Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

I land interesting premise... fairly light acting.. kind of a summer tv series only 7 episodes

sort of survivor meets lost on a beach

watched 2 episodes so far

i really enjoyed downsizing 

Downsizing.png

just watched Clive David sound track to our lives 

i emensly enjoyed it and highly recomend it

I've watched two episodes of Unbelievable, and have decided to proceed no further.  I can't see what all the fuss is about, it hasn't drawn me in at all.   Sorry.  I'm hard to please.

15 hours ago, Rizla said:

I've watched two episodes of Unbelievable, and have decided to proceed no further.  I can't see what all the fuss is about, it hasn't drawn me in at all.   Sorry.  I'm hard to please.

did better than me i think 20mins i lasted

• Haha 1

good news Kominsky Method season 2 on October 25th

(probably not in HobbitLand for Daisey though)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

netflix-seven-seconds-thatgrapejuice-regina-king-600x337.jpg?itok=iXcSqQ9v

Oh, so good! Thanks once again, Netflix.  Acting from everyone was superb.  Set in New Jersey.  It's a 15, so not too violent.  Was justice served? Tell me what you think if you ever watch it (it's about 9 or 10 episodes).

On 9/22/2019 at 3:21 PM, janeymarywendy said:

netflix-seven-seconds-thatgrapejuice-regina-king-600x337.jpg?itok=iXcSqQ9v

Oh, so good! Thanks once again, Netflix.  Acting from everyone was superb.  Set in New Jersey.  It's a 15, so not too violent.  Was justice served? Tell me what you think if you ever watch it (it's about 9 or 10 episodes).

3 episodes so far finding ita bit of a struggle

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

3 episodes so far finding ita bit of a struggle

It has been said, about other series as well, that they could be cut down to 6/7 episodes.  I tend to agree, but I do stick with them to the bitter end :)

1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

It has been said, about other series as well, that they could be cut down to 6/7 episodes.  I tend to agree, but I do stick with them to the bitter end :)

i will try but to many episodes is a frequent mistake that series makers make

6 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

i will try but to many episodes is a frequent mistake that series makers make

There's a poem in there somewhere ;)

1 minute ago, janeymarywendy said:

There's a poem in there somewhere ;)

:lol: i can sometimes write a lot of nonsense i blame it on my keyboard, what a nonsense ha

i find British shows that only run to 6 episodes are 6 episodes too short :(

im always terribly sad when they end for the season

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i find British shows that only run to 6 episodes are 6 episodes too short :(

im always terribly sad when they end for the season

the early doctor who series were 40 or more episodes I wonder what people did the other 10 weeks of the year... it must have been tough to go on with life...

though for most of its run it was over 20 or so much like American tv has been til recently...

i fear the 6 to 8 episodes are here to stay with the onslaught of 4 new streaming services here in the us .... but some us will know it used to be better in 78 and before

• Haha 1

streaming tv is one piece of tech i love i very very rarely watch tv. although would cost  fortune to have em all i love to binge watch, watched 7 series of the mentalist  in a few weeks, nice and simple like me

5 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

streaming tv is one piece of tech i love i very very rarely watch tv. although would cost  fortune to have em all i love to binge watch, watched 7 series of the mentalist  in a few weeks, nice and simple like me

There are less streaming services in blighty though aren’t there ... here there are more than you count on your fingers

Unbelievable-Netflix-Limited-Series.jpg

@BrilliantDisguise, I've just finished watching it.  Seeing that it's based on a true story (awful, frightening) I feel bad saying that I had very little feeling for the main character (Marie). Yep, just the actress and the way she came across.  I have EVERY sympathy for the real person!  Everyone else was brilliant.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

@BrilliantDisguise, I've just finished watching it.  Seeing that it's based on a true story (awful, frightening) I feel bad saying that I had very little feeling for the main character (Marie). Yep, just the actress and the way she came across.  I have EVERY sympathy for the real person!  Everyone else was brilliant.  

Very much the same here!  I know it's a true story, but ... perhaps it's the way they depicted it, but

I just didn't find convincing the way she caved in so easily.  And she seemed to have plenty of sympathetic carers and counsellors, why wouldn't she tell them that she felt bullied into it?

She was very hard to like.  And she permanently wore an expression like Dot Cotton licking piss off a nettle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

I can understand how Marie caved as easily as she did.  She was pretty much alone in the world for a very long time and she did seem to have trust issues because of it.

BD, I can understand that's how it was in real life.  But what we're saying is that we didn't find it convincingly portrayed.

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:
  Hide contents

I can understand how Marie caved as easily as she did.  She was pretty much alone in the world for a very long time and she did seem to have trust issues because of it.

I think if we'd been made aware more clearly about the girl's younger life and what she'd been through ... (I'm being picky, I know). I love the Dot Cotton comparison :lol: - that's what I was sort of getting at.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AMIW said:

There are less streaming services in blighty though aren’t there ... here there are more than you count on your fingers

the choice on us tv is bewildering anyway. but to amazon prime , now tv(SKY) and netflix are the only ones i think which produce their own progs. although all have a lot of old and very old domestic stuff on them as well. I stand corrected if im wrong im no expert