Daisey Jeep

netflex- any recomendations ?

im.eatching the African doctor

my conjunctivitis has cleared up enougj i can read subtitles now

when i first moved to wellington and my my boyfriend dumped me i used to go to lots of foreign films

the African doctor was great 

Does anyone else here ever use one of those "Netflix Secret menu' sites to browse the content?

Netflix can be a bitch to browse sometimes if you're not sure what it is you're looking for or if you're trying to find a very particularized subgenre. Hell, there are nights when my viewing amounts to an hour of endless browsing and then I retreat to my much easier to browse music collection.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 10:39 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

just put the bodyguard on my list

On 1/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

It's on my list too.

Daisey watch this soon.  It's really good.

• Thanks 1

If you have the stamina for it, Breaking Bad is essential.  So too is Narcos.  Sopranos goes without saying.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2019 at 12:27 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

Does anyone else here ever use one of those "Netflix Secret menu' sites to browse the content?

Netflix can be a bitch to browse sometimes if you're not sure what it is you're looking for or if you're trying to find a very particularized subgenre. Hell, there are nights when my viewing amounts to an hour of endless browsing and then I retreat to my much easier to browse music collection.

i.think tjis is my problem

especially on a phone screen

i.will google this

On 12/31/2018 at 2:22 PM, janeymarywendy said:

Today I watched the first episode of 'The Vietnam War - a film by Ken Burns'. Fascinating and harrowing.  It starts right at the beginning with the French occupation back in the 19th century.  I had no idea.

I finished watching this marathon last night.  Ten episodes  - about 1hr 30 mins each, so you have to be dedicated :) I absolutely loved it and learned so much about this awful time in American/Vietnamese history.  The film footage, the interviews with both US and Vietnamese servicemen and women, the taped phone calls between various Presidents and their advisers - just unbelievable.  I now know who Robert McNamara was (Bruce mentions him in The Wall) and the role that JFK played in the war, the mistakes made on both sides (yes, I know mistakes are made in ALL wars), the Kent State shooting, the veterans throwing their medals back on the steps of the Capitol building. I could go on ...

The music ain't bad either.  This played over some terrible footage of the helicopters, bombers, civilians etc.  Very moving.

The series ends with Let It Be playing over the credits.

Watch it if you can.

• Like 4

I tend not to be able to watch war footage - I know, surprising. The Vietnam War scares me half to death.

It DOES sound very interesting though - I may give it a go. I remember watching World At War, all the episodes, when I was young. I think it was on on Sundays.

Hacksaw Ridge is the one I'm looking for now - then Their Finest.

Ha! Because I watched Journey's End, Hacksaw Ridge was one of the ones recommended to me. Excellent!

Bloody Norah … I'm half-way through - traumatised I tell ya! Bloomin' good film so far … cripes!

I'm worn out. I didn't know how it ended.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I finished watching this marathon last night.  Ten episodes  - about 1hr 30 mins each, so you have to be dedicated :) I absolutely loved it and learned so much about this awful time in American/Vietnamese history.  The film footage, the interviews with both US and Vietnamese servicemen and women, the taped phone calls between various Presidents and their advisers - just unbelievable.  I now know who Robert McNamara was (Bruce mentions him in The Wall) and the role that JFK played in the war, the mistakes made on both sides (yes, I know mistakes are made in ALL wars), the Kent State shooting, the veterans throwing their medals back on the steps of the Capitol building. I could go on ...

The music ain't bad either.  This played over some terrible footage of the helicopters, bombers, civilians etc.  Very moving.

The series ends with Let It Be playing over the credits.

Watch it if you can.

i gabby got back into it yet

i feel it needs cold weather to concentrate

My Netflix sub runs out this week, but as they mistakenly gave me a free month although I've had one already,  I shall continue for a while.  I still have the last series of Line Of Duty to watch.

I also have a cheap-as-chips NOW TV sub going (that'll go up as soon as Game Of Thrones resumes!) so am planning to give True Detective a try.

• Like 1

good crime true story Manhunt  Unabomber fascinating stuff .

Safe a uk Netflix series watched first 3 slow burner at first but I like it.

• Like 1

I liked this, wont stretch you too hard the plot is full of holes, no idea where they found septuplets to play the lead 

What_Happened_to_Monday.png

• Like 1

I watch a metric shitload of anime. Not sure if y'all into that or not, but here are some really good Japanese shows on Netflix:

• Death Note
  • Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • One Punch Man
  • Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
  • Like 1

Like others on here, I really enjoyed The Kominsky Method.  Two great leads in Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas.  Funny, poignant, and charming.  Arkin is tremendous, as always.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

I'm currently watching The Bookshop. Absolutely loving it - halfway through. I WAS going to go down into town - seems not.

Good film - but what a silly ending. Saw that a mile off, mebbies not who would do it. And the consequences?

Bah humbug!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm currently watching The Bookshop. Absolutely loving it - halfway through. I WAS going to go down into town - seems not.

Good film - but what a silly ending. Saw that a mile off, mebbies not who would do it. And the consequences?

Bah humbug!

You gave with one hand and took with the other.

:blink:

• Haha 2

Sex Education is also very good.  Don't be put off by the title.  Lots of humour, lots of pathos, and a brilliant young cast.

Beautiful location, too.

• Like 2

I hadn't got to the end, first time round - I shall wait until I've watched a complete film before commenting in future.

Same with some books … excellent all the way through then the author gets very lazy and a sloppy ending ensues.

Worth watching, though - go on, watch it and tell me what you think of the ending. Thing is … I was thinking about it afterwards and I think I've seen it! I can remember a certain bit of it … or can I?  Getting older can be interesting at times.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I hadn't got to the end, first time round - I shall wait until I've watched a complete film before commenting in future.

Same with some books … excellent all the way through then the author gets very lazy and a sloppy ending ensues.

Worth watching, though - go on, watch it and tell me what you think of the ending. Thing is … I was thinking about it afterwards and I think I've seen it! I can remember a certain bit of it … or can I?  Getting older can be interesting at times.

Will do.  I've put it on the 'watch list'. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 7:21 AM, Promise61 said:

Sex Education is also very good.  Don't be put off by the title.  Lots of humour, lots of pathos, and a brilliant young cast.

Beautiful location, too.

i kept getting that as a match but had dismissed it

thanks I'll now take a look

• Like 1

im ganna check out the ranch

it has Sam Elliot in it

hubba hubba ;)