Sign in to follow this  
Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

Season 2 of the kominsky method available today ... what are y’all waiting for

• Like 4

watching star track voyger

have always been a casual treckie 

Voyager was a great installment in the Star Trek universe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Voyager was a great installment in the Star Trek universe. 

it still has the feel of the original which i used to watch before the high chapporal - both reruns because im not that old but Gary like almost every man his age was in love with Uhura - that was one short skirt !

I hadn't heard of Legion before, but I thought it was a good twist on the Apocalypse, with angels portrayed as dark and violent as I always imagine them to be. After the movie, I checked out the spin-off TV series, Dominion, and I couldn't even get through the first episode.

Netflex have raises their prices yet again :angry:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/117323696/why-netflix-users-in-nz-are-confused-about-prices-going-up-again

i think $16.95 is a bit OTT for the standard two person plan compaired to the alternative streaming services which are all now cheaper than Netflix :angry:

but good news :lol:

with Gary's telephone/ internet account for $10 a month we get the same netflex plan plus light box (without movies) 

and im quite impressed. after i had closed my netflex account to stop the billing less than two hours latter my original  account is sitting there again all paid up linked to Gary's phone plan provider :)

now im all set again to complain my arse off over the inaccuracies in the upcoming The crown season three :lol:

but shit ! its still cheap entertainment :)

finally caught up witu comedians drinking coffee in cars (or what ever its called) 

the cars are so beautiful !!!!

• Like 1

im sure @Jerseyfornia posted a recommendation for the toys that made us 

OMG thank you Rick

even though like you, i predate some of those toys 

last night i went to bed wanting to brush Borris' main and tail like my little pony (she was having nothing off it mind you)

my sister who is 5 years younger than me had a purple one with pink hair, 

in the Star wars episode i got sooooo excitteed to see the Empty Christmas box that you (JF) have talked about in your writting

i went to school with this boy who went 17 times 

i groaned when we got to JaJa Binks

Barbie was great - much better than the doco that was on Netflex  a year ago

my sister had 80s barbies but i had 70s barbies - my sister also had Jem and Gary's grandaughter had Bratz

my mum was just like those test mothers, she didn't know how wounderful Barbie was until i got one 

and who knew Barbie's mom was a white collar criminal AND she had a dad !

i like 70s barbie the best

i could go on and on ....

i loved the transformers episode- a toy we only really discovered backwards from the Micheal Bay movie 

Japan must be the most fasinating place 

and then Hello kitty 

all i knew about hello kitty is there was a lovelly shop in Porirua mall Mr Thank You that sold among other lovelies, Asian toys and sparkly jewlery including Hello kitty, and Asian students always seem to love her

she had the most lovelly back story, i had no idea - small gift, big smile and all this kawaii (cuteness)

then  GI Joe - this actions figer is not a doll, i really hope he's still going strong

all my little boy friends played with him and Barbie would happily tag along if their older brothers wernt around

Kenner's star wars toys -( i saw that little bake oven all American girls seemed to have owned ) 

Star treck - some beautiful models of the USS Enterprise, not nearly as sucessful as the star wars toys and now we know why 

Lego - another toy that i never had as a kid, Gary had it, but he was English till he was 7 or 8, my mum thought it would get lost up the vacuum cleaner although my sister had lots of it but now that i know it didn't arrive in America till latter on maybe it didn't get here till later also

im not really familiar with  the other toys power rangers, proffesionals wrestling and teenage mutant turtles so am still to watch them

but a really great series 

thanks JF

one of the best things ive seen on Netflex 

• Like 1

Yeah, I've enjoyed every episode. Shame there are only four episodes in a season. It's a very quirky show.

Oddly, the Hello Kitty episode is one of my favorites. It's just so bizarre.

I noticed tonight they've got another new series called The Movies That Made Us. I'm gonna watch the Dirty Dancing episode tonight.

Nobody puts baby in a corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Yeah, I've enjoyed every episode. Shame there are only four episodes in a season. It's a very quirky show.

Oddly, the Hello Kitty episode is one of my favorites. It's just so bizarre.

I noticed tonight they've got another new series called The Movies That Made Us. I'm gonna watch the Dirty Dancing episode tonight.

Nobody puts baby in a corner.

i never understood hello kitty until a few hours ago !

she has been existing in a parallel universe for me 

now she seems so ...well ... kawaii :)

ill check out the movies that made us

i used to be a big die hard fan (until 9-11 :()

I enjoyed the Shreik xmas social 

More puss on boots would have been better but the donkey and his Mrs are a crack up

Just an hour (? ) long

Then i watched Alf with Will Ferrow whuch although cheesy was enjoyable 

and then our Jersey girl Darlene Love in Holiday Rush which was quite good 

Now im watching Good girls which is really good

This was lots of fun - with added Disciples of Soul

p16106601_v_v8_aa.thumb.jpg.1184ff056266fd311204d5c2cda23d4a.jpg

if anyone has a spair 2 hours to concentrated and pay attention the two Popes is excellent 

This was a great story of a plot gone so, so wrong.

th?id=OIP.KJlBd4iv1ePx_yoQd7RoLgHaDM&pid

7 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I watched this doco on Dolly Parton

It was most enjoyable 

I do really admire Dolly

Dolly Parton here i am 

https://www.netflix.com/title/81204624?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

MV5BZmMyYTBhN2EtMjU4Zi00ZDM2LThiNzktOTM2OWUxMDFiMmM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQwMzQ1MA@@._V1_UY268_CR147,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Is Dolly Parton's Heart Strings showing on Netflix NZ? It's an anthology series with each episode based on one of Dolly's songs.

th?id=OIP.F7vhV0F0LAsPdVuN1bO1TAHaEK&pid

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

10 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Is Dolly Parton's Heart Strings showing on Netflix NZ? It's an anthology series with each episode based on one of Dolly's songs.

th?id=OIP.F7vhV0F0LAsPdVuN1bO1TAHaEK&pid

Yes, its really good too, we still have one to watch

She's a very good actress 

Not like me to watch spooky stuff despite Nicol Kidman's the others being one of my favorite movies 

But ive resently been watching paranormal surviver (only in the middle of the day with no wind) and im watching the kid's show Creeped out

So i got brave and watched Wincester 

Had to check out the house ! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House

https://www.netflix.com/title/80179245?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

(Lucky our Mr Winnie has never killed anything more alive than Goofy drawn on a piece of plywood)

0474228173f749a63630967c7a583bc72532f275.jpg

c3847c07b9d5d4b61aae3de7438d49dea324f006.jpg

My girls started watching Virgin River so I have watched with them.....Not too bad.

045922B4-0EB5-4AD1-9A46-F3DBE2293860.jpeg.c95199f5a0613abfb5dad19d567b67cb.jpeg

5 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

My girls started watching Virgin River so I have watched with them.....Not too bad.

045922B4-0EB5-4AD1-9A46-F3DBE2293860.jpeg.c95199f5a0613abfb5dad19d567b67cb.jpeg

I'm about four episodes into this. It's enjoyable, but it's no Northern Exposure.