Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

Thought you had britbox too... and Disney in a few weeks

On 9/25/2019 at 8:22 AM, Rizla said:

She was very hard to like.  And she permanently wore an expression like Dot Cotton licking piss off a nettle.

Thick of It fan? :D

I gave Unbelievable two tries but just couldn't get into it. 

Speaking of giving shows more than one try, on my second go with this I was hooked. Yes, I decided to give it another try after the Emmys.

ozark-season-3-netflix-1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Thick of It fan? :D

No, I couldn't cope with the wobbly camera work.  But some phrases pass into the language :lol:

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 3:21 PM, janeymarywendy said:

netflix-seven-seconds-thatgrapejuice-regina-king-600x337.jpg?itok=iXcSqQ9v

Oh, so good! Thanks once again, Netflix.  Acting from everyone was superb.  Set in New Jersey.  It's a 15, so not too violent.  Was justice served? Tell me what you think if you ever watch it (it's about 9 or 10 episodes).

just binged it, one of the best acted tv i have seen for a long long time, was difficult for me at first, the pace was so slow, not normally my scene, but you had to listen closely to brilliant dialogue. Justice wasnt served in any way but i guess racial hatred and bias is still rife, and the phrase no jury convicts a cop was so biting, Is jersey city that bad? the other aspect at time was the contrast between manhattan  across the river and jersey, cleverly done i thought, Highly recommended

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

just binged it, one of the best acted tv i have seen for a long long time, was difficult for me at first, the pace was so slow, not normally my scene, but you had to listen closely to brilliant dialogue. Justice wasnt served in any way but i guess racial hatred and bias is still rife, and the phrase no jury convicts a cop was so biting, Is jersey city that bad? the other aspect at time was the contrast between manhattan  across the river and jersey, cleverly done i thought, Highly recommended

Don't you think that Mike DiAngelo (David Lyons) was fantastic?

55 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Don't you think that Mike DiAngelo (David Lyons) was fantastic?

yes he was  but Regina King as Latrice would be my stand out

• Like 1

Made a note to try Seven Seconds following recommendations on here. Watched two episodes of Criminal and really enjoyed them.

• Like 1

Watched the first episode of The Politician last night, following a 5 star review in The Guardian. I thought the start was quite promising, but by the end of the hour I was bored. Anyone else watched it? Is it worth having a go at episode 2?

as soon as criminal got into child abuse i switched off, i know it happens just cant cope with it

26 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

as soon as criminal got into child abuse i switched off, i know it happens just cant cope with it

im with you on that :(

On 9/26/2019 at 12:15 PM, Marilla Gorilla said:

Speaking of giving shows more than one try, on my second go with this I was hooked. Yes, I decided to give it another try after the Emmys.

ozark-season-3-netflix-1.jpg

Great show!  Glad you gave it another go.  I am so looking forward to Season 3!

I'm so surprised many of you didn't like Unbelievable.  I thought it was a very compelling show (though some parts hard to watch at times).

4 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I'm so surprised many of you didn't like Unbelievable.  I thought it was a very compelling show (though some parts hard to watch at times).

I can't explain in BD. I Five minutes in and I was out. 

• Haha 1

for those who try Seven Seconds a drama about the central park five( also doc  by Ken burns) called When They See Us. contains a perfect bit from Trump. says it all

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 2:11 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

I loved it & the reviews were full of praise. Thought it was very subtly done. The girl was not a sympathetic character, she had many issues & the cops who persuaded her to change her story were misguided rather than the traditional bad cops. The actresses playing the two female detectives were brilliant. 

• Like 2

The Great Hack. Scary documentary.

• Like 1

In The Tall Grass, based on the novella by Stephen King and his son Joe Hill, is pretty good. I love when King takes something as mundane as a field of high grass and makes it terrifying. I wish there'd been a bit more information about...

Spoiler

the stone and the grass people

...but that's King. Sometimes he over-explains and sometimes he doesn't explain enough and I've seen him go either way to both bad and good effect. I also haven't read the book yet, so I don't know if the film is a faithful adaptation or not. King didn't write the screenplay.

It's a good scary movie. I was browsing for something light before I watch the final episode of The Haunting Of Hill House, but I had been waiting for this one to come out so I couldn't pass it up.

• Like 2

The Last Kingdom

Set in the time of Alfred the Great, based on a series of Bernard Cornwell novels.  This began on BBC several years ago and I started watching it then, but for some reason didn't keep up with it.  It was quite low-budget, but after the second series Netflix picked it up and made a third series, with a fourth on the way.  I'm still on S2 and enjoying it this time round. 

If you start this, best to treat the first episode as a prequel as it features events in the main character's childhood.  Some great characters in this first episode, but don't get too attached to anyone as a lot don't survive it!   As you would expect there are battles and general fighting so there is violence, but I've seen worse. 

Two episodes into Unbelievable with Toni Colette. It's really good so far. The way they have set up the juxtaposition between how rape victims are treated by different detectives and how it affects them and the case is superb.

Will continue with it tonight.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2019 at 10:44 AM, SteveJhb said:

Two episodes into Unbelievable with Toni Colette. It's really good so far. The way they have set up the juxtaposition between how rape victims are treated by different detectives and how it affects them and the case is superb.

Will continue with it tonight.

Absolutely brilliant series. Well worth watching. And from the research I did very very closely based on the true events.

th?id=OIP.ijmz6g7OCjn_hF_TLsoxgwHaKS&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Based on a true story.  Great acting.  Seems like the actions of the police were very questionable.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:32 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

'Unbelievable', based on a true story.  Great acting and very riveting.

Image result for unbelievable netflix

Yes. It was quite brilliant.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

In The Tall Grass, based on the novella by Stephen King and his son Joe Hill, is pretty good. I love when King takes something as mundane as a field of high grass and makes it terrifying. I wish there'd been a bit more information about...

Reveal hidden contents

the stone and the grass people

...but that's King. Sometimes he over-explains and sometimes he doesn't explain enough and I've seen him go either way to both bad and good effect. I also haven't read the book yet, so I don't know if the film is a faithful adaptation or not. King didn't write the screenplay.

It's a good scary movie. I was browsing for something light before I watch the final episode of The Haunting Of Hill House, but I had been waiting for this one to come out so I couldn't pass it up.

It started well then eventually annoyed me no end. Was willing it to finish.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, I never watched even one episode of 'Parks and Recreation'.  Decided to try it and I find it to be one of the funniest shows ever made.  I laugh so much during each episode.  Highly, highly, highly recommended for those that are like me and never thought to give it a try.

Image result for parks and recreation

• Like 2