, and all the things I watched but didn't much like.

• Like 1

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/115331585/the-best-bad-movies-to-stream-on-netflix-right-now

i really enjoyed Mr Fuzzy Pants and the tooth fairy 

i saw the core at the movies and little man on tv and they were both ok 

i didn't enjoy PS i love you but i defiantly recomend the first Fuzzy pants and tooth fairy

I'm 13 episodes into Designated Survivor. Enjoying it.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:23 PM, Promise61 said:

The Family is great if a little disturbing. It may explain why Clinton was never kicked out and why Trump never will be. Shadowy figures.

I watched all the episodes and it was very interesting, although I must admit (and excuse my not very bright brain!) I was waiting for a BIG revelation, a massive scandal ... but I probably just didn't understand it fully. Strange people though.  And Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. 

7 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I'm 13 episodes into Designated Survivor. Enjoying it.

Far fetched, but enjoyable with plenty of plot twists.

• Like 1

not recommendation 

but be afraid

a kiwi romcom

i have seen some very descent NZ movies over the years - real NZ not Lord of the rings, and that includes odd little romantic type chick flicks but always with a kwirky twist

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/115367146/falling-inn-love-nzs-netflix-romcom-debut-painfully-predictable-fare

but i have no idea what this will be like but good for Netflix picking up local content from every where, keeping local talent working 

Daisey, what about this new show called Falling Inn Love, about an American woman who wins ownership of an Inn in New Zealand?

• Thanks 1

Holy shit. I had no idea this was coming until I just logged into netflix.

I know what I'm starting tonight.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Daisey, what about this new show called Falling Inn Love, about an American woman who wins ownership of an Inn in New Zealand?

oddly i tried to find this last night when i couldn't sleep but i couldn't remember what it was called and i watched 5 min and thought i had the wrong thing and i ended up watching 72 (80?) cutest animals or some such like (not at all taxing on the mind or the intelligences)

ill have another go at this tonight

thanks for pointing it out 

Clive Davis the soundtrack of our lives comming up latter in September shouid be intetesting 

Series called Shetland. Really enjoying it.

I reckon I could live there... Go for a ride and do the whole island in one go. I'm not scared.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Series called Shetland. Really enjoying it.

I reckon I could live there... Go for a ride and do the whole island in one go. I'm not scared.

You'd trade in your bike for one of these?

th?id=OIP.cdrQru0zI2y5_jCmlxU2gQHaE7&pid

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2019 at 6:31 AM, whispered secret said:

Far fetched, but enjoyable with plenty of plot twists.

I just started season 3 last night and the amount of F-bombs dropped was shocking. Not because I'm sensitive to profanity, but because there had been no cursing in  he first two seasons then all of a sudden in season 3, every character is walking around the White House saying "fuck." It's very gratuitous, with one scene written simply so one character could say fuck and the other could ask "are we allowed to curse like that?" I knew without even googling that the first two seasons had been on network TV and the third was made by Netflix.

As for the show, yes it's so far-fetched. I'm not big on these political thriller dramas for that reason and this one is turning into another crisis of the day show, which is why I didn't watch 24. I think the only thing really keeping me watching is that the character of The President is such a good and decent man that it is like a balm to see someone like that in the oval office, even if it's fictional. I also want to see if he wins a second term.

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I just started season 3 last night and the amount of F-bombs dropped was shocking. Not because I'm sensitive to profanity, but because there had been no cursing in  he first two seasons then all of a sudden in season 3, every character is walking around the White House saying "fuck." It's very gratuitous, with one scene written simply so one character could say fuck and the other could ask "are we allowed to curse like that?" I knew without even googling that the first two seasons had been on network TV and the third was made by Netflix.

As for the show, yes it's so far-fetched. I'm not big on these political thriller dramas for that reason and this one is turning into another crisis of the day show, which is why I didn't watch 24. I think the only thing really keeping me watching is that the character of The President is such a good and decent man that it is like a balm to see someone like that in the oval office, even if it's fictional. I also want to see if he wins a second term.

my curiosity might just make me tune in

how much actual thinking does this show require ? 

8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

how much actual thinking does this show require ?

I asked the show writers and they said hardly any.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I asked the show writers and they said hardly any.

ill trt it

i use netflix as my equivalent of a mug of hot milk at bedtime - just more palatable